New Series - Developing Somalia means Developing your Region - My Region is Jubbaland (Gedo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly its is VERY SAD that the people of Somalia, in general, and of Gedo Region in particular to suffer lack of water. The region is among the most rainy region in the country but most of the water either flow into Jubba River or infiltrate into the ground. The infiltrated water is not wasted if exploited properly.

Img: A Farm in Gedo

The recharge subsurface aquifers / groundwater and what we need is wells to be drilled in many parts of the region. Lack of water should not be an issue in Gedo Region and in many other parts of the country. Besides that, the Jubba River is a constant source of water for agriculture and more. Gedo Region should have been the bread-basket of Somalia, be it extensive agricultural practice and livestock.

The geographic location of the region is also very strategic, it is the bridge between Somalia, Ethiopia and Kenya. And now being part of the Jubbaland with relative easy access to the port of Kismayo, the region could be business hub. Thus, developing agriculture, livestock, business, ........ the sky is the limit!!!!

Geologically, the region has good hydrocabon potential, and considering with its "sister regions of Jubbada Dhexe & Jubbada Hoose" the petroleum potential (both offshore and onshore) is high.

To develop all these resources requires political stability of Somalia, as well as a firm stability of Jubbaland. Sadly the continues litigation among the Somali people in general, and among the Jubbalanders in particular prolongs any meaningful development of the country. Consequently, this further prolongs the suffering of our people. My "dardaaran", do your best to contribute to the stabilization of our nation in every scale: country, state, region, district, tuulo and within the clans, sub.... sub..... sub...... clans!!!

I am chemical engineer going back this ummer to build 2 water wells and develop my families large farm. Hoping to turn it into a massive commercail farm insallah.

A fellow engineer Mashallah :salute:

Good luck on your future endeavors and report back and let us know about the fruits of your development...

Judging by the picture it seems that the region does have a massive potential in regards to mineral rich soil and I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of natural resources lying in the heep waiting to be extracted.

Only thing holding us back from turning our regions into a pure development haven is Political Instability and with time that will surely come to a rest.

Mashallah brother :rejoice:

Gedo is trule one of the most resources rich areas in Somalia. I hope you succeed at what you're doing .:salute:

Inn sha allah more and more somalis will return and develop our great nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts