SOMALILAND Oil refinery to open in Somaliland .

Tukraq

VIP
What's with everyone's obsession with oil.

Somaliland needs to become a breadbasket invest in Agriculture & Desalination.

We have Water Shortage & Food Scarcity
:farmajoyaab: So you want your arid country to be an agriculture based economy over the more lucrative oil based one

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
:farmajoyaab: So you want your arid country to be an agriculture based economy over the more lucrative oil based one
Oil is at the lowest price ever with countries that rely on it solely struggling.

Why harm the environment even more, climate change / global warming is the reason for the increased droughts and lack of rainfall.

If we can harness the sun for energy and the sea for useable water we're set

There are a lot of by products from oil refinery

We will import the crude oil to refine to become self sufficient in petrol, diesel, engine fuel

We can then cheaply pave our roads with bitumen by product

We can have our own plastics industry

We can export these goods

Yaquub

VIP
Oil is at the lowest price ever with countries that rely on it solely struggling.

Why harm the environment even more, climate change / global warming is the reason for the increased droughts and lack of rainfall.

Planting trees reverses droughts. Especially rainforests. Why do you think china and india are funding such projects.

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers

It is still a very good revenue source. I think the best course of action would be to use the money generated to insure our cities are built green from the get go. It will be expensive to 'greenify' a non green city.

DRACO

VIP
Wrong, its you who is bitter and fear any good for other fellow Somalis.

That guy is one of the biggest pro-seccessionist voices on twitter. Whats the point in lying?
Read my post again . I said he’s anti SL gov (current one ) so he is posting propaganda .