My Family's Slave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude I read this yesterday, I felt so sad for the old lady. Asians are savages, uuffff.

:kanyehmm::kanyehmm:
She died a virgin and I'm sure regardless of her religion, she would go to heaven in Islam.
:mjcry:

Dude I read this yesterday, I felt so sad for the old lady. Asians are savages, uuffff.

:kanyehmm::kanyehmm:
She died a virgin and I'm sure regardless of her religion, she would go to heaven in Islam.
:mjcry:

It must have been hard for the son to love his mother, when he knew how horrible of a women she must have been, especially after reading through her journals and finding out that he, his siblings and Lola were only worth a few pages of her thick memoirs.

“I mean, they say you die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time.”- Bansksy

It must have been hard for the son to love his mother, when he knew how horrible of a women she must have been, especially after reading through her journals and finding out that he, his siblings and Lola were only worth a few pages of her thick memoirs.

Yeah but at any point, when they were older they could've stopped it, however they never. They never really helped her not really.

He waited until his mother died to take her away from a life of servitude. I call bullshit on his sudden sadness. I think it's guilt.
:kendrickcry:

She was illegal but gained her citizenship in the early 90's he could've freed her, he could've stood up to his mother as a grown man and demanded she be treated correctly or even sent back home.

:damn: Instead he waits when she's a few years ago from dying to take her back, when everyone she knows is either dead or long forgotten her.

Yeah but at any point, when they were older they could've stopped it, however they never. They never really helped her not really.

He waited until his mother died to take her away from a life of servitude. I call bullshit on his sudden sadness. I think it's guilt.
:kendrickcry:

She was illegal but gained her citizenship in the early 90's he could've freed her, he could've stood up to his mother as a grown man and demanded she be treated correctly or even sent back home.

:damn:

yeah he even admitted that he was complicit in this and only removed her when his mother died probably because she was the only one that was either willing or even able to look after his mother in her final years.

Its definitely guilt but at least he tried to make lola's last few years a happy one at least. His other siblings didn't give a single f*ck about her.

The world is cruel.

yeah he even admitted that he was complicit in this and only removed her when his mother died probably because she was the only one that was either willing or even able to look after his mother in her final years.

Its definitely guilt but at least he tried to make lola's last few years a happy one at least. His other siblings didn't give a single f*ck about her.

The world is cruel.

He could've done more, but I think in the end he did try to make her life pleasant.

When I read this I was on the verge of tears and such anger, it was incredible that slavery still goes on in this day and age. All this story is from well before I or you was born.

What would've you done in his position?

He could've done more, but I think in the end he did try to make her life pleasant.

When I read this I was on the verge of tears and such anger, it was incredible that slavery still goes on in this day and age. All this story is from well before I or you was born.

What would've you done in his position?

What would have I done?

mmm................

its hard to say because I'm not sure if I'd have checked out mentally about the situation and done nothing like he did or that I would have forced the mother to treat her better but then she ight jst get angrier and treat lola worse. I wouldn't get the authorities involved since that would rock the boat to say. so I'd have no real leverage.

Its hard to say what I would have done really. I'd like to think that I would do the right decision but I don't know.

What would you do??

cantspeak

Though she has been mistreated badly and painfully forced to disengage from her loved ones, nevertheless, it was a good read. Thanks.

What would have I done?

mmm................

its hard to say because I'm not sure if I'd have checked out mentally about the situation and done nothing like he did or that I would have forced the mother to treat her better but then she ight jst get angrier and treat lola worse. I wouldn't get the authorities involved since that would rock the boat to say. so I'd have no real leverage.

Its hard to say what I would have done really. I'd like to think that I would do the right decision but I don't know.

What would you do??

Yeah, when I got old enough, I would definitely demand, she was treated better regardless, if my mother got angry. I was always outspoken as a teenager and kid anyway, so I would've stood my ground regardless.

It would burn my soul to see that, just thinking about it, it seems like an impossibly sad situation, wallahi.

Especially growing up and seeing this slave being treated like a sub human,
What kind of damage does that do to a child?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending