My Final Post For Awhile and a Message to All Of You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
View attachment 18998

I recently left a presentation by the honourable Dr. Hersi. The 1.5 hour discussion has literally changed my life and increased my optimism and outlook for Somalia in the next 50 years. I want to briefly share this statement with you "Gobal Walba Guuley" translating to "Every Province has Won". This will be my last post for a very long time and I want to share something with you in this lonely business thread.

Most of the findings, although not new show a positive outlook on Somalias resources. The presentation started with 10 slides showcasing the drought problems and opportunities in building small dam projects to capture run offs into the ocean. Every single gobol has water underground and opportunities to reclaim run off and preserve water during difficult times. This was the most important and realistic section of the presentation because it focused on the here and now.

The next set of slides went into covering the mineral resources of Somalia and even Somaliland (yes there were Landers present). From the minerals in the Golis range of Somaliland to Qandla mountains showing promising reserves of Coal, gold, gypsum, platinum, tin, copper, zinc and other minerals. The southern range called the Buur range holds 15 trillion/m3 of iron ore and is also where the uranium fields are located. The Buur Range is plush with promising minerals and resources that will most likely become the centre of industrial manufacturing and processing in Somalia.

And then came the mother load--oil and gas. From mudug to shabeellaha dhexe and Hiiran runs the mudug range. The mudug range contains all the prerequisite sediments rock to prove the presence of oil. The mudug range is a massive beast and contains enough oil deposits to sliver Emirati eyes fill with envy. After that we covered the findings in Puntland from Nugaal and Bari that is captured by this other range who's name I forgot. We even covered Somaliland and the few Somalilanders who attended the seminar were glee with optimism because of the findings in the Berbera range and incredible resource potential of the golis range.

Dr. Hersi is a well respected professor and is one the very few in Canada that holds this specialized PHD in geology. His material was truly awe inspiring and depressing at the same time. The reason I wanted to make this my last post is because I want to let you know that every Gobol is winning. The amount of negative content, calacaal and trashing talking on this forum has lead to a disparity I cannot take any longer. Every single one of you whether you are hawiye, Darood or Isaaq have dynamic deposits in your gobols. If any of you are interested in returning home, please start with your gobol and you will be surprised by what you have. As the world gets ever so complicated around us, all we can do is sit back and learn from the mistakes of others and see what's working and not working for other countries. If Qabil is the problem stick to your gobol and start trading with your neighbours. Soon these finding will become public and it is in our interest to promote this idea of "Gobal Walba Guuley".

There's iron ore if you want to build a steel mill.
There's coal if you want to build power.
There's gypsum if you want to make dry wall.
There's tin if you want to make metal.
There's farms if you want to feed.
There's wind if you want to spin.
There's water if want to drill and capture.
And there's people hungry for knowledge and a desire to work with their hands and build industries.

I'm gone for awhile I don't when I will be back. If your focus on here is to keep pumping Qabilist content and Athiest Xoolonimo than that's your desire. I came here because there was a dusty business forum that contained the only positive content. This is truly the greatest time to be Somali and the only losers will be the self haters.

If you read this far I want to thank you. And if you're ready to pounce with Xoolonimo, just understand this at least; before anything is taken out of the ground I pray we replace with it something: bury Xoolonimo, bury Qabil, bury corruption, bury ignorance, bury arabnimo and bury our resentment of revenge. Then and only then will we be able begin.

You guys take care.
:salute:

Gobol Walba Guuley.

Comrad you will be sorely missed. Definitely one of the more entertaining posters on here!!! I agree with gobol walbo guuley, think about it when a region does something your region will do something just as good or better. The football stadiums are prime example or how mogadishu led the peace parks which are popping up around the country. We just need one region to kick-start it and it will be a domino effect of development.

So I love when I hear a region develops cause I hold that development into my regional leaders face as proof and say 'WTF' are you doing, you got proof to take to your leaders they are being useless. It's in all our benefit Somalia develops, trust me on that one. Cause why would anyone progress if there is no1 else progressing, somalis copy each other be it for good or bad so you need to take that into consideration.

Infact as of late there has been a 'wait and watch' policy with business-men around the nation on who takes the first plunge or move. Cause they feel it's safer to let another region take the first move and when they do, that region who waited now knows what to beat. It happened with the parks in Bosaso such as RAYS, MANDEEQ, etc which clearly look nicer then Mogadishu one. But since MOG took the first plunge, the next person who does it now knows what to beat. Since Hargeisa or Kismayo hasn't done it yet, they will end up having the best one in the end as they got two others to review and see what to beat. I see that sort of game being played among local business men and diaspora investors, it's a wait n see and let the other regions make the first move cuz they will know now after what to beat and how to make their project the best in the nation.

So if I am correct that Bosaso, Galkayo, Garowe should have the best football stadiums. Cause Kismayo just added tracks to theirs, cuz they knew what Mogadishu one looks like, so they will obviously make theirs better or more unique. Notice how Kismayo is trying to beat Mogs one cuz it has something to review and ADD too. That's how humans operate, they do the same thing but then add to it making theirs unique and stand out!!! So I Expect Bosaso-Galkayo-Garowe to do exactly the same but they will need to add to and beat now two stadiums and make their more unique. Logically this is how it should work but logic can be defied and things can differently but I feel logic is a safer bet to analyze things.

Last edited:
A couple gigawatts installations won't put a dent in the overall global picture.

Of course there needs to be studies on how it'll affect us in Somalia but we have plenty of uninhabited land near the major cities in Somalia.

No doubt we'll get a lot of shit from developed countries on environmental grounds but it's by far the cheapest energy source after hydro and we'd be self sufficient when it comes to raw materials.

We won't be hostage to foreign currency if we want to keep our lights on and could develop the way we want.

Hopefully we'd be able to use the energy to build wind turbines and other renewable energy generation systems.

We should be able to generate power from wind using the latest taller wind turbines at $0.05/kw.

Europeans around the North Sea are already planning a 100 GW installation there on an artificial island.

africa-wind-energy.jpg

Yeah, now that I think about it. Theres

Hydro
Solar
Wind
Gas
Nuclear
Coal

We don't have any waterfalls for hydro from what I know. The next 2 are unreliable.

Gas and nuclear require infrastructure, qualified, and diligent people to maintain and manage.

Coal would be the most reliable and have the lowest barrier to entry.

I think the right path now is to have a coal plants and renewables to supplement it just as you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.