New details of Somalia's genocide against Somaliland, lest we forget

Somalilanders who fled the Isaaq genocide that was happening in the North, to Mogadishu between 1981 and 1989, thinking they would find peace, were massacred inside Mogadishu itself. Teachers, lecturers, civil servants and NGO workers from Somaliland working in Mogadishu were rounded up and massacred. The rest of Somalia remained silent about this genocide even as they bore witness to it all. Even today they remain silent and unrepentant. Even today they make excuses for their unforgivable crimes. Even today they justify their unjustifiable genocide.

Somaliland should never forget. Never again.

Last edited:

DRACO

VIP
Bohol's already here apologising for Somalia's government:mjlol:

This nigga wants us to believe he's half Somalilander too:deadpeter:

Fat pirate

Observer
By somaliland I think you mean isaaq clan - last I checked the awdal folk, warsangelis and dhulbhantes don't share your exaggerated pains, I suspect they don't give F either considering some of them were massacred by you lot

By somaliland I think you mean isaaq clan - last I checked the awdal folk, warsangelis and dhulbhantes don't share your exaggerated pains, I suspect they don't give F either considering some of them were massacred by you lot

Typical reer Somalia mentality. As if you care about Awdal, Warsangeli or Dhulbahante. You just see these communities as pawns to use against Somaliland :camby:

Northern Somalia has been flattened, raped and traumatised by Siyad Barre's forces. Whole towns have been destroyed. Mines are everywhere, still wreaking havoc on defenceless people.

The cracked minarets symbolise the barbarity. This was a war of total destruction. He still cannot understand how in a country where everyone is Muslim even the house of God was not a safe haven. This was a war waged by Godless people.

President Barre had given orders to his army to exterminate the Isaaq people of the North. Nearly the whole of Northern Somalia is in ruins. No town, no village is left untouched. What remains of the major town of Hargeisa is bullet riddled walls, car wrecks, and twisted steel.

The local SNA army commander, General Morgan, the son in law of Barre, had earlier written a "death letter", in which he asked the president permission to destroy the Isaq clan of Somalia.

Nearly half a million residents lived [in Hargeisa] until 1988 in relative prosperity. In Hargeisa alone an estimated 50,000 people lost their lives. Only 5% of the buildings in Hargeisa still stand - the ones in which the government soldiers resided.

Hargeisa, the second town of Somalia and once the capital of British Somaliland, will have to entirely be rebuilt. The totality of destruction in Northern Somalia is beyond description. It is as if a nuclear bomb had exploded in this town. On the road from Hargeisa via Berbera to Burao, a penetrating smell warns of rotting human flesh. From the rubble of a blown up tank, a shrivelled leg sticks out. On the tarmac lies a decomposing flattened body.

While the clan fighting in the south continues, the SNM has established a fragile peace in the North, the former British Somaliland protectorate, led by Abdirahman Tuur."

AUN Abdirahman Tuur, a hero of Somaliland

D4nnBtTX4AABs1V.jpg

D4nnCg0XsAEvCez.jpg

Last edited:

Fat pirate

Observer
Typical reer Somalia mentality. As if you care about Awdal, Warsangeli or Dhulbahante. You just see these communities as pawns to use against Somaliland :camby:
You said somaliland will never forget, which implies somaliand = isaaq clan.

I would geniouly support you lot if you take your dusty triangle and name it your own country, isaaq dominance over these other clans and calling it a democracy is a joke

You said somaliland will never forget, which implies somaliand = isaaq clan.

I would geniouly support you lot if you take your dusty triangle and name it your own country, isaaq dominance over these other clans and calling it a democracy is a joke

But AMISOM-occupied Somalia is a democracy? Somaliland is more of a democracy than Somalia ever was.

That's actually quite true, since I was a little kid I actually thought people in the konfurta somaliyeed were massacring SL citizen. furthermore, a couple of years ago I discovered it wasn't people of the south . but, it was a certain group within D block doing it along with neighbouring militia clans of the issaqs. End of the day, the issaqs won .:fittytousand:

That's actually quite true, since I was a little kid I actually thought people in the konfurta somaliyeed were massacring SL citizen. furthermore, a couple of years ago I discovered it wasn't people of the south . but, it was a certain group within D block doing it along with neighbouring militia clans of the issaqs. End of the day, the issaqs won .:fittytousand:

Somaliland did win in the end.

But never forget that the entire South population stayed silent about the genocide in the north. Little did they know that Barre's savagery would eventually reach them too.

Fat pirate

Observer
But AMISOM-occupied Somalia is a democracy? Somaliland is more of a democracy than Somalia ever was.
Typical deflection tactics, all I'm saying is if you want ictaraf why not simply take your dusty triangle and name it your own country, no 1 will get in your way, heck you will even have my support since you guys only bring negative energy to the table, we was victims - we will never forget etc. Everyday we have to hear the exaggerated version of past history.

The other clan clans and regions don't share your so called victimhood status and hatred towards the south, therefore have no reason to join you in your ictaraf mission, and from the looks of things they view you lot as their oppressors

Fat pirate

Observer
But do you see how your fellow isaaqs are always trying to paint this picture that all Somalis where against them, and somehow all Somalis are evil etc.

Typical deflection tactics, all I'm saying is if you want ictaraf why not simply take your dusty triangle and name it your own country, no 1 will get in your way, heck you will even have my support since you guys only bring negative energy to the table, we was victims - we will never forget etc. Everyday we have to hear the exaggerated version of past history.

The other clan clans and regions don't share your so called victimhood status and hatred towards the south, therefore have no reason to join you in your ictaraf mission, and from the looks of things they view you lot as their oppressors

Because war ravaged, AMISOM-occupied, chaotic Somalia which is 1,500 KM down south, has something to offer any part of Somaliland? I think not. You didn't have anything to offer between 1960 and 1991, except murder and mayhem. You didn't have anything to offer between 1991 and 2006 except famine and chaos. You didn't have anything to offer between 2006 and now except Ethiopia and AMISOM occupation and humiliation. And you don't have anything to offer now.

It is Somaliland's choice to stand alone.

Neefka maxuu af Ingris ugu qoraya? I'm against any qabil being massacred but something's should be discussed between us and not broadcast to shisheye.

Fat pirate

Observer
Because war ravaged, AMISOM-occupied, chaotic Somalia which is 1,500 KM down south, has something to offer any part of Somaliland? I think not
Are your referring to the same somaliand that can't even build roads, Mogadishu coming off from years of war already looks 100 times better then hargeisa...

Are your referring to the same somaliand that can't even build roads, Mogadishu coming off from years of war already looks 100 times better then hargeisa...

Good for Mogadishu. But as the president of the Puntland region said, Mogadishu is not Somalia and Somalia is not Mogadishu. How may cities outside Mogadishu have roads? How much of international aid has been shared with regions outside Mogadishu? How many of the so-called Federal Government's institutions reach regions outside Mogadishu?

shum33

Somaliland supremacy
hatred towards the south
Hawiye have an inferiorty complex,somaliland does not give a shit enough to hate your south,we are completely indifferent we just don’t want to be associated with mooryans,we even proposed a joint gov between USC controlled south and SNM controlled north after the civil war,but we overestimated your kind,and till today you can’t get your shit together
We made something and are moving on,its not based on victimhood but we must never forget what happened,who gives a shit if it didn’t happen to the other tribes in somaliland?it happened to one of them and should be acknowledged by somaliland since isaaqs are from somaliland

Hawiye have an inferiorty complex,somaliland does not give a shit enough to hate your south,we are completely indifferent we just don’t want to be associated with mooryans,we even proposed a joint gov between USC controlled south and SNM controlled north after the civil war,but we overestimated your kind,and till today you can’t get your shit together
We made something and are moving on,its not based on victimhood but we must never forget what happened,who gives a shit if it didn’t happen to the other tribes in somaliland?it happened to one of them and should be acknowledged by somaliland since isaaqs are from somaliland

The things is most Hawiye in South Central Somalia are more than happy to be ruled by people from Puntland and Gedo. I don't know if it is because they cannot govern themselves, or because they are naive and fall for the fake unionism nonsense. They need either a MJ President and MX prime minister, or vice versa. On the other hand the regions of Puntland and Gedo have the lowest economic output in all Somalia's regions, so they need the tax revenue from Hawiye towns and cities, including Mogadishu's Bakara Market, airport, sea port and businesses.

Daarood is basically the governing elite in South Central Somalia. Hawiye, Raxanweyne and Somali Bantu are the working classes and tax payers. Even during colonialism they worked in the farms and plantations, while Daarood were governing elite who were working for Italians in the offices and as civil servants. That might be fine as their political arrangement which they have agreed to, but Somaliland has never been part of this politial-economic framework.

Whereas Somaliland is capable and willing to govern itself. Somalilanders are both the governing elite in Somaliland and the working classes. We also have a democratic form of government. We also has no economic links with south central Somalia. Our political culture is fundamentally different.