EEBvqTWW4AU1y5d

It will be home to current Somalia National team;

ELaGe5jWoAEXVhd

ELMDSAbX0AM2Yp1

ELaGe5jWkAAULLk

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
That's not a 65,000 seat stadium. It was 35,000 without seats so expect it to get smaller.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
I have read 65k, maybe an extension of some sort?
It was never 65k. If you've been in a +40k stadium you could see the difference instantly. Not to trigger you but look at the one under construction in Addis Ababa at 60k.

Awdalia Rising

SSpot Special Correspondent
Its a renovation of the old Olympic stadium, so yeah it has look of that era of design.

Why can’t it be renovated to look modern? That’s the whole point of renovation unless it’s a historical place you are trying to keep looking the same, but this is not that.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Why can’t it be renovated to look modern? That’s the whole point of renovation unless it’s a historical place you are trying to keep looking the same, but this is not that.

Probably to keep costs down, all of this is donor funded from Norway and Xamar businesses.

Now that they have debt relief, and can access major infrastructure loans I would expect upcoming stadiums to be of modern design.

Mashallah.
I love this stadium, I am gonna visit it in the future hopefully.
The fact that it is the biggest in East Africa makes me insanely happy.

Also according to Wikipedia it will be the 6th biggest Stadium in Africa

Last edited:

Awdalia Rising

SSpot Special Correspondent
Probably to keep costs down, all of this is donor funded from Norway and Xamar businesses.

Now that they have debt relief, and can access major infrastructure loans I would expect upcoming stadiums to be of modern design.

Debt relief has not been guaranteed Somalia has been put on a 3 year review period . They basically kicked the can down the road if Somalia is still failed state they will extend it further

Trending

Latest posts