More mosques need recreational actitivies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
when I was a kid my friends father would just drop me and my friendboff at the masjid every weekend before asr. We stayed there until Isha. All we did was hoop and pray. Since the masjid had a basketball some basketball hoops in the parking lot. A lot of the somali kids(back than there wasn't that many Somalis in Dallas at the time) that lived in my area met up there every weekend and just hooped together. The masjid later invested into actually building a court.

My siblings don't have anything like this though. (They live in a Washington not Texas)the masjids they go to have no recreational activities.They don't do anything on the weekends and don't even go to the masjids besides for lectures and jummah prayer.

I plan on donating or funding activities like these in the future. Make the masjid a hang out spot for the youth like it was for me.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
One masjid near me had an indoor court and actually had karate lessons taught there.

People usually are lazy to donate to a masjid too. They understand the impact it can do for the Muslim community

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Lick_logo.jpg

Mosques are for prayers only, not for entertainment. Mosques are not even open for the poor and homeless to sleep in. Your plan won't work.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Mosques are for prayers only, not for entertainment. Mosques are not even open for the poor and homeless to sleep in. Your plan won't work.
Than those mosques would be boring to kids. Not many kids Would actually like going to the masjid if it was just for prayer only.

If you Kept kids around the masjid than you would have them more of them taking their deen seriously. More of the youth would prayer more often too. The days we were there we prayed every prayer when we were hooping at the masjid. Even attended the lecture as well.

Than those mosques would be boring to kids. Not many kids Would actually like going to the masjid if it was just for prayer only.

If you Kept kids around the masjid than you would have them more of them taking their deen seriously. More of the youth would prayer more often too. The days we were there we prayed every prayer when we were hooping at the masjid. Even attended the lecture as well.

https://www.minnpost.com/new-americ...american-muslims-minnesota-arent-going-mosque

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
This really helps my point.

The mosque I mentioned before with the indoor court is packed with Asians that attended them. They ain't worrying about having low mosque attendance.cause people are actually engaging with the youth there and are giving them actitivites to do.

They all have noticed the NBA fans in the Somali community, how come they ain't make some courts at the masjids in those communities?

Attract the kids

It's better that kids go and use the athletic facilities of community centers.
The mosque is for the worship and dhikr of Allah, not for running around with a ball like a monkey. wa billahi tawfiq

This really helps my point.

The mosque I mentioned before with the indoor court is packed with Asians that attended them. They ain't worrying about having low mosque attendance.cause people are actually engaging with the youth there and are giving them actitivites to do.

They all have noticed the NBA fans in the Somali community, how come they ain't make some courts at the masjids in those communities?

Attract the kids

Even the gaalo make church fun for the youth with their mission trips or organized events like camping and such. Mosques don’t give a shit about youth tbh.

Love this. It's quite common where I live but then again there are a lot of muslims here. OP you seem so passionate - why don't you do something about it? Maybe do a fundraiser and start off small. You will get ajar from it.

I see you are redeeming yourself from yesterday's shitty ordeal.

SumMo

very lowkey
Growing up, I think I went to the masjid only twice a year.. and it was to celebrate eid. I don’t know whether or not they had activities for children.
:ayaanswag:

when I was a kid my friends father would just drop me and my friendboff at the masjid every weekend before asr. We stayed there until Isha. All we did was hoop and pray. Since the masjid had a basketball some basketball hoops in the parking lot. A lot of the somali kids(back than there wasn't that many Somalis in Dallas at the time) that lived in my area met up there every weekend and just hooped together. The masjid later invested into actually building a court.

My siblings don't have anything like this though. (They live in a Washington not Texas)the masjids they go to have no recreational activities.They don't do anything on the weekends and don't even go to the masjids besides for lectures and jummah prayer.

I plan on donating or funding activities like these in the future. Make the masjid a hang out spot for the youth like it was for me.

Uh maps in Redmond exists they have a basketball court and hold these events for the youth
https://www.mapsredmond.org/what-we-do/youth-activities/
Check it out and maybe consider taking your siblings here

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Even the gaalo make church fun for the youth with their mission trips or organized events like camping and such. Mosques don’t give a shit about youth tbh.
My nigga the church that was close to my high school was funding for an indoor skate park. The rich white folk were just pouring in money for the youth.

NotAjnabi

Somalilander

True, we used to play soccer in the parking lot of a mosque after salat, sometimes even before salat, was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending