Garowe Developments

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Any investment is good investment.

But if I was in charge of PL, I would have created two or three multi storey offices on one plot that would house all the state ministries. It would also have a park and multi storey carpark.

It would save the construction costs of building ten separate buildings, also is much more convenient for the average citizen and allows for a public servant culture in Garowe.

The money saved could go towards public or beautification projects.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP

But if I was in charge of PL, I would have created two or three multi storey offices on one plot that would house all the state ministries. It would also have a park and multi storey carpark.

It would save the construction costs of building ten separate buildings, also is much more convenient for the average citizen and allows for a public servant culture in Garowe.

JL did that :nvjpqts:.

This

They should rent out all these ministerial buildings to private companies for additional revenue or turn them into medical clinics/schools.

If they're all housed in one location- it's easier to keep an eye on their activities.

Correct. Even I'm surprised how they manage to do it.

Garowe needs even more town planning- there should be an area called 'Xaafada Dowladda' with all the buildings related to the government in one side of the city- complete with all the security measures, road blocks, metal detectors they have for the Presidential compound.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
This

They should rent out all these ministerial buildings to private companies for additional revenue or turn them into medical clinics/schools.

If they're all housed in one location- it's easier to keep an eye on their activities.

Exactly, also its better for the civil servants if they are all together. It creates a culture and camaraderie if they realise that they're with hundreds rather than 30.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Abdalla have u been to puntland lately? I haven't been to Somalia since 98. Has anything changed in terms of human development. I mean I cringe when my own people cannot build their own houses or buildings and rely on pakistani/bangali/yemenis to come over to build us our buildings. This is very low human capital and I know your worried just like I am and just like @Farjano-Walad is because we know no human capital means no product quality and anything they do will be sold as cheap shit. Heck we even do 'raw exporting' of fish/livestock/agriculture, we don't turn it into heaps of different products like camel coffee, camel yoghurt, camel skin for shoes, u know how many different streams of products we can create if we have human capital, it meanns 'innovation' will increase and we gain more out of our resources then just exporting shit constantly at 'raw level' we will even be doing this with gold-diamonds-oil and exporting it live cause we have no human capital

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
I hope Galkacyo/Burtinle/Qardho/Bosaso follow suit and begin a master town plan for the whole city.
Galkacyo is an old city been around for a long time, in order to do city planning you have to tear down existing structures and buildings

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Galkacyo is an old city been around for a long time, in order to do city planning you have to tear down existing structures and buildings

Sydney has been around 18th century, there is ways to urban plan older areas. When I say urban plan. I mean 'sewage, commercial/industrial/residential zoning practises, drainage, roads, trees, schools, hospital, side-walks, green parks' this is quite basic town plan, maybe you confused what I said in terms of grid lay-out. You can still have a town plan that zig-zags thru the older area and I didn't mean those towns need to have a similar 'grid layout as garowe' because your right a 'grid town plan' would be hard in galkacyo and bosaso due to density and irregular buildings all over the place.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I love topics like this, no divisive politics just nation building and working on plans to improve the lives of the people in the city. God bless Garowe and may the rest of us use her as a postive example to emulate. :)

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I love topics like this, no divisive politics just nation building and working on plans to improve the lives of the people in the city. God bless Garowe and may the rest of us use her as a postive example to emulate. :)

Your right qabiil or politics fkd leads to unproductive discussion causes no-one is going to change their political quasi qabiil position anyways so there is no point talking about it. Infact in australia when u work for government department, they advise u as part of the induction you 'serve the govt of the day' not your 'party or political view' so who-ever is in power, u just do as your told and not turn around and have a political discussion about a policy, your not the one elected wa xaq, u need to respect the election result and work in your dept as if you would for all parties since your institutions not political parties.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Jiron after you saw baydhabo developing your now all on-board with federation even though federation idea was proposed by your clan in 1950s when somalia was discussing what type of government we wanted. I hope to see a day when Somali Federal govt becomes like Australia Federal govt and knows it's duties and stops interfering in regional areas and treat all regions as the same and equal and independent and autonomous and plays a 'figurehead role' like our australia government does. Our australia federal govt only has defence-currency-foreign affairs-immigration where-as human services(hospitals, schools) are shared portfolio between states and federal govt with more state power. Policing/Commercial development is 100% state function.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
you 'serve the govt of the day' not your 'party or political view' so who-ever is in power, u just do as your told and not turn around and have a political discussion about a policy, your not the one elected wa xaq, u need to respect the election result and work in your dept as if you would for all parties since your institutions not political parties.

That's an act of wisdom that we can use in our society. I think all of us benefit from seeing something being build, whether its roads, buildings, wells car factories, planes, boats and so on. Just sitting around discussing politics does not add anything useful to our lives but pass time. We have to leave something behind for our future children, just like other nations :)

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I kind of wish we zone out a govt district, business district, residential district, industrial district in garowe and keep the old 'garowe' under different town plan and begin asking businesses to re-locate their operations into the business zone so a skyline can develop, i would advice our factores to relocate to the industrial zone and govt departments would centrally be located in the same place. That is what I call a 'town plan'.

I would prepare the land with water, electricity, roads, sewages, drainage, trees and begin creating a business district and the same for an industrial district, I would then implement in the old garowe parks-trees-sanitation facilities-roads-drainage-sewage-side-walks and ensure it has 'residential data' with house numbers and street names. I would have master town plan for all garowe while having a garowe residential/business/govt/industrial town plan as 'sub entity' of the master plan.

I would love to see my city grow under such planned development and see other cities develop under unplanned development, our city would look the best then

Manzana

𐒖 π’šπ’’π’˜π’‚π’—π’† 𐒖𐒒𐒆 π’ˆπ’‚π’‡π’™π’’π’Œ π’π’šπ’’π’‚. PIM.
Garowe needs even more town planning- there should be an area called 'Xaafada Dowladda' with all the buildings related to the government in one side of the city- complete with all the security measures, road blocks, metal detectors they have for the Presidential compound.
Garowe has an area that pretty much houses most of the gov. buildings with the exception of the courts which are still located in center of Garowe. Last time I was there, they were making plans to move the courts to the gov row - not sure if they have done this already or not. I agree with you re: the security measures. Currently, each building has its own security.

Trending