New Somali music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it piss anyone else off? It's just stupid and sounds all the same. There hasn't been a single good song for more than a decade! Not a single one! Astonishing! I know there's no government back home, but that does not even begin to explain the lack of individual creativity.

Does it piss anyone else off? It's just stupid and sounds all the same. There hasn't been a single good song for more than a decade! Not a single one! Astonishing! I know there's no government back home, but that does not even begin to explain the lack of individual creativity.

Somali and creativity don't go together, just look around you Carl sagan baa kuu daarshey do you see any creativity ? s suffer from something I call the twilight zone syndrome, forever going back and forth on the same ol BS, may it be in politics, Music, education, qabillism etc.

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
i heard this played in the car the other day and its not bad tbh even tho dude's voice is kinda lame

Somali and creativity don't go together, just look around you Carl sagan baa kuu daarshey do you see any creativity ? s suffer from something I call the twilight zone syndrome, forever going back and forth on the same ol BS, may it be in politics, Music, education, qabillism etc.
Carl Sagan baan kugu dhaarshey! Brilliant! I'm gonna borrow that sometimes! :icon lol:

What happened to Lucifer this week, by the way? I've been looking forward to it!

Carl Sagan baan kugu dhaarshey! Brilliant! I'm gonna borrow that sometimes! :icon lol:

What happened to Lucifer this week, by the way? I've been looking forward to it!

The show is on a break till December 19th, I'm taking a rest can't entertain you lot week in and week out with out a break damn it I'm tired ! :bell: :icon lol:

No but seriously show is getting better with each episode right ?

And the look on Linda's face when he truly revealed his face as the devil him self, and she thought he was a basket case :icon lol:

The show is on a break till December 19th, I'm taking a rest can't entertain you lot week in and week out with out a break damn it I'm tired ! :bell: :icon lol:
:icon lol:
No but seriously show is getting better with each episode right ?
Indeed!

And the look on Linda's face when he truly revealed his face as the devil him self, and she thought he was a basket case :icon lol:
Even after she managed to muster words, she forgot he was the patient and asked all kinds of questions, including whether particular dead family members of hers were in Hell. :icon lol: I didn't expect that God was playing ten-dimensional chess all along, though, as revealed in the last episode. Sneaky bastard! :icon lol: I like how Lucifer says 'detective' :icon lol:, and calls Dan 'detective douche'. :icon lol: I like Maze's character. Such a badass!

:icon lol:
Indeed!

Even after she managed to muster words, she forgot he was the patient and asked all kinds of questions, including whether particular dead family members of hers were in Hell. :icon lol: I didn't expect that God was playing ten-dimensional chess all along, though, as revealed in the last episode. Sneaky bastard! :icon lol: I like how Lucifer says 'detective' :icon lol:, and calls Dan 'detective douche'. :icon lol: I like Maze's character. Such a badass!

Amanadiel's face :ohhh:
God fellow is something else.

And mazakeen is all types of xaax :lawd:

He cracks me up every time he calls Dan detective douche :mjlaugh:

Despite that it seems the comradery between them is getting better.

VixR

Veritas
You should direct us to your favorites. I feel like you might have an extensive library of good tastes. Feel free to bombard the thread with it.

We listened to a lot of oldies growing up, I may even recognize some.

VixR

Veritas
i heard this played in the car the other day and its not bad tbh even tho dude's voice is kinda lame

Somali music's problem is not their voices. Somali men esp have attractive voices in general. It's the background keyboard music that usually sux ass. The older stuff sounds better for that reason, bc there was more thought put into the melody.

Someone should make a mixtape.

You should direct us to your favorites. I feel like you might have an extensive library of good tastes. Feel free to bombard the thread with it.

We listened to a lot of oldies growing up, I may even recognize some.
Well, where do I start? :banderas:

Let me start with a classic (that happens to be somewhat unknown).

Axmed Gacayte never had a song that wasn't pure gold:

♪ Umaleey jacayl, ♪
♪ Marna jaar ma noqoteen? ♪
♪ Jid ma wada lugeyseen? ♪
♪ Ma la cuntay jidiin wali? ♪
♪ Jihaad ma isku aragteen? ♪
♪ Jiidhkaad ka dhalatiyo ♪
♪ Ma kaa jaray dadkiinii? ♪
♪ Gooni socod makaa dhigay? ♪

Edit: Ah, there's limit for the number media contents in post. f*ck off SSpot!

I'm big fan of Hibo Nuura (that's a big understatement). I never learned who wrote the first one on this list. It must have been one of the great poets. It's absolute genius! (I learned the phrase 'godadle waa gediisii' before I heard the song - many people don't even know the origin).

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
Somali music's problem is not their voices. Somali men esp have attractive voices in general. It's the background keyboard music that usually sux ass. The older stuff sounds better for that reason, bc there was more thought put into the melody.

Someone should make a mixtape.
yea agreed, which is why this song caught me by surprise. the instrumentation was nice and sounded like live instruments for the most part. even the synth was tasteful. shame that the dude can't sing for cambuulo tho :lol:

which goes for most modern Somali singers tbh. rarely ever can u find one that but only sings in tune but also covers some type of emotion :francis:

¶ How many a time have I, taken a skin bucket out of Walwaal and the wells of Wardheer.

How many a time have the flood rivers of Waheen, had put me in the vast ocean, and I came out unscathed. ¶

More from Magool:

Now a couple from Samatar:

It's our own Beethoven's 9th Symphony.

He vowed to never sing this one again after the original! :icon lol:

Tbf many of these songs have interesting stories behind them that I can't be arsed to give.

Don't say that I'm fairly creative :mjcry:

but ur right somalis squash it out of u at an early age if it's not a STEM subject then it's :camby:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending