OP: Are Somalis too emotional to debate / negotiate rationally..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
The Somali people, wherever they may live have many admirable traits and share a common language, religion and culture. However, we as a people are far, far too emotional to ever debate or negotiate rationally. From grassroots discussions at rural level to high political debates, we are not able to put emotions aside and deal with the issues facing us in a rational manner.

I must admit, I am on occasions guilty of such high emotions. I am a fervent Somalilander, and I make no apologies for that. However, that doesn’t mean I do not wish the best for all Somali people wherever they may be, both in the Horn of Africa or in the diaspora. I take great pride and pleasure in the success of those whom we share a common ethnicity with and commiserate with those who suffer the trails and the tribulations of daily life.

Having said that, it is worth remembering that it was extreme emotionally ecstasy that led to the ill-considered and ill-fated union in 1960, and truth be told, more ecstasy on the Somaliland side than in Somalia. History is a great teacher, and those who pay attention to it and learn from it will progress and prosper, and those who don’t, will be forever condemned to repeat the same mistakes.

Just recently, I watched a debate in Djibouti, with participants from both Somaliland and Somalia. These debaters considered themselves the intellectual elite. Fair enough. There were more than enough professors, doctors and MBA’s present. However, rationality and sensibility are something either one is born with or learns from life experience. As I listened to both sides of the debate, and heard the same narrative repeated over and over again, the need for a new dispensation, the need to respect and understand each other and so on and so forth. There was one young woman from Somaliland on the panel, who hit the nail on the head. She said “We should never deny history, what has taken place, why it happened and it’s consequences” that in a nutshell is the whole essence of the debate between Somaliland and Somalia.

We come together as two separate independent entities in 1960 to form a union that we hoped would benefit all Somalis in the Horn of Africa. That ambition was not realized and subsequently, the union failed. So, the question that faces both Somaliland and Somalia, is where do we go from here?

The overwhelmingly majority of Somalilanders are happy with their lot. Somaliland is not perfect, no nation is, but what is has achieved on it’s own, among it’s people, through dialogue, discussion and consensus is undeniable. There will always be cultural, social and economic ties between Somaliland and Somalia. However, in order to move the relationship forward to it’s inevitable conclusion; two independent states, enjoying brotherly and neighbourly relationship; We need to have meaningful and honest dialogue, with substantive discussions and accept and honour the conclusion.

At the end of that debate, a gentleman originally from Somaliland and currently working for the federal government of Somalia, gave a speech full of emotion, hyperboles and invective. He quoted from Quraanka Kariimka and Karl Marx at the same time! He quoted from Hadraawi and many other distinguished Somali scholars. Sadly, however heartfelt and emotional his speech was, it was not rational and did not offer any meaningful way forward. This was exactly the kind of emotional rhetoric designed to appeal to the core of Somalis and hide the truth. This is not the way forward. It was not in 1960, or 1969 nor can be the way forward 2019 and beyond. Somaliland and Somalia need to have discussions based on the truth and the reality on the ground. It is the only way.

The people overwhelming majority of the Somaliland people are not missing or longing for another union with Somalia. The people of Somalia have to accept that and respect that decision. Then we can proceed to what our future relationship will be.

The Somali people, wherever they may live have many admirable traits and share a common language, religion and culture. However, we as a people are far, far too emotional to ever debate or negotiate rationally. From grassroots discussions at rural level to high political debates, we are not able to put emotions aside and deal with the issues facing us in a rational manner.

I must admit, I am on occasions guilty of such high emotions. I am a fervent Somalilander, and I make no apologies for that. However, that doesn’t mean I do not wish the best for all Somali people wherever they may be, both in the Horn of Africa or in the diaspora. I take great pride and pleasure in the success of those whom we share a common ethnicity with and commiserate with those who suffer the trails and the tribulations of daily life.

Having said that, it is worth remembering that it was extreme emotionally ecstasy that led to the ill-considered and ill-fated union in 1960, and truth be told, more ecstasy on the Somaliland side than in Somalia. History is a great teacher, and those who pay attention to it and learn from it will progress and prosper, and those who don’t, will be forever condemned to repeat the same mistakes.

Just recently, I watched a debate in Djibouti, with participants from both Somaliland and Somalia. These debaters considered themselves the intellectual elite. Fair enough. There were more than enough professors, doctors and MBA’s present. However, rationality and sensibility are something either one is born with or learns from life experience. As I listened to both sides of the debate, and heard the same narrative repeated over and over again, the need for a new dispensation, the need to respect and understand each other and so on and so forth. There was one young woman from Somaliland on the panel, who hit the nail on the head. She said “We should never deny history, what has taken place, why it happened and it’s consequences” that in a nutshell is the whole essence of the debate between Somaliland and Somalia.

We come together as two separate independent entities in 1960 to form a union that we hoped would benefit all Somalis in the Horn of Africa. That ambition was not realized and subsequently, the union failed. So, the question that faces both Somaliland and Somalia, is where do we go from here?

