Genetics My 23andme Results

Apollo

Staff Member
Your Ethio-Eritrean is too high for a pure ethnic Somali, also your MENA is way too high.

Seems like you got a Yemeni or some kind of Arab in your bloodline.

Your Neanderthal is also on the high end, definitely looks like recent Arab blood.

Your Ethio-Eritrean is too high for a pure ethnic Somali, also your MENA is way too high.

Seems like you got a Yemeni or some kind of Arab in your bloodline.

Your Neanderthal is also on the high end, definitely looks like recent Arab blood.
I understand.

Apollo

Staff Member
I knew I had Yemeni in me but 13.7% Ethiopian and Eritrean!?!!? Help me make sense of this, please? lmao
There is an algorithmic issue with the Ethio-Eritrean component. Somalis who are mixed with Yemenis get too high scores of the Ethio-Eritrean component as Somali+Arabian genes combined resembles the Ethio-Eritrean component and the algorithim is too dumb to distinguish between the two.

Upload and post your https://www.wegene.com/en/ result. They don't have Habeshas in their database, only Somalis, Bantus, and Arabs.. a better tool to gauge admixture in Somalis.

There is an algorithmic issue with the Ethio-Eritrean component. Somalis who are mixed with Yemenis get too high scores of the Ethio-Eritrean component as Somali+Arabian genes combined resembles the Ethio-Eritrean component and the algorithim is too dumb to distinguish between the two.

Upload and post your https://www.wegene.com/en/ result. They don't have Habeshas in their database, only Somalis, Bantus, and Arabs.. a better tool to gauge admixture in Somalis.
Yh. I remember you once said something like that.

I will upload it.

Apollo

Staff Member
@The alchemist. Are you reer Xamar caad caad?
Benadiris (that minority group) got lots of South Asian (as in from Pakistan/India) and always score some Bantu (from Swahili people).

It doesn't look like he is part Benadiri.

PS. The Benaadir province thing is wrong as loads and loads of Somalis were born in Mogadishu before the civil war and they all fill in that as their home region even if they are not tribally/ethnically from there.

Trending

Latest posts