My second cousin finally got her 23andMe result

It's strange that we match approximately 3%. Siblings are 50%, grandparents and half Siblings are 25%, first cousin 12%, so I was expecting 2nd cousin around 5 to 6%. She is Sacad Muuse, sub clan adarxman sacad, sub sub clan xasan adaraxman. Maternal side Sacad Muuse as well.

1696493920769.png

1696493970656.png

1696493994890.png

Awdalite

Araabi
It's strange that we match approximately 3%. Siblings are 50%, grandparents and half Siblings are 25%, first cousin 12%, so I was expecting 2nd cousin around 5 to 6%. She is Sacad Muuse, sub clan adarxman sacad, sub sub clan xasan adaraxman. Maternal side Sacad Muuse as well.

View attachment 297137
View attachment 297138
View attachment 297139

@Garaad Awal
@Arabsiyawi

How come many Sacad Muuse score high Arab percentages. No other Somali clan has that level of Arab that I've seen other than Sacad Muuse. I have a feeling its because of their connection with the trading ports in Aden, Jeddah, Hadhramaut and inland trade like Harar etc.

What do you think?

Brother are you E-V32 or T-L208? Are all Sacad Muuse paternally Somali?
I am E-V32, majority Habar awal are E-V32. I believe sacad muuse are paternally Somali.

I was a little relieved when I saw the similarities, so I match with my cousins which is a big relief. The Arabian admixture might be from R0a1 or R0a2, its definitely from a female ancestor but I am not so sure. Using the chromosome painting, I found out that my 16% is coming a portion form my paternal and a portion from my maternal side.

I am E-V32, majority Habar awal are E-V32. I believe sacad muuse are paternally Somali.

I was a little relieved when I saw the similarities, so I match with my cousins which is a big relief. The Arabian admixture might be from R0a1 or R0a2, its definitely from a female ancestor but I am not so sure. Using the chromosome painting, I found out that my 16% is coming a portion form my paternal and a portion from my maternal side.

16% is huge. It’s like your clan absorbed few hundred Arabs 🤣

So your clan was heavily involved in trade? Are they the once that used to frequent Aden?

16.9% Western Asian & North African and 1% Central and South Asian. I am not so sure, but my clan do live in berbera, hawd, K5 regions, Djibouti and Burco. Yes we traded alot with hadharamout and aden and my grandfather had shops in Aden in the 1950s, he inherited from his father, my great grandfather.

16.9% Western Asian & North African and 1% Central and South Asian. I am not so sure, but my clan do live in berbera, hawd, K5 regions, Djibouti and Burco. Yes we traded alot with hadharamout and aden and my grandfather had shops in Aden in the 1950s, he inherited from his father, my great grandfather.
Some Yemeni intermarriages happened for sure involving both men and women. It will dilute as time goes by because the overwhelming majority of Somalis around you don’t have 16% 🤣

Some Yemeni intermarriages happened for sure involving both men and women. It will dilute as time goes by because the overwhelming majority of Somalis around you don’t have 16% 🤣
The reason is both my parents have the Yemeni or arabian mix.
1696512476510.png

1696512496275.png

As for the dilution it depends on where we live and who we mix, like if i mix with cadcad/barwani than somali will reduce further but its unlikely due to the proximity of where we live. adaraxman sacad are 2 branches aden adarxman and xasan adarxman. Aden adaraxman can be found in Djbouti, berbera and burco. xasan adaraxman can be found in hawd, k5 mainly garabidhan, and west of hargeysa to arabsiyo.

The reason is both my parents have the Yemeni or arabian mix.
View attachment 297164
View attachment 297165

As for the dilution it depends on where we live and who we mix, like if i mix with cadcad/barwani than somali will reduce further but its unlikely due to the proximity of where we live. adaraxman sacad are 2 branches aden adarxman and xasan adarxman. Aden adaraxman can be found in Djbouti, berbera and burco. xasan adaraxman can be found in hawd, k5 mainly garabidhan, and west of hargeysa to arabsiyo.

Yeah if you keep marrying within the sub clan it will stay elevated. Members of your sub clan absorbed Arabs very early on in history for it to be same level of Arabian admixture accross all it’s members.

Yeah if you keep marrying within the sub clan it will stay elevated. Members of your sub clan absorbed Arabs very early on in history for it to be same level of Arabian admixture accross all it’s members.
Very good possibility but i cant confirm yet, I am not going to jump to conclusion that all adaraxman sacad are mix with yemani.

But if the majority adarxman sacad have the MENA then it explains why it stayed elevated by marrying within the sub clan which was common back in time. So if i marry my cousin, our child will be between 12 to 14% mix. But so far only three adarxman sacad tested, the third has 5% Arabian. So the result is still biased, bigger sample is needed to reach an unbiased result.

He’s 35% Arabian on G25, he has more Arabian than even the Tigrayans & Eritreans
It could be the guy has gone through some stochastic genetic recombination of what would otherwise be a way less genetic Arabian admixture proportion. If he in several ways got 20% from both parents, that could theoretically boost it to 30% plus. Everything is not predictable.

Trending

Latest posts