No longer an admirer of Somaliland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhay Geel

"Aar kow Dheh"
over the last 15 years I was a huge fan of Somaliland I always used to defend Somaliland to the fullest. But as I have grown up I started to realise how messed up and corrupted this country really is. From the local police officer, politicians, xildhibaan, old men...everyone.
Last year when I was in hargeisa I was living next door to a family who had a mentally ill person. This guy was violent and he was going mad. So the family knocked on my door and told me to go and fetch couple officers from the police station. I quickly drove their and told the chief exactly what had happened. He was sitting there with his fat belly and he told me why don't you buy handcuffs their only $10. I was shocked at this response.

Another thing I have noticed is the police who are all chew heads love to hustle people, especially foreigner who they think got money.
Also the police and justice system is the worst most backward system in the world. If a guy was to stab another guy, he would immediately get arrested. Then his fellow clansmen will bail him out, his clan would then pay compensation to their victim and his family.

Education system is rubbish, healthcare is so bad I don't even want to get started I would be writing essays. There is no city planning, no public spaces such as parks and playgrounds. Everything is private or has been privatised. Youth unemployed is 1 of the highest in the world. Tahriib is still and issue. There is no care for the environment all the trees have been burned down to make charcoal...etc.

There are so many other issues but the worse part is there is no hope. I don't think there is going to be any improvement any time soon. The issue is not the lack of money but it's the corruption. About 90% of Somalilands budget goes in the pockets of politicians. Yet they have the check to say we are building a country.

I had enough I don't support Somaliland anymore. I am just going to focus on my on life in the UK for now.

Don't give up on your homeland.

If you're anti-corruption, launch an anti-corruption campaign.
If you're against privatization of public land and facilities, lobby for it to be made public.
Apathy is very dangerous because it allows corruption to flourish without resistance.

Citizens should not expect their government to do everything. Being a citizen doesn't end when you pay taxes, you should find out where these taxes actually go.

Walal, that is the nature of our situation.

We are unrecognized, there is only so much that we can do without funds or loans.

Somaliland is a collaborative effort, everyone helps out as much as they can.

We are all angry at the problems, but if you zoom out and look at the bigger picture, at the end of the day for our level, we are doing great, the past 10 years alone there has been great development.

Dude Samalia is a joke. I would rather contribute to gaalo cadey countries than to aid a corrupt system

Dhay Geel

"Aar kow Dheh"
Thing is corruption has become normal in Somaliland.
Even the local would tell you that they would rather elect a corrupt politician to represent them than an honest politician. They say at least the corrupt politician would steal money from the government and feed his people.

Enough is enough Somaliland is not my Home London is.

:manny:

It's the old red bearded species bro, we have to overthrow them, they may look innocent and nice, but they're holding everyone back with their backward way of thinking. It's not only in SL, it's in every region

Admin

Community Manager
Staff Member
Administrator
For me it was the tiny pebbles in my sandals. It may seem insignificant but it gets very annoying and it makes you wonder how people live like that.

Bohol

VIP
You just realized this? Somaliland politically won't get anywhere (there won't be recognition even in 100 years). It is better to focus
your energy in the development aspect of it, develop your tuulo and help your people. That is all that matters at the end of the day.

Dhay Geel

"Aar kow Dheh"
Somaliland is corrupt
Somalia corrupt
Djibouti corrupt
Kenya corrupt
The whole of Africa corrupt.

The difference between Somaliland and the rest of the world is corruption in Somaliland is normal. At least in the rest of the world it's done under the table, in Somaliland is done in public.
And we still have uneducated politicians running our affairs and some even trying to become president.

El padrone

Hedonist, Depressive realist, Existential nihilist
Ninyo waa wehel la'aanta.
inantu waa single like a Pringle.
She rejected my DM moves couse I'm shiid.
Bal adigu give it a go.
kkk shiid kuye. its lacag or getting her luggage lifted. she cant have both ways.

Hold my shaahmpagne! :superman:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending