My Study has found that Somalis are UNAFFECTIONATE

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Affection was the least chosen trait in my survey
Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at 8.04.30 PM.png

I grew up in a typical non affectionate Somali household but I love affection in my friendships and would very much prefer an affectionate spouse. Should I stay away from faraxs then?

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Kinda weird for me. I grew up in a very loving and affectionate home. Hooyo and I would hug, give each other kisses and say I love you everytime we saw each other, even if the last time we saw each other was 2 mins ago. 💀 My Aabo wasn't quite the same but he still hugged me, gave me a kiss on the head and said I love you fairly regularly. He'd also play with me quite often. Catch, tickling, baiting me to come listen to important news then scream in my ear. "Hey, I'm your papa. Come here. Trust me!" 😭

It was a bit of a surprise to learn this wasn't the norm. My parents' ways made me quick to affection around others. I hug even strangers very easily. But I noticed early on that some cousins didn't like being touched. Like even a simple hand on the shoulder bothered them. I found this very weird at first but my hooyo told me to simply watch how they were with their parents. I quickly noticed they didn't hug, get kisses on the cheek or anything and it made sense. They were not used to being hugged by their own mother so of course it's weird coming from a cousin. One story that always broke my heart was a cousin who stayed with us for quite some time and then kinda got sobby and mad with his parents and said something like "Why aren't you and papa like Shimbiris' parents? You never hug me or kiss me or tell me you love me!" I've come across similar sad stories over the years.

Kinda weird for me. I grew up in a very loving and affectionate home. Hooyo and I would hug, give each other kisses and say I love you everytime we saw each other, even if the last time we saw each other was 2 mins ago. 💀 My Aabo wasn't quite the same but he still hugged me, gave me a kiss on the head and said I love you fairly regularly. He'd also play with me quite often. Catch, tickling, baiting me to come listen to important news then scream in my ear. "Hey, I'm your papa. Come here. Trust me!" 😭

It was a bit of a surprise to learn this wasn't the norm. My parents' ways made me quick to affection around others. I hug even strangers very easily. But I noticed early on that some cousins didn't like being touched. Like even a simple hand on the shoulder bothered them. I found this very weird at first but my hooyo told me to simply watch how they were with their parents. I quickly noticed they didn't hug, get kisses on the cheek or anything and it made sense. They were not used to being hugged by their own mother so of course it's weird coming from a cousin. One story that always broke my heart was a cousin who stayed with us for quite some time and then kinda got sobby and mad with his parents and said something like "Why aren't you and papa like Shimbiris' parents? You never hug me or kiss me or tell me you love me!" I've come across similar sad stories over the years.
Yh I hate people touching me, even when my parents try to hug or kiss me, after puberty i just hated it, I try my hardest to not have any physical contact with anybody. I hate people who are comfortable just touching each other, like bro are u alright?

I hate hugs aswell with anyone, I hug family if I have to, but its just a side hug kinda thing no actual proper contact, with friends we just do a handshake to a shoulder bump and thats it.

Only person I would ever hug properly would be a girl, Anyone else no thanks

Awad

عادل | جامعة الدفاع العربي

I've never once told my hooyo during childhood I love you back, mind you this started when I was around 4
Might be a future schizoid :jcoleno:

Trending