The overwhelmingly majority of Somalilanders are happy with their lot. Somaliland is not perfect, no nation is, but what is has achieved on it’s own, among it’s people, through dialogue, discussion and consensus is undeniable. There will always be cultural, social and economic ties between Somaliland and Somalia. However, in order to move the relationship forward to it’s inevitable conclusion; two independent states, enjoying brotherly and neighbourly relationship; We need to have meaningful and honest dialogue, with substantive discussions and accept and honour the conclusion.

At the end of that debate, a gentleman originally from Somaliland and currently working for the federal government of Somalia, gave a speech full of emotion, hyperboles and invective. He quoted from Quraanka Kariimka and Karl Marx at the same time! He quoted from Hadraawi and many other distinguished Somali scholars. Sadly, however heartfelt and emotional his speech was, it was not rational and did not offer any meaningful way forward. This was exactly the kind of emotional rhetoric designed to appeal to the core of Somalis and hide the truth. This is not the way forward. It was not in 1960, or 1969 nor can be the way forward 2019 and beyond. Somaliland and Somalia need to have discussions based on the truth and the reality on the ground. It is the only way.

The people overwhelming majority of the Somaliland people are not missing or longing for another union with Somalia. The people of Somalia have to accept that and respect that decision. Then we can proceed to what our future relationship will be.

A whole long ass essay about nothing but ur personal problems

Don't project ur unhinged emotional crap
Ain't nobody give a damn. FYI the only relationship you will have at the very least is that of a federal state

If you want more then shut up try fighting 4 ur long lost "independence"

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
It's a problem with Africans. They can't debate most of the time, we are hot blooded people and we don't have a culture of stoicism. We need more of that.

caare.png

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
A whole long ass essay about nothing but ur personal problems

Don't project ur unhinged emotional crap
Ain't nobody give a damn. FYI the only relationship you will have at the very least is that of a federal state

If you want more then shut up try fighting 4 ur long lost "independence"

Exactly my point look how emotional you are...

You speak as sl is a monolith. You have more than 50 of the people hostage with your clan based gov.
Lets sit at the table and talk about why you want to leave with bringing back up the civil war crimes that were commited agaisnt you. Cause if you bring those up then the crimes committed against other communities must be mentioned and reasoned. It will never work. If my people who sit on about 45 of the land are given a voice then sl will seize to exist.

First accept and admit there is no somaliland la wada leyahay. Second that sl was a clan based mamul
Third that there is not justice .

After those 3 are accepted we move on how to settle the whole debate.

Emotional? are you OK m8
I told you cold hard facts so stop sulking

Emotional is evoking the acts of a military dictator for 30 years

Emotional is calling the rightious men & woman of 1960 ill considerate

Emotional is you calling Somali Unity ill fated

Emotional is your messiah Handaraab Arresting all that have a different opinion

Emotional is you expecting us to give a flying f*ck

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Emotional? are you OK m8
I told you cold hard facts so stop sulking

Emotional is evoking the acts of a military dictator for 30 years

Emotional is calling the rightious men & woman of 1960 ill considerate

Emotional is you calling Somali Unity ill fated

Emotional is your messiah Handaraab Arresting all that have a different opinion

Emotional is you expecting us to give a flying f*ck
Somali unity exists??

Somali unity exists??

Look I'm not in the business education dumb people

Your moronic question is common amongst disillusioned, identity lacking, tribalistic Dayuusbaro

You had 30 years to sell ur fiction to your populace but instead you have civil disobedience in large parts of your supposed country, you arrested, tortured and maybe even killed those who believe in Somali Unity

What will happen now is simple, your dissidents will all come to Xamar one by one, Your army will defect in batches, your "President" will become nothing more than a lame duck governor of a region.

Those Isaaq you called ill considerate for Uniting their brethren have a legacy which shall be maintained and reinvigorated by the new generation of patriotic Isaaqs

Now don't get emotional its just the way things are and will always be

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Somaliland is basically a clan called Isaaq that by hook or crook are forcing other Somalis to separate with them so it isn't any more organic than Somalia. At least Somalia is not hypocritical it's main goal has always been the unity of Somalis wherever they recite even if it hasn't worked.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Look I'm not in the business education dumb people

Your moronic question is common amongst disillusioned, identity lacking, tribalistic Dayuusbaro

You had 30 years to sell ur fiction to your populace but instead you have civil disobedience in large parts of your supposed country, you arrested, tortured and maybe even killed those who believe in Somali Unity

What will happen now is simple, your dissidents will all come to Xamar one by one, Your army will defect in batches, your "President" will become nothing more than a lame duck governor of a region.

Those Isaaq you called ill considerate for Uniting their brethren have a legacy which shall be maintained and reinvigorated by the new generation of patriotic Isaaqs

Now don't get emotional its just the way things are and will always be
You and many have this misconception that it somehow is too late... Listen as long as we are seperated, we will be fine and get by with what we have.

With time there will be progress so in the end we have already reached what is most important which is political and economical isolation from Somalia.

For your military remarks, I don't know if you are joking or not but if PL who amassed thousands of troops couldn't repel SL what makes you think Caare with his tiny militia can?

Saaxib, SL army has the logistics and the numbers. We have thousands of troops and unlike PL, SL prioritize and always allocate for military funding.

