Muslim Somali model Halima Aden has been selected as one of the top '100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2021'

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Somali supermodel Halima Aden comes third in TC Candler '100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2021'4
whatsapp sharing button

TheNewArab.jpg

Thursday December 30, 2021
20211230637764527685946668.jpg

Muslim Somali model Halima Aden has been selected as one of the top '100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2021' by TC Candler on their 32nd annual independent critics list released on Tuesday.

Aden - the first hijab-wearing supermodel - placed third on the world-famous list, published every year since 1990.

The list is decided upon by writer TC Candler and The Independent Critics, "a diverse group of approximately 20 people living in various parts of the world", according to their website.

The critics listen to the millions of suggestions submitted by the public to "put together a list representative of the modern ideal of worldwide beauty".

"The 100 Most Beautiful Faces List is not a popularity contest... the list attempts to inform & broaden public opinion, instead of reflecting it," TC Candler and the critics say, adding that its diversity relies on public suggestions "from almost every corner of the globe".

"Aesthetic perfection is only one of the criteria. Grace, elegance, originality, daring, passion, class, poise, joy, promise, hope… they are all embodied in a beautiful face," they add.
Thai singer Lalisa Manobal, a member of K-pop girl group Blackpink, topped the 2021 list. Israeli actress Gal Gadot, who has links to the Israeli Army, placed fifteenth.

Previous winners include Nicole Kidman in 2001, Lindsay Lohan in 2004, and Emma Watson in 2011.

The critics claim the list has more annual views than lists People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful, Maxim's Hot 100, FHM's 100 Sexiest Women and K-Pop 4 Life's Bias Wars, combined.

Aden decided to retire from modelling in November 2020, saying the industry pressured her into compromising her religious beliefs.

However, the world-class beauty made a return to the industry in September this year and was named a global ambassador for modest fashion brand Modanisa.

"It's incredible to represent Muslim women but in a way that's also... you know, you're not conforming in order to fit in," she said in an interview with Good Morning America.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Good for her but didn't she quit the modeling industry?
I think she is thinking of whether to fully stop modeling and indulge in other profitable businesness but failed to decide on what so she still had her leg in the modeling gig.

Ever thought of modeling? I would pay a week's pay for a bare arch of a Gudabiirsi gazelle like you :wow1: I am pretty sure you look better than this average Absame Halimo with the four burn marks around her mouth.:mjkkk:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I think she is thinking of whether to fully stop modeling and indulge in other profitable businesness but failed to decide on what so she still had her leg in the modeling gig.

Ever thought of modeling? I would pay a week's pay for a bare arch of a Gudabiirsi gazelle like you :wow1: I am pretty sure you look better than this average Absame Halimo with the four burn marks around her mouth.:mjkkk:

You don't have to bring down a group of Halimos to praise another. :mahubowtf:

However, modeling is a career with a short life. And I would be considered much to old for entrance. My father forbade it when I was young believing it to be an exploitive business that seeks to financially or physically take advantage of young girls. It was even seedier back in the day than it is today. I think even Halimo Aden discussed that there were indeed sharks in the business.

Trending