Nice university in Maakhir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice poor families who can not afford to send their kids to Uganda/Malaysia universities will have alternative.

IMG_5465.JPG

Somali faces
"My father taught me how to herd cattle. I had this feeling that I wanted something different. The people around me only cared about how to raise cattle. I was curious and used to engage in something entirely different like painting and making sculptures from wood. My uncle taught me how to read and write in the Somali language. As for maths, I learned it using an old Casio calculator watch. In the end, my sister said that the nomadic life is not for me and suggested I move to the city to pursue formal education. I was enrolled in a local school. Usually, they put you in class one if you never had a formal education before but I was tested on my literacy and maths skills. They were impressed with it and put me in class two. In the later years, the school adopted English-medium education. I could barely understand a word, so I mimicked and memorised words that I didn’t know from cassette tapes. I got the hang of it after getting English text books and became the English translator for my school whenever the charity that funded the school visited. As I grew older, I became more interested in the religion and was appointed as an Iman for a local masjid. In the end, I moved to Mogadishu where I completed my high school. Naturally, I wanted to pursue higher education in Borame but didn’t have the means. I had 100 USD in my pockets, $90 I spent on a ticket to Hargeisa. Upon arriving in Hargeisa, I had to pay seven dollars entry fee and was left with mere three dollars. A girl saw my plight and helped me financially. She put me on a bus that was going to Borame and gave me extra pocket money. Without her, I would have been stranded there, unable to go anywhere."

(Mogadishu)

“Aabbahay wuxuu i baray sida xoolaha loo dhaqo. Dadka aan la soo koray xoolaha, biyaha, abaaraha ka fekeri jireen. Anigana waxaan ka fekeri jira wax kale. Waxaan aaminsana aragti gebi ahaanba ka duwan midaas oo ah sawir baa sawiri jiray ama geed baa qof ka sameen jiray. Adeerkay wuxuu i baray qorista luuqadda. Xisaabta waxaan ku bartay anigoo isticmalaya xisaabiye noocisu ahaa Kaasiyo. Ugu danbayntii walaashay baa igu tiri nolosha miyigu adiga dan kuguma aha waa in aad u guurto magaalada si aad uga bilowdo waxbarasho. Kadib iskuul ba la i qoray. Marka lagu qoro iskuul isla markiiba waxaa lagu gaynaya fasalka kobaad. Imtixaan bey iga qaadeen. Wey yaabeen, kadib waxay i geyeen fasalka labaad madaama aan aqaanay sidaa wax loo qoro iyo xisaabta. Muddo sannado ah kadib iskuulka wuxuu bilaabay barista luuqadda Ingiriiska oo ah. Af-ingiriisna waan fahmi waayey marka waxaan bilaabay in aan dhegaysto cajalado isla markaana xafido oraahyo badan markii hore anaan aqoon. Kadib markii aan helay buugaag Ingiriisi ah oo luqadda bartay, waxaa turjumaan u noqday hay’ada Iskuulka dhistay. Aniga u turjumi jiray. Markii aan koray waxaan imaan ka noqday mid kamida masaajidada magalaadda. Ugu danbayntii waxaan u guuray dhankaas iyo magaaladda Xamar oo aan ka dhamaystay dugsiga sare. Waxaan jeclaaday inaan jaamacad ka galo magaaladda Boorama. Wakhtigaas waxaan haystay lacag dhan $100, kadib $90 waxaan ku bixiyey tigidhkii aan ku imid Hargeysa. Markii aan Hargeysa imid waa in aan bixiyo 7 doolar oo markaas ahaa fiiga, anigan waxaa isoo hadhaya qadar dhan saddex doolar. Marka gabar Soomaaliyeed ayaa i aragtay in aanan waxbadan haysan kadib lacag ayeey isiisay, baskii u baxayey Boorame iga soo bixisay lacag dheeraad ahna way isiisay. La’aanteed tageerada ay I fidisay maan kasoo baxeen meelna maan gaadheen. Hargeysa baan ku hakan lahaa."

(Muqdisho)

Because it is far away from a beach.

Tell me one uni thats near a beach.

In Canada, University British Columbia (UBC) is next to water in Vancouver.

I don't think someone said "Hey, let's build on the beach" and someone objected with ...

Tell me one uni thats near a beach.

But, judging on how swift you jumped on this reply, tells me this exactly how the decision making came down. loool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts