Mogadishu Pictures & Videos

lol these are better than your average uk house, never thought I would see such house in somalia masha'allah. Who would be living in them? In hargeisa theres a problem where similar houses are built but left inhabited by people abroad.
Yeah the homes are beautiful. I'm not sure but people usually rent if theyre outside the country, I doubt a house would be left empty.

lol these are better than your average uk house, never thought I would see such house in somalia masha'allah. Who would be living in them? In hargeisa theres a problem where similar houses are built but left inhabited by people abroad.
They're gov built villas. It'd be sad if they weren't better than average UK homes lol.

They're gov built villas. It'd be sad if they weren't better than average UK homes lol.

gov built or not, the architecture exceeds my standards for ugly somali buildings that look like child painted them. its rare to see a somali home that looks nice both interior and exterior wise.
was also exaggerating a bit lol, maybe they're better than the average uk home that considers my wallet size, but if they're very expensive relative to other homes then theyre just as trash as here tbh

91696F4E-2BA9-4991-B4EF-32CAF034C285.jpeg
4B554000-16BC-4730-A06C-1A6A5CA1E407.jpeg

Exactly. Who gives af about villas lol. Starving people and a famine is about to occur and these xolos wanna build plastic villas.
:faysalwtf:

Somalis have a real problem and obsession with opulence and the image of prosperity and affluence, or at least the illusion of these things. Different cities are in competition with each other to look the most well off, so villas and hotels are built everywhere when not needed, and infrastructure and basic needs are ignored. Places like Japan didn't build skyscrapers on top of the rubble it was reduced to in the 50s, it built roads, homes, reliable food and water sources etc. first.

(hopefully this tangent isnt too negative for this development thread lol)

Trending