Mogadishu Beach: Stolen Sand?

For a while now I have found Liido beach to look weird, I finally figured it out.. it looks like a lot of sand has gone missing and these developers are building too close to the sea.

This is all thanks to greedy developers and no city planning..I also fear Mogadishu has fallen victim to sand theft!

Sand is not infinite and it is used for construction, read here about criminals stealing sand from beaches-

Thieves in Jamaica have embarrassed police and triggered a political row by stealing a beach - and making a clean getaway.

Hundreds of tonnes of white sand vanished from a planned resort on the island's north coast in July but three months later there is no sign of suspects nor sand.

An estimated 500 truck-loads of sand were removed from the Coral Spring beach in Trelawny and were believed to have been sold to rival resorts, a hefty logistical feat which has stumped police.

wow now when you point it out it do look bizzare

People walk on Liido beach as if it is a sidewalk.. it's not supposed to be easy to walk on a beach as it is meant to covered by sand!

mogadishu.jpg