On the Foretold Root of Moral Degeneracy and How to Cope With Its Spread

I have been lurking this place for quite some time and I am saddened to see the state that is the Somali, although this extends far beyond that. Westernization and its affect on the Somali people are an embodiment of all its wrongdoings; for it is a degenerate manifestation of life symptomatic of the end times. It has caused the individual to be ignorant of virtue. It has caused the individual to view promiscuity as progression. Globalization and the concurrent advancements of the digital age will only accelerate its spread, and I fear by a couple of decades the mere concept of a traditional Somali, rather, an ethnic enclave practicing said values, will be perceived as extravagant.

My solace to this is, and always has, been the graces of tradition and enlightenment that Islam brought. The west however has been increasingly capable of inhibiting religious customs, for one must assimilate into society to attain even a monocle of economic standing.

My question to you is, how do you deal with the inevitable assimilation of western culture and its affect on Somali society?

I have been lurking this place for quite some time and I am saddened to see the state that is the Somali, although this extends far beyond that. Westernization and its affect on the Somali people are an embodiment of all its wrongdoings; for it is a degenerate manifestation of life symptomatic of the end times. It has caused the individual to be ignorant of virtue. It has caused the individual to view promiscuity as progression. Globalization and the concurrent advancements of the digital age will only accelerate its spread, and I fear by a couple of decades the mere concept of a traditional Somali, rather, an ethnic enclave practicing said values, will be perceived as extravagant.

My solace to this is, and always has, been the graces of tradition and enlightenment that Islam brought. The west however has been increasingly capable of inhibiting religious customs, for one must assimilate into society to attain even a monocle of economic standing.

My question to you is, how do you deal with the inevitable assimilation of western culture and its affect on Somali society?
Sent from my Iphone (The west)

Trending