One of this lion ( watch the vid) killed a couple making out at Hargeisa riverbed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abkaal

Mudug menaces don't mince their words
I saw lions in muqdisho back in 2004-2005 i was young tho don't remember much:wow:

World

VIP
There use to be lions and giraffes in Sanaag way back in the day I'm talking 50's/60's when my pops was a young buck. I think the giraffes started leaving before 91 though but up until 91 when the entirety of Somalia collapsed there was a lot of different wildlife . Nowdays all I see are lions , hyenas, and baboons
Leaving? They got poached to extinction by the British. There used to even be elephants and shit in Waqooyi Galbeed.

The guy in the video is right it is inhumane. Even the lions know somalia is a shithole, even the zoo's there are shit. These poor lions are going mad, as you can tell by their constant pacing near the cage fence.
Waiting for recognition does that even the animals have gone mad:pachah1:

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Yup, lions used to be very common. It was very unsafe to travel alone, kids & xoolaha waa looga baqi jiray.
My ayeeyo told me this story. I think it was back in the 40s in the hawdka? My great grandmother when she was around 3 years old, she once got lost and stumbled upon a lion family. The gool(the woman lion) & the kids wanted to eat her, but the aar(the male lion) wouldn't allow it and defended her for a good while until her abti oo baadigoob ah, found her and took her back to reerka. After I heard this story as a kid I grew very fond(more like obsessed) of lions. Even now I still have a soft spot for them.

As for this video, I agree, the warancade lions are treated very poorly. And R.Kelly is right, I was in Hargeysa when the accident happened, it was quite the hot topic. I used to play in the very same riverbed as a kid.:yloezpe:

My father told me that as a kid he got lost and walked a quite distance away from the family nomadic compound in the Hawd. While walking he came upon a lion and lioness sleeping and since he was a kid he found them to be so cute that he laid next to them. Then next thing he knew the lions were eating him :camby::camby:( you gonna come down here telling us family fairytales...Ma neef bad tagay?...kulahaa the lioness wanted to eat her but the lion was a Good Samaritan :camby::camby:)

My father told me that as a kid he got lost and walked a quite distance away from the family nomadic compound in the Hawd. While walking he came upon a lion and lioness sleeping and since he was a kid he found them to be so cute that he laid next to them. Then next thing he knew the lions were eating him :camby::camby:( you gonna come down here telling us family fairytales...Ma neef bad tagay?...kulahaa the lioness wanted to eat her but the lion was a Good Samaritan :camby::camby:)
That's probably bullshit. We Somalis are excellent at bullshitting.
But reer Miyi in Koonfur generally know that an encounter with a lion is less dangerous than an encounter with a lioness. You have a higher chance of survival if you encounter a male rather than a fenale.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
That's probably bullshit. We Somalis are excellent at bullshitting.
But reer Miyi in Koonfur generally know that an encounter with a lion is less dangerous than an encounter with a lioness. You have a higher chance of survival if you encounter a male rather than a fenale.

I mean this dude came here, with a straight face, to tell us in impossible tale about his grandma surviving a certain devouring of a family of lions because the male lion was merciful

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
No such as animal activist in Hargeisa?

All zoos are bad but this is just cruel.

Would be better if someone put them out of their misery.

Few years ago one of this lion escaped and travelled down a riverbed here in hell-hole Hargeisa. The lion came upon a couple making out anshe pounced on them and he got hold of the girl. The dude ran like he was running from USC caydiid militia fighters. Lion killed the girl and dude was blamed by the girl's tribe. He had to pay compensation

I was in Hargeisa recently and this same video is recorded at a particular restaurant - I ordered food there and saw the Lions.

I heard about this story but didnt hear about them making out lol - they were catching up.

Few years ago one of this lion escaped and travelled down a riverbed here in hell-hole Hargeisa. The lion came upon a couple making out anshe pounced on them and he got hold of the girl. The dude ran like he was running from USC caydiid militia fighters. Lion killed the girl and dude was blamed by the girl's tribe. He had to pay compensation

No offence but why is SL laws so backward:farmajoyaab:
They should've punished the owner of the lion not the guy who ran to save his life.

A goat was sentenced to 1 year in jail in Hargeisa because of injuring ppl, after its jail sentence was done, it went back to terrorizing and injuring ppl. Why not punish the owner of the goat instead of the goat.:mindblown:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Its a great concept to have a lion to make money tourism, but how does he feed them??? These things eat like tons of food, and i am sure the qaldaan cant even feed himself. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts