Memorizing the whole Quran

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Time to fully commit guys, in honor of it being a year since the Reading the whole Quran thread being open I wanted to make this thread.

I have read the Quran with tafsir twice in the past year, during my lunch breaks at work. Now its time to memorize it all Insha'Allah. :wow:

I have started in the last month doing 10 ayats a day, and have so far completed up to Surah AlFajr.:win:

:yousmart:Lets do this together, join me in becoming a full Haafth,
and lets keep track and update our memorization totals together in this thread.:yacadiim:

Brothers and Sisters lets get all these blessings from Allah:feedme::rejoice:

Time to fully commit guys, in honor of it being a year since the Reading the whole Quran thread being open I wanted to make this thread.

I have read the Quran with tafsir twice in the past year, during my lunch breaks at work. Now its time to memorize it all Insha'Allah. :wow:

I have started in the last month doing 10 ayats a day, and have so far completed up to Surah AlFajr.:win:

and lets keep track and update our memorization totals together in this thread.:yacadiim:

That is quite impressive, are you re-learning or learning for the first time?

I memorized it till Surat al-mu'minun but never bothered with tafsir.

I'm now reading tafsir too, ironic how leaving the religion made it that much interesting.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
That is quite impressive, are you re-learning or learning for the first time?

I memorized it till Surat al-mu'minun but never bothered with tafsir.

I'm now reading tafsir too, ironic how leaving the religion made it that much interesting.

The first Juz, I am re-learning from my duxi days as a child.:mjhaps:

But every Juz after that will be new memorization for me

Well done you!:) You're consistent and that is the hardest part over with IMO.

Wardheere

Qolana Janno qolana naar

I memorized Al fajr this week too.
By the end of the weekend i am expecting to memeorize at Tariq and Al buruj.

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
Alright, count me in.:cool:

I've memorized 5 juz so far, but I think need to go back to the first 2 juz, it has been a while since I read them..

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Alright, count me in.:cool:

I've memorized 5 juz so far, but I think need to go back to the first 2 juz, it has been a while since I read them..

Nice, keep us updated in this thread:salute:

I memorized Al fajr this week too.
By the end of the weekend i am expecting to memeorize at Tariq and Al buruj.

Nice work, a nice tip I have been using to keep track of what I have memorized so far is to recite everything new you memorize in your salaat. It helps with concentration plus its practice:denzelnigga:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Completed memorizing Surah 88 Al Ghashiya(The Overwhelming),
the march to complete this first Juz continues:wow:

One tip I benefited from tremendously is to listen to only one reciter. Make sure you like the reciter, and more importantly make sure to choose a reciter that follows the rules of Tajweed. As Somalis we have our own top reciter: Sh C/rashid sh Cali suufi. Beautiful and correct recitation.

You will, if you listen often enough, recall the exact way he recited, where he stopped and where he started etc. I used to make use of the time on my way to and from school. Till this very day I recite in the same style and pace he recited, stopping and starting the way he did etc, because the recitation has stuck in my mind, and later my tounge.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Alhamdulilaah, I'm Hafiz. I read one Hizb every morning after Fajr prayer. O Allah, I'm grateful to whatever favours You have bestowed upon me

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
One tip I benefited from tremendously is to listen to only one reciter. Make sure you like the reciter, and more importantly make sure to choose a reciter that follows the rules of Tajweed. As Somalis we have our own top reciter: Sh C/rashid sh Cali suufi. Beautiful and correct recitation.

You will, if you listen often enough, recall the exact way he recited, where he stopped and where he started etc. I used to make use of the time on my way to and from school. Till this very day I recite in the same style and pace he recited, stopping and starting the way he did etc, because the recitation has stuck in my mind, and later my tounge.

^Thanks, I will try and do this and listen on my commutes to and from work.

Alhamdulilaah, I'm Hafiz. I read one Hizb every morning after Fajr prayer. O Allah, I'm grateful to whatever favours You have bestowed upon me

Masha'Allah, good work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending