Only 3% of school leavers in Ethiopia have won good enough grades to go to university

The minister of Education should be blaming himself and his team.

It actually says a lot about the education system, the caliber of teachers and of course the fact that Zoomers have a lot more distractions than their predecessors.

GemState

36/21
VIP

It actually says a lot about the education system, the caliber of teachers and of course the fact that Zoomers have a lot more distractions than their predecessors.
In a lot of African states the de facto threshold of literacy is being just able to write your own name, dozens of third rate universities in random towns

World

VIP
There aren’t enough good jobs for people graduating university in Africa anyway. Perhaps this is a good thing.

If you have been keeping up with the Ethiopian news, you'd know that actually this exam was taken under harsh surveillance unlike all the previous exams. The point of that was to actually produce a qualified generation of engineers, doctors and lawyers.

I have seen what students in Ethiopia are capable of. Some are very bright, others not so. But both those groups are a mere minority. The majority are very normal people who are afraid to be the odd ones out therefore they push themselves down to not be seen as strange.

They cheat exams, don't have any true ambitions in life and just overall complains about why everything is bad. 'Groupthink' as George Orwell put it.
I assume you can see where such a generation will end up, that's the future for ya.

I too have alot to say about international education systems since I have traveled quite alot myself but to keep it brief; it's not meant to create bright architects who will change the world but workers.

Last edited:

Yaraye

VIP
Damn. No wonder their countries can’t get anywhere. All of their leaders are probably uneducated