My Observations of Djibouti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the heat, the major thing that stood out while staying in Djibouti is that everyone is hustling. You got traders running from office to office to sign deals, construction workers building in 40C+ weather, even the street beggars are working hard lol

Whoever said Somalis are lazy bums haven't been to Djibouti. :obama:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Do they serve alcohol ? I have to have a glass of wine but Somalia doesn't sell the bloody stuff, they have khaat but not alcohol wtf ???

I'm going to be getting my Djibouti passport in a few days. I'm gonna go back and see if I can get some contacts from some agro exporters :westbrookswag:

Your international passport is more valueable than a Djiboutian one. Just remember that 90% of traders have accounts in low tax inshore havens like UAE and Qatar. Nobody ships internationally from Djibouti, everything is frieght forwarded to other ports.

Your better off just buying a small property in Djibouti in the near future instead of pleading for a passport.

Your international passport is more valueable than a Djiboutian one. Just remember that 90% of traders have accounts in low tax inshore havens like UAE and Qatar. Nobody ships internationally from Djibouti, everything is frieght forwarded to other ports.

Your better off just buying a small property in Djibouti in the near future instead of pleading for a passport.
Nothing wrong with having an extra passport, it really wasn't a big deal getting it anyway. At least I will now be able to enter the country visa-free.

Plus with the FTZ opening maybe it will come in handy. :manny:

Nothing wrong with having an extra passport, it really wasn't a big deal getting it anyway. At least I will now be able to enter the country visa-free.

Plus with the FTZ opening maybe it will come in handy. :manny:

Oh so you got the passport?

Brilliant! Now start those cold calls and cold emails.

Don't get upset when they reply 5 months later.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Would be the same in Somalia if we had some rule of law when it comes to business.

The heat is ridiculous though.

Status
Not open for further replies.