Oman: History, Power and Influence

The history of Oman’s dramatic rise and fall as a trading and imperial power, its role in the Gulf and its regional diplomacy today.

I heard that Omanis, at one time, owned the majority of the major ports in Somalia (Somali territories). I may be incorrect, though, so feel free to correct me.

Great doc, btw. :nvjpqts:

I heard that Omanis, at one time, owned the majority of the major ports in Somalia (Somali territories). I may be incorrect, though, so feel free to correct me.

Great doc, btw. :nvjpqts:
That isn't true. Oman nominally claimed some territories but it was just a baseless claim. The one's ruling the ports was the Geledis, Bimaal and local Somali clans.

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
The funny thing about this video is how they are crying about the Portuguese and then did
I saw them coping last night, respect their pride tho:obama:

The Ajurans is one of the strangest internet myths propagated by Somalis. They really made them out to be a naval super power when they were a inland tribal kingdom :farmajoyaab:

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
@Jimmer @Apollo Somalis are attacking the comment sections on youtube over this :russ:

we wuz Ajurans an shit, we wuz not ruled by Omanis!! :mjcry:
But it's true, Somalis sultanate were ruling the Somali coast, and then there comes an Arab claim that omanis liberated Somalis, organized them and installed a chief on every clan. Imagine that! A foreigner come and install chief on each Somali clan

But it's true, Somalis sultanate were ruling the Somali coast, and then there comes an Arab claim that omanis liberated Somalis, organized them and installed a chief on every clan. Imagine that! A foreigner come and install chief on each Somali clan

From who ?

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
That isn't true. Oman nominally claimed some territories but it was just a baseless claim. The one's ruling the ports was the Geledis, Bimaal and local Somali clans.

Pretty much. When the Omani Sultan wanted to try and build a fort or something in Xamar he had to ask the Geledi Sultan for permission and even paid him tribute. The Geledi were some gangsta niggas, wallahi. They were running around karbaashing everybody back then. Even the Abyssinians:

The Ethiopian Emperor Menelik's Somali expedition, consisting of an army of 15,000 men, made a deep push into the vicinity of Luuq in Somalia. However, his troops were soundly defeated by the Sultanate of the Geledi, with only 200 soldiers returning alive and were heavily traumatized.

Basically the "Ajuran" of their time.

The funny thing about this video is how they are crying about the Portuguese and then did

The Ajurans is one of the strangest internet myths propagated by Somalis. They really made them out to be a naval super power when they were a inland tribal kingdom :farmajoyaab:
They try to pass off a strong tribal confederation as a sophisticated maritime "empire" :pachah1:

They try to pass off a strong tribal confederation as a sophisticated maritime "empire" :pachah1:
And supposedly the Omanis were strong? 😂 I don't take people who lose to the British, Portuguese, Bantus & Somalis seriously. Imagine losing Zanzibar & selling Gwadar port to Pakistan. However they've got a good nation which is better than having 1 empire.

Inland? So who controlled the coast? Mixed people who are 0.5 (who lost their cultural & linguistic ties to their ancestors) to speak the Somali language & some of their descendents claming black. Or how can we forget the Portuguese getting cucked by the Jews to transport slaves for 1 demographic to solidify their control over the new world. If Portugal couldn't win what makes you think their subjects in the Arab & Bantu world could? I'd rather be tribal than a subject of Portugal then try to claim they controlled people their masters lost to.

And supposedly the Omanis were strong? 😂 I don't take people who lose to the British, Portuguese, Bantus & Somalis seriously. Imagine losing Zanzibar & selling Gwadar port to Pakistan. However they've got a good nation which is better than having 1 empire.
When did Oman lose to Bantus or Somali? And all non-whites lost to the Europeans which kinda mitigates the L a bit

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent

They had ports all over the Somali coast and controlled trade which they sold to Italy.