SL army has the entire economy of Somaliland to depend on if required. One thing you should know is how our government prioritizes security over development.

If PL can't liberate anything what in the world makes you think Caare can you degenerate fake unionist.

You are not even a unionist saaxib, if you were for unity you would write different saaxib. Let's be honest, your view of unity is one that is based on corruption.

It's the same with every one of you fuckers, unity in corruption is what you want.

Last edited:
@SirLancelLord

Somaliland is not perfect, no nation is, but what is has achieved on it’s own, among it’s people, through dialogue, discussion and consensus is undeniable.

Great:qri8gs7:, Say Alhamdulillah/Allahuma Baarik. Now imagine what you could've done being part of an internationally recognised country (even if it's the world corrupt state/Failed state).

Having said that, it is worth remembering that it was extreme emotionally ecstasy that led to the ill-considered and ill-fated union in 1960, and truth be told, more ecstasy on the Somaliland side than in Somalia.

Your damn right, here's Cumar Carte Qaliib talking about it:

History is a great teacher, and those who pay attention to it and learn from it will progress and prosper, and those who don’t, will be forever condemned to repeat the same mistakes.
- Again, Damn right, learn from the dumb mistakes made in the 60s, come to the table and don't accept every bullshit deal these af Qaloocan niggas come with.

C4fFEHGWIAIKGS1.jpeg

This time they're going to come Hargeisa, not have no talk in no Djibouti/Addis/Xamar.

We come together as two separate independent entities in 1960 to form a union that we hoped would benefit all Somalis in the Horn of Africa. That ambition was not realized and subsequently, the union failed.

It wasn't realised because of the leaders put in power, not because it wasn't possible. Put actual leaders who care about all Somalis and not ones who think "how can I push my clan's self interest whilst I have this power".

So, the question that faces both Somaliland and Somalia, is where do we go from here?

Simple, come to the table and speak, state what you want (excl. Secession).There's a vacant seat for you right there

:ufdup:[The vacant seat]:draketf:

If they disrespect, koob shaax oo kulul afka ku tuur, that'll make them speak straight.

These niggas take shots at SL for searching for recognition for 30 years when they've been a failed state that whole time, wtf were they doing?

These backward niggas in the south haven't even held a recognition process amongst themselves down there, f*ck are they gonna do for us. What's their excuse, civil war/tribal fights/Al Shabab, ok so after al Shababies are defeated what's gonna crop up? "Allah hoogayaay, Yajuj and Majuj are in our areas and drinking up the jubba and shabelle rivers, na caawiya."

:westbrookwtf:Fix that shit hole.

@SirLancelord sxb, recognition is all nice and dandy, but your damned if you think anyone is gonna wait another 30yrs for that shit. If it came after 5 years in 91, cool, buy it hasn't so let it go.

Last edited:

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
The fucking nerve these guys have, fix your OWN shit then come ask us.

It will take 100 years before we can have serious talks of reuniting. Until then sayonara .

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
@SirLancelLord

Great:qri8gs7:, Say Alhamdulillah/Allahuma Baarik. Now imagine what you could've done being part of an internationally recognised country (even if it's the world corrupt state/Failed state).

Your damn right, here's Cumar Carte Qaliib talking about it:

- Again, Damn right, learn from the dumb mistakes made in the 60s, come to the table and don't accept every bullshit deal these af Qaloocan niggas come with.

View attachment 66712

This time they're going to come Hargeisa, not have no talk in no Djibouti/Addis/Xamar.

It wasn't realised because of the leaders put in power, not because it wasn't possible. Put actual leaders who care about all Somalis and not ones who think "how can I push my clan's self interest whilst I have this power".

Simple, come to the table and speak, state what you want (excl. Secession).There's a vacant seat for you right there

:ufdup:[The vacant seat]:draketf:

If they disrespect, koob shaax oo kulul afka ku tuur, that'll make them speak straight.

These niggas take shots at SL for searching for recognition for 30 years when they've been a failed state that whole time, wtf were they doing?

These backward niggas in the south haven't even held a recognition process amongst themselves down there, f*ck are they gonna do for us. What's their excuse, Al Shabab, ok so after al Shababies are defeated what's gonna crop up? "Allah hoogayaay, Yajuj and Majuj are in our areas and drinking up the jubba and shabelle rivers, na caawiya."

:westbrookwtf:Fix that shit hole.

@SirLancelord sxb, recognition is all nice and dandy, but your damned if you think anyone is gonna wait another 30yrs for that shit. If it came after 5 years in 91, cool, buy it hasn't so let it go.
No talks can fix Somalia's current situation, we are better off as it is.

Unite with a country that is not united itself? No..

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
We'll do a Majeerteen

:browtf::damedamn:
It's not possible saaxib, for a transition like that we would have to change our laws and our entire political system.

For what? A couple of millions extra in aid? Our economy is downright bad but our economy grows with every year.

Our security is good better than PL and we can go off that. We should also stop listening to IC and f*ck them up.

Everytime we make military advancements we are begged by the IC to stop like in Tukaraq.

No fair games anymore..

Status
Not open for further replies.