My DNA results. I am Barawani or Wantu WaMiini

I used AncesteyDNA and according to the matches section on the app, my “relatives” have the same results. Mostly Middle Eastern and barely any Somali.

Apollo

VIP
Somali + any Middle Eastern gives misleading high Habesha sores because Habeshas carry Ancient South Semite/Yemenite ancestry.

You are a bit more Eurasian than most Benadiris.

You're Middle Eastern is too high and you also lack the embedded South Asian that all Benadiris have.

You likely are a decedent of a recent Arabian trader plus some Somali.

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
Sounds Swahili lmaooo embarrassing that tiny 5% Bantu had such a linguistic impact on them

Reer barawani speak a dialect of swahili laakin i've never heard of those word before . Ma qabil miya etc it's new to me so i was intrigued. They're not somali lineage wise but due to somali expansion they got absorbed by us. They're related closely to the swahili who inhabit the coasts of kenya, tanzania etc.

Sounds Swahili lmaooo embarrassing that tiny 5% Bantu had such a linguistic impact on them

We speak Chimwiini which was a lingua Franca that was used by traders in the city of Barawa, overtime it became the main language of the people living there. We speak Somali and real Swahili also.

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
The literal translation of “Wantu WaMiini” is “People of Miini”. But what it really means is people who speak Chimwiini.

Thanks for the explanation as i thought it was the name of sub clan/tribe among the barawani.