My dark Berber/Donatist Victorian Gothic Lolita outfit I put together today

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
Well, a couple of the bangles I’m wearing are Somali because most of the Amazigh jewelry I own is silver. Two of them are Tuareg brass bracelets. I used a caftan as the base with black Victorian petticoat . The headdress is a mixture of a Spanish Catholic mandala veil and coin belly dancer. My corset is decorated with the Tuareg cross tanaghilt. The centre of the cross represents God and since Muslims believe we are one with God, mankind shares that central spot. The four arms of the cross are to keep evil at bay and this cross is worn as a protective amulet. Whilst the Tuareg Cross is not supposed to represent Christianity (nor Islam) it is probably based on the Christian cross. Before the arrival of Islam, Berbers were Christian and very familiar with Christian art.
E32ADF20-6F88-4951-8AE5-98A7361F34C2.jpeg
05A1BB64-1FB6-4362-B4B7-955C54B8F9C9.jpeg
0F40E005-CF8E-43B0-AF03-A9AE20AAB694.jpeg
41A8DEAD-558F-4E73-BB53-640999CBC113.jpeg
10AF4074-8142-4B77-8423-D2DC60E3011E.jpeg
FDF9EBAB-8B5C-4CB2-8A9B-EEA81E366145.jpeg

Tuareg crosses are cool to look at. I wish that someone could make some interesting gender neutral metalwork symbols for Somalis to wear.

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
Are you Christian no hate either just wanted to know :friendhug:
Yes, but the version of Christianity I follow and my dad’s family practices, Donatism is considered heresy by mainstream Christians. It also has a lot of similarities to Islam. For example: Growing up, we have to go church on Wednesday and Sunday. Lent and Ramadan have a lot of things in common, too. You have to pray at least three times a day. There’s more of focus on God and saints than Jesus. My dad kinda treated Jesus similar to Buddha . In fact, Donatism influenced Islam in Africa. But other forms of Christianity aren’t for me and I rather commit seppuku then becoming Jewish. It just feels wrong, very wrong.

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
@486th President Donatists opposed state interference in church affairs, and, through the peasant warriors called Circumcellions, they had a program of social revolution combined with eschatological hopes. The main beliefs on my faith: Martyrdom following a life of penance was the goal of the religiously minded Donatist. After Christians regained power from the pagans during the Middle Ages, we believed that those who obeyed the state rather than become martyrs should not be allowed to hold church offices, and that included Felix.
Many of these same north African Christians did not want to allow lapsed clergy (i.e. those who’d renounced their faith) to return. They considered it offensive to the memories of those who’d had the courage to become martyrs by not doing so. They might return to the Church as laymen — after an appropriate penance — but not as clergy ever again
Also, the sacrament of confession became an individual one, private between priest and penitent, among the Catholics, but among Donatists it was a public rite, in which the penitent confessed his/her sins before the entire congregation. (And yes, I actually had to have confession to the our whole chruch, Welp)

@486th President Donatists opposed state interference in church affairs, and, through the peasant warriors called Circumcellions, they had a program of social revolution combined with eschatological hopes. The main beliefs on my faith: Martyrdom following a life of penance was the goal of the religiously minded Donatist. After Christians regained power from the pagans during the Middle Ages, we believed that those who obeyed the state rather than become martyrs should not be allowed to hold church offices, and that included Felix.
Many of these same north African Christians did not want to allow lapsed clergy (i.e. those who’d renounced their faith) to return. They considered it offensive to the memories of those who’d had the courage to become martyrs by not doing so. They might return to the Church as laymen — after an appropriate penance — but not as clergy ever again
Also, the sacrament of confession became an individual one, private between priest and penitent, among the Catholics, but among Donatists it was a public rite, in which the penitent confessed his/her sins before the entire congregation. (And yes, I actually had to have confession to the our whole chruch, Welp)
What are the rules of Donatism

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
What are the rules of Donatism
One principles of the Donatists was their desire for martyrdom. Donatus taught that death for the “cause,” even death by suicide, was holy and merited a martyr’s crown and eternal life. They did their best to incite Catholics and pagans to kill them. When their provocations failed, they sometimes took their own lives, a favored method being to leap from high cliffs with the cry “Deo laudes!!”, which means God be praised in Latin. It’s kinda like a fusion between Berber nationalism, Catholicism and Islam. Yeah, my family didn’t get along with the other Christians at all. Note my Berber family were living in Georgia during the 1930. Certainly, Catholicism makes up 2 percent of the state population’s religion. Apparently, their crazy sand negro asses annoyed/scared both white and black enough to unite to kick them out.

One principles of the Donatists was their desire for martyrdom. Donatus taught that death for the “cause,” even death by suicide, was holy and merited a martyr’s crown and eternal life. They did their best to incite Catholics and pagans to kill them. When their provocations failed, they sometimes took their own lives, a favored method being to leap from high cliffs with the cry “Deo laudes!!”, which means God be praised in Latin. It’s kinda like a fusion between Berber nationalism, Catholicism and Islam. Yeah, my family didn’t get along with the other Christians at all. Note my Berber family were living in Georgia during the 1930. Certainly, Catholicism makes up 2 percent of the state population’s religion. Apparently, their crazy sand negro asses annoyed/scared both white and black enough to unite to kick them out.
What’s the population of the religion

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
What’s the population of the religion
In Georgia and the rest of the south in USA is mainly Baptist Christians. The only southern state with a substantial Catholic population is I think Louisiana. Hell, Catholicism isn’t really popular for blacks in general, especially in North America. The only ones I think are Haitians. I guess, you count Afro-Latinos, but it’s still very different from our version of Catholicism . Most African Christians I’ve met were Protestants, Methodist , or Orthodox. African Americans are usually Baptist or Jehovah Witness. 95 percent of the AAs I do run into that are Catholic converted as a kid only to into their schools for a better education.
Strangely enough, a lot of white nationalists HATE Catholics and was/is on the KKK’s shit list. It was a huge deal when JFK became President because of he was Catholic. This is what they posted about my grandma’s people in Georgia . I saw this about 10 years and couldn’t find again until someone posted this on this forum
FF81940E-0C9D-4B8C-933B-ACE137B8150B.png

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
Now, my maadow side practices an eclectic Christians with various West African and Native American paganism/animalism influences. It’s Haitian Christianity but switch Baptist and Protestant for Catholicism. Or how Mexicans incorporated a lot of Aztec and Mayan spirituality in their version of it. Fortune telling and psychics are huge there. My dad thought it was voodoo and evil.

Trending