Nursing or Engineering degree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axmed Xaji

Your non-biological father
I'm thinking of switching majors which would be the best option?
Engineering is more hands on and requires more school. It's six years where I live. You also need a background in physics and depending on the kind of engineering, you might need a good understanding of chemistry. I think engineering is more exciting than nursing.

I enjoy electrical engineering.

Shxre

Suspended account
You shouldn't dictate a momentous thing such as this that would have a bearing on your future on a Somali forum let alone on the internet! It's for you and only you to decide. Best we could do really is guide you. I'd say research both thoroughly and once you get a better understanding choose whichever would much rather appease to you.

I'm thinking of switching majors which would be the best option?
Nursing would be a great choice. Most of the students are female. I think it is 90+ female. If you are a guy that would be also great. You will have a great advantage when hiring time comes.

Leo

The Brave
Depends on the person and your background. Their two fields on opposite spectrums.

Nursing and engineering are polar opposites (to me). It seems like you're not passionate and more money driven/looking for financial security. If that's the case, you're gonna have a tough time in the future :samwelcome: Choose wisely!

The thing with nursing is it's a BACKBREAKING job.....honestly it looks like the educated version factory worker. I'm a male and amazed at how hard nurses work. Engineering is male dominated, but you can use that to your benefit! A lot of companies these days have diversity and affirmative action initiatives to fix the imbalance, you may have good prospects. What type of engineering anyway? I know it sounds like a fad these days, but if you want a secure future, you may look into software/computer engineering. In the next 50-100 years it seems like the only people that will have secure jobs, are those actively working to displace jobs.

Both are good. Depends on which one you prefer wake up and go to every day for a long time.
They are both good majors too.

paramedic

Call me ayeeyo
What about you?

Do you like math or biology more?
Do you like memorization or understanding?
Do you like working with people or on people?

I will tell you this right now if you don't have any interest in Engineering and are just in it for the money then don't waste your time.

Engineering is one of the most rigorous degree out there and you will have many sleepless nights to complete labs and assignments.

If math and physics are not your strong suit then Engineering will be a nightmare for you.

Anyways I recommend majoring in Computer, Electrical, or Software engineering as those degrees are in demand right now and you should be able to find a job right after you graduate depending on the market dynamics in your city.

paramedic

Call me ayeeyo
I will tell you this right now if you don't have any interest in Engineering and are just in it for the money then don't waste your time.

Engineering is one of the most rigorous degree out there and you will have many sleepless nights to complete labs and assignments.

If math and physics are not your strong suit then Engineering will be a nightmare for you.

Anyways I recommend majoring in Computer, Electrical, or Software engineering as those degrees are in demand right now and you should be able to find a job right after you graduate depending on the market dynamics in your city.

Engineering is not something to take lightly. Neither is nursing, people's lives are in your hands.

Don't go into either of them halfheartedly.

Go with engineering. With the massive push to get more women into the field, you could find yourself a lot of scholarships to ease the financial burden. Plus it's not as male dominated as you think, you'll find other girls who you can be around.
And come graduation, you'll have a ton of opportunities to pursue careers outside of engineering, as the skills and mathematics you pick up can make you a suitable candidate for jobs in finance and consulting etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending