Novak Djokovic wins appeal against deportation from Australia!

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
What I’ve heard is that Novak and the Aus Open tried to be slick.

The Australian government grants temporary vaccine exemptions to Australians that got COVID in the last few months.

Only Australians can take advantage of this.

Tennis Australia, allows non-Australians and Australians to get vaccine exemptions if they received COVID recently.

So what happened is that Novak got a vaccine exemption through this loophole but the thing is that, it’s enough to let him play but not enough to enter Australia.

Novak’s lawyers admitted that he got his exemption based on recent Covid infection which means Novak is not eligible to enter Australia.

It’s good enough for an exemption for Aus Open but not to enter Australia as a foreigner.

@Kool-Aid

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I’m happy he won as it embarrasses the right-wing here but two things must be noted:

1. He won based on the fact that government did not give him enough notice of cancellation not on the validity of his visa.

2. The minister can still cancel his visa without oversight.

If you disagree with this then you’re probably left-wing in Australia.

:mjlol:

GemState

36/21
VIP
I’m happy he won as it embarrasses the right-wing here but two things must be noted:

1. He won based on the fact that government did not give him enough notice of cancellation not on the validity of his visa.

2. The minister can still cancel his visa without oversight.

If you disagree with this then you’re probably left-wing in Australia.

:mjlol:
All the right wing people are supporting Djokovic cuz he's not vaccinated, the lefties are kinda quiet

Trending