MENTAL HEALTH AWARNESS - Habeeb Mental Hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys there’s this page I follow on Instagram that shares stories about mental health in Somalia. https://www.instagram.com/somaliforgottenminds.

The hospital that they are building is called Habeeb Mental Hospital as a Doctor Habeeb runs it.
Apparently Somalia has the highest rate of Mental illness in the world! One third of Somalia’s population suffer from mental illness. :oh6b81q:
Check through the insta account there’s some heartbreaking stories.

Here’s the link to donate it’s a non-profit -
https://www.gofundme.com/habeeb-mental-hospital-in-mogadishu

I follow them too and most of the patient's there have been through such traumtic stuff, like being tied to a chain for yrs and yrs..

May Allah SWT reward Dr Habeeb, his staff, those who volunteer and those who donate..if I remember correctly they have a new hospital facility now

I follow them too and most of the patient's there have been through such traumtic stuff, like being tied to a chain for yrs and yrs..

May Allah SWT reward Dr Habeeb, his staff, those who volunteer and those who donate..if I remember correctly they have a new hospital facility now

Honestly it’s so sad.. Its shocking that a third of our people are suffering but understandable. Many have PTSD from the war that’s been untreated too :kendrickcry:

Oh really that’s great. A lot of people have donated and they’re getting more popular.

Ameen sis :2tjlv3e:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Hi guys there’s this page I follow on Instagram that shares stories about mental health in Somalia. https://www.instagram.com/somaliforgottenminds.

The hospital that they are building is called Habeeb Mental Hospital as a Doctor Habeeb runs it.
Apparently Somalia has the highest rate of Mental illness in the world! One third of Somalia’s population suffer from mental illness. :oh6b81q:
Check through the insta account there’s some heartbreaking stories.

Here’s the link to donate it’s a non-profit -
https://www.gofundme.com/habeeb-mental-hospital-in-mogadishu

The real mental illness is actually reality itself and if they realize that those who are ill, they can start afresh and see reality differently even when considered all well. They enter a reality that is totally unexplainable and when they come out of it, there is a huge shock and a-lot cant get past it. It really depends on the person, but I would sympathize with them, trust me it can break the strongest when u dont trust yourself anymore.

Honestly it’s so sad.. Its shocking that a third of our people are suffering but understandable. Many have PTSD from the war that’s been untreated.

Oh really that’s great. A lot of people have donated and they’re getting more popular.

Ameen sis :2tjlv3e:

Ameen sis, our people back home are sadly extremely ignorant when it comes to mental health and I think more educational programs should be set up. People back home mistake most common mental illnesses with jins and stuff and so the person suffering with the illness isn't having his/her needs met

The real mental illness is actually reality itself and if they realize that those who are ill, they can start afresh and see reality differently even when considered all well. They enter a reality that is totally unexplainable and when they come out of it, there is a huge shock and a-lot cant get past it. It really depends on the person, but I would sympathize with them, trust me it can break the strongest when u dont trust yourself anymore.

That’s true walaal. I can’t imagine what they are going through and not belived on top of that with no help. :yloezpe:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
It's unexplainable I would assume their experience, when u go from normal experience to surreal experience that no word or rationality can explain, they realize that everything they knew up until then is useless and begin self-doubting themselves due to others saying your not well while they actually experiencing their surreal unexplainable existence. That's where the self doubt comes from for them they see or hear things and people saying its not real and it becomes a conflict for them and you start to see the side-effect from that struggle of real and not real and it can manifest itself in many ways.

But one thing I do know, it's either can swallow you in and u live ur life wonderin what the hell happened or u move on and realize life isn't as challenging as that so it actually becomes a some-what reality check that this is easy word and that one is hard world but that's if u even recover which may not happen because it leaves a shock on u that even if u do recover ur stuck wondering about it and u cant move on from it, it's like a violation of sort.

If there still alive that is amazing feat in itself especially when it becomes to the point you lost control and no longer in control of yourself or what's around you, once it gets there, there is not much more to live for.

Evidently you need to be admitted to his hospital.

Ameen sis, our people back home are sadly extremely ignorant when it comes to mental health and I think more educational programs should be set up. People back home mistake most common mental illnesses with jins and stuff and so the person suffering with the illness isn't having his/her needs met

So true ignorance is rife in Somali communities. It’s so stressful that they think it’s all jinns :bell:you’re right education is key wallahi. I think people that do want to help don’t know what to do so it’s really important what dr habeeb is doing m’A

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Evidently you need to be admitted to his hospital.

Nah I am OK, but you should not dismiss things that you don't experience. Just cause you can't smell the distance of a dog, doesn't mean it's not true the smell. Just cause u can't see at night, dont mean a lion can't. We do experience different realities, why else do we have dreams and stuff like that but the person who is mentally ill is in actual dream state while in reality, it's a dream where he isn't sleeping anymore but aware of it.

