My Policies For Puntland

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
This is going to be my policies for Puntland, I am waiting to see which party will begin or adopt some or all of them.

1. I want a regional sales tax executed on all general sales in the state with some exceptions such as milk n bread shouldn't be taxed

2. I want a banking policy to be declared in Puntland and an end to 'hawalas' and money transfers and begin rolling out Puntite bank cards. I want the expulsion of remittance to any abled bodied Puntite only the elderly/disabled will be given a 'remittance card' they can use to collect remittance. I don't want a dollar transferred to any able bodied puntite from the diaspora as this encourages laziness.

3. I will begin the immediate construction of an agency called 'births, marriages, death registar' that falls under the Department of Health who will provide birth and death certificates in Puntland. I want all new-borns to be registered, all new deaths registered, same with marriages. This will give us vital data to work with when assessing Puntland population Growth and Declines, it will give us statistics on what type of death puntites die from so we can begin a health policy to eradicate it. Right now they all say 'xanun ba ku soo booday' what sort of nonsense is this in the 21st century we know how people die and they're needs to be coroner investigation into all deaths in the state to determine cause of death. How can we increase our health standards with no proper documentation of our deaths.

4. Qof iyo Guri program. I want to see a housing boom in Puntland where each person has a property. The govt will work with Banks to begin supplying loans to young people to purchase a property, I will zone out land at a subsidized rate relative to one's income so this can be referred to as the new generation of puntland's new local home-owners. This program will be supported by parents or relatives asked to provide 'property collateral' to the banks so the young people can access real estate in my new subsidized local land plots. This will trigger an automatic boom for electrician, plumbers, doors, windows, bricks, nails, wooden frame producers to create more jobs in Puntland.

5. I will create a jetty port in Las Qoray-Bosaso-Qandala-Baargaal-Hafun-Eyl-Bayla-Garacad. My aim is all coastal towns need to get out there and fish. I will also ensure we bring in processing plants so we can maximise our local value chain by creating by-products from our raw resources such as vitamins-fish oil-tuna. I will ensure a coastal road is set up for these communities to transport their produce. I will also create 'refigeration' warehouses in each of those towns to ensure proper air controlled storage to limit decay. Infact I also want refigeration warehouses set up in all Major cities of Puntland so our fresh food sellers can rent out space in the warehouse for their produce. This will ensure a longer life of our products and less decay.

6. I will create a market town plan. All industrial activities such as manufacturing/construction will be given a new location outside the city center and zoned out appropriately. I will also ensure standards are set up for business people in Puntland and their residence of trading. No more will we see tin-shed businesses in our city centers, they will be asked to switch to a shop front as a bare minimum in the city center. Our market will be divided following rich-medium-poor sections and we should keep the poor traders nearer to poorer locations not in prime real estate which should be only for rich n medium businesses. Imagine seeing a tea shop in the middle of sydney central business district, it's appauling standards showing a lack of town planning.

This will be town-planning as a bare minimum. Trees, Sidewalks, Road signture, Street signs. Watch carefully from 2:20 mark. Pay close attention noting the town-plan.

Last edited:
@DR OSMAN

One of the biggest development mistakes we are witnessing right now, is this focus on building an Airport for every town. I recently saw that Qardho is getting an Airport and even Galdogob.

At least Qardho is in a region that has no Airport- Karkaar Region. Galdogob is literally 2 hours away from Galkacyo and if the road improves, will be an even quicker drive, so what's the point of this?
There needs to be a system that allocates funding to much needed development projects and that also blocks projects that make no sense such as these.

Trending