My friend told me he’d never want somalia to become rich

Apollo

VIP
Yeah let's be honest, slaves are not just bantu, the oromo were also slaves amongst others.

Our culture allows non bantu slaves to be become sheegatos. Not in masses ofcourse more like a trikle a time.

We sold them for millennia to who ever wanted to buy them.

That it slowed down a few generations before we were born does not mean that it did not exist or the mindset does not exist.
Why else do we have maids? They would have been slaves if the Europeans did not end it.

The slave trade Somalis did is exaggerated. Most of the nomadic clans did not have slaves.

None of my ancestors had slaves.

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
The slave trade Somalis did is exaggerated. Most of the nomadic clans did not have slaves.

None of my ancestors had slaves.

None of your modern ancestors, the futher you go back in our history, the more you will find out that they sold slaves. The superiority complex in our culture has been shaped on the fact that we the coastal somalis sold slaves. The slaves were never somali thus they must have been captured outside our lands.

We even have xeer laws that forbid the sale of a somali slave. Thus there had to be enough clans to sell slaves to create these laws.

I am not just talking about the last century, i am talking about the last thousands of years.

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
The vast vast majority of Somalis never owned slaves.

Only a few clans did and those are ironically often highly mixed with them.

I blame these cringe Somali akh-right gang that have made people believe we where the biggest Slavers in Africa.

Diaspora ambassador

VIP
I blame these cringe Somali akh-right gang that have made people believe we where the biggest Slavers in Africa.

But we did though, maybe not always in masses, however our ports have sold slaves since the old kingdom of ancient Egypt till the brits ended it.

The arabs have established a large scale slave trade network, which overshadowed the somali slave trade. Since we were both muslim we worked togheter. Before that we had our own network regarding to the slave trade.

The ancient world always traded in slaves, we are part of the ancient world since we have always traded with them.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
Somalia is for somali first anybody who wants live there must bring some sort of value to the state and be fully integrated in to somali society.

Loool, I hope Scandinavians, Brits, Dutch, Americans and Canadians settle there en masse and bring their peculiar habits and claim their rights.

Sounds familiar?
:ulyin: :pachah1:

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
But we did though, maybe not always in masses, however our ports have sold slaves since the old kingdom of ancient Egypt till the brits ended it.

The arabs have established a large scale slave trade network, which overshadowed the somali slave trade. Since we were both muslim we worked togheter. Before that we had our own network regarding to the slave trade.

The ancient world always traded in slaves, we are part of the ancient world since we have always traded with them.

Everyone participated in slavery but these social media attention seekers have made us synonymous with slavery. Maghrebis, West African/Sahelians, Egyptians, Sudanese, Swahilis put us to shame. Slavery was never a major part of our society.

Diaspora ambassador

VIP
Everyone participated in slavery but these social media attention seekers have made us synonymous with slavery. Maghrebis, West African/Sahelians, Egyptians, Sudanese, Swahilis put us to shame. Slavery was never a major part of our society.

That is true. The young generation want attention by shouting slavery they think they receive clout somehow.

All the peoples you listed must stop talking about slavery since they got enslaved aswell.

Yet it still is ingrained in the culture that they are inferior, if you knew about your history then you would have known that every single ancient port in somalia sold slaves. The first recorded documents are from the early ancient Egypt.

Ain't no laandhere clan going to accept defeat to bantus. As long as the laandhere have influence this will never happen.

idiot, laandheere clans have destrlyed this nation state

That is true. The young generation want attention by shouting slavery they think they receive clout somehow.

All the peoples you listed must stop talking about slavery since they got enslaved aswell.
It puzzles me how some idiots on social media take pride in the enslavement of other people.

Abyssinians/Habeshas & Maghrebis/Berbers were bigger en-slavers than us & yet they're not associated with slavery, since they don't boast about such things.

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP

None of these ethnicities brag about slavery unlike Somalis who made it their badge of honour on social media

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Migrants is generally a grey area for me but refugees should be allowed.
Loool, I hope Scandinavians, Brits, Dutch, Americans and Canadians settle there en masse and bring their peculiar habits and claim their rights.

Sounds familiar?
:ulyin: :pachah1:
Some of these people are just stupid, you'd think they'd look at their own situation.

Trending