It's unexplainable I would assume their experience, when u go from normal experience to surreal experience that no word or rationality can explain, they realize that everything they knew up until then is useless and begin self-doubting themselves due to others saying your not well while they actually experiencing their surreal unexplainable existence. That's where the self doubt comes from for them they see or hear things and people saying its not real and it becomes a conflict for them and you start to see the side-effect from that struggle of real and not real and it can manifest itself in many ways.

But one thing I do know, it's either can swallow you in and u live ur life wonderin what the hell happened or u move on and realize life isn't as challenging as that so it actually becomes a some-what reality check that this is easy word and that one is hard world but that's if u even recover which may not happen because it leaves a shock on u that even if u do recover ur stuck wondering about it and u cant move on from it, it's like a violation of sort.

If there still alive that is amazing feat in itself especially when it becomes to the point you lost control and no longer in control of yourself or what's around you, once it gets there, there is not much more to live for.

Wow you seem to be very knowledgeable.

Our people are struggling :mjcry:

Wow you seem to be very knowledgeable.

Our people are struggling :mjcry:

Congratulations, you’ve just reopened the Pandora’s box. Queue ten more pages of ‘insights’.

I heard somewhere if you read his work enough you’ll also lose your marbles. You’ve been warned.

Catwoman

I don't want to derail the topic but it's in relation to mental helath..so there's this girl I know, she was talking to a guy for 10 months, liked him a great deal and they spoke about marriage..few weeks later, she was having a conversation with his friend (they became friends too) and he disclosed some confidential info about his friend..he said he was mentally unwell for like 2 yrs, a few yrs ago. He swore her to not ever tell him that he told her

So the question I ask you is this, do you think someone who has over come a mental health condition should disclose this info to the person who they're getting to know. And do you think what his friend did was right?

By the way, in the end..the guy sussed that something was wrong, he saw changes in her behaviour and told her the truth about his mental health in the past, she decided not to marry him

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I think alot of the problem comes from external factors especially people who are saying your sick or mentally unwell and the person is like nah this is real and thru that begins that conflict of real and not real. If you let them be, some of it is actually a good phase and enjoyable when you see them but it turns ugly later on and it's cause you begin to inject doubt into them and then begins the battle of what their seeing or hearing is real or not. It then gets worse after and not better and eventually gets to stage you do lose control, literally and you dont actually feel you are in control anymore of anything even your pissing or shitting.

That's the scariest part I think for them and if it wasn't for medications, euthanasia is a good option now, noone should have to endure that stage of mental illness, u just want to go to sleep because being awake is no longer bearable, how can it be bearable you dont even control yourself or anything around you. From that I actually noticed death does does bring some sort of peace and end, you realize it's not as bad as some other options like losing control of yourself and feeling nothing around you is within your control. Why do you think their screaming and shit, cause they want too its cause their not in control sxb and once u lose control it is over.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
If you see them mumbling or talking to themselves, their still in control of the situation, they probably trying to explore and deal with it. It's when u see them running around either in tears some turn to tears, some to anger, the way it manifest itself is different but at that stage they lost control, and that's what cause it so dont look at the symtom reassure them their in control, I think also at that last stage it's the end point it's like your in a maze and u finally got to the end point and ur stuck at that point and ur going in circles around that end point and u actually visually see it like where u feel where-ever u go its not going to help cause ur at the end point. Pacing back n forth is indicative this individual is at the end point, i swear to god because he doesnt feel its useful anymore doing anything else or moving anywhere else because its all the same and he will keep back in that pattern. End point isnt some fancy word at all, you actually see it visually, you dont care where u go its all the same visually. A good test is put him in different roooms and if he doing the same pacing up and down, thats it he at the end point and he dont wanna admit it. He is no longer in control this person and beware at all times even if he dont see dangerous. I just know why he is pacing he is in the maze visually and has nowhere to go but up n down and thats all he sees regardless if the visual surrounding looks different. Something really needs to be done at this point, something will happen sooner or later as he has reached the end of the maze and has nowhere to go anymore. Death is calling at this stage and is very serious because he wants to get out but cant.

But there is one stage worse then this and I havent seen it but I can imagine it can have that effect those who just go mute, because no reasoning or rationality is gonna work, now if they went mute. The visual hallucination must be terrible those ones, u dont go silent sxb for nothing. I can imagine the brain will shut down after unbearable shock. Because the ones who die or kill themselves or just get put into a sleep is one stage before these guys, THEY ENDED IT ON THEIR TERMS. This guy sitting there has been captured its not his terms. I assume most are just seeing it at a distance it hasnt captured it, your seeing it but it hasn't consumed u like those mute guys. The big indicator is their not fighting if ur still fighting in some way, its not yet consumed u. If there is any movement be it body or exploring it, yelling at it, crying, or whatever the fight is still on its not over, but if their just sitting there its clear its over and they won on THEIR TERMS, u didnt even end it or commit suicide they ended u. It's logic really their not going anywhere the hallucinations and your not moving, an outcome occurred and its showing clearly your not moving.

Last edited:

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
The founder of this mental facility needs to institutionalized. I find him to be missing some screws in his head. I've watched a lot of documentaries about the guy. I hope I'm wrong but I think he himself has gone completely mental

Status
Not open for further replies.