Member states to get 45% in offshore revenue-FGS/FMS pact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farm

VIP
Offshore-Drilling-780x405.jpg

The Federal Government will get 55% of oil revenue from offshore drilling while the Federal Member States will have 45% to be shared between the oil producing and non-oil producing states, an agreement by the two levels of government presented to parliament reads.

The agreement submitted to the Lower House last week notes that the states where offshore drilling is done shall get 25% of the revenue while the specific district hosting the oil wells gets 10%. A further 10% will be shared among states where the oil is not produced.

In the event of onshore drilling (drilling under the earth’s surface as opposed to underneath the seabed in offshore drilling), the Federal Government shall be allocated 30% of the revenue while the producing FMS and the hosting districts earn 30% and 20% respectively. The non-producing states shall be entitled to 20% of the revenue.

Other revenue streams include royalty which shall be divided in 40-60% basis with the FMS getting the bigger share in a similar version as signing bonus. The local community within the oil producing state will get 30% development support while the hosting district will go with the lion share (70%).

Revenue from license fees shall be shared on a 50-50 basis between the Federal Government and the Federal Member States.

SPA
Somali Petroleum Authority (SPA) will be responsible for licensing, monitoring and enforcement of the petroleum rules and regulations. The Petroleum Bill which went through second reading last week also envisages the formation of Somali National Oil Company (SONOC) which shall be a joint venture between the Federal and State governments.

The agreement dated June 5, 2018 and signed by all the Federal Member State leaders and Banaadir Governor and Prime Minister Hassan Khaire on behalf of the Federal Government came out of the Baidoa meeting last year.

It is not however clear which aspects of the Bill in the just concluded Garowe talks were to be addressed since there seems to have been an agreement already especially on revenue sharing.

Jubbaland and Puntland dismissed the Bill last week noting they had not been consulted.

https://goobjoog.com/english/member-states-to-get-45-in-offshore-revenue-fgs-fms-pact/

they should give some to somaliland as well. They are part of the country and welcoming them is how you keep them.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Remember that Allah SWA blesses and takes away, the discovery of oil is not 100% and some of u guys are already upset on the “ifs”. It could very well be that ur clan regions might come up empty while next door might come up with plenty. I am glad that there’s an agreement where everyone benefits. Assuming that again, discovery is made. :)

Remember that Allah SWA blesses and takes away, the discovery of oil is not 100% and some of u guys are already upset on the “ifs”. It could very well be that ur clan regions might come up empty while next door might come up with plenty. I am glad that there’s an agreement where everyone benefits. Assuming that again, discovery is made. :)
:westbrookwtf::westbrookwtf::westbrookwtf: discovery is made?????

Somalia Has Oil..there is no "IF"

Last edited:

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
:westbrookwtf::westbrookwtf::westbrookwtf: discovery is made?????

Somalia Has Oil..

Brother, I hope so but let us make sure it’s 100%, right now the data collected so far looks good but nothing is ever certain until there’s tangible prove. Inshallah there’s enough resources in our country to lift us from poverty into a rich and generous nation :)

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Which offshore blocks are they talking about?

Kezira

disneylanders
I would say each state gets 12%

Puntland 12%
Jubaland 12%
SWS 12%
Galmudug 12%
Hirshabelle 12%
12% Reserved for Somaliland(in case Somaliland rejects the share it will be redistributed among Federal states or distributed to Awdal State and Khaatumo)

that leaves 30% for Banadir which is the capital and needs boosting for Somalia really to recover

wawenka

Guul Ama Geeri
@Jiron you're a smart dude

jubaland and puntland will share oil money with hawiye regions, the hawiye regions and marehans in galgauud will used the money to attack us,

eley will also use the money to build more suicide bombers to send to jubaland and putnalnd,

jubaland and puntland have the most potential for oil, so in a reality and if we chat real politik xamar, fgs, hawiye and maybe even marehan will sue the money to attack us

hence why we should keep it 90/10 10% to fgs, or 80/20 worst case scenario

and ideally let xamar give her share to the non oil states,

remmebr the civil war in somalia is not over in the mined of many central reer somali, it aint over until they exterinate daroods and marehan sadly will be used to kill their own cousins as they work for hawiye

so lets starve the fgs of as much money as possible as we all know there is no fgs,

recently i heard a hawiye threatening to ecterminate jubaland and puntland, who are they? waa Ogaden adn Mj, the only two who really stand up for darood affairs

also OG and MJ waa the only doqomo who die and care about somali issues, have yall noticed how we bend over backwards for somalinimo/ daroodnimo

sorry, just dont trust marehan or hawiye with our oil money

remember in jubaland the oil money comes from oil in badade and ras kamboni just in case some are thinking it comes from gedo , marehans half of gedo,

never ever will i trust central somalis with oil money, they will eat us alive

in an ideal world, we give xamar zero, zilch, nada, sufur, or we control how they sue that money in case it falls under hawiye warlords who will sue it to buy weapons

keep in mine, the west will sell weapons to any shaytan with money,

Puntland 12%
Jubaland 12%
SWS 12%
Galmudug 12%
Hirshabelle 12%
12% Reserved for Somaliland(in case Somaliland rejects the share it will be redistributed among Federal states or distributed to Awdal State and Khaatumo)

that leaves 30% for Banadir which is the capital and needs boosting for Somalia really to recover

so the oil that will most likely 1005 come from puntland and jubaland will give 30% to xamar and almost 3 times less to the areas it comes from?

dream on son,

Tukraq

VIP

Puntland 12%
Jubaland 12%
SWS 12%
Galmudug 12%
Hirshabelle 12%

Dumbest idea I’ve ever heard, only the states with oil should get oil revenue but they should split it with the fgs who can do what they want with it:bell: we’re talking about what that split should be, i think 80/20 to the states, states should get it proportional to the oil they give, if your state has no oil than tough luck maybe the fgs spends some of it revenue on you:manny: but you don’t get a split, SL will get nothing as their not contributing any oil

jubaland and puntland will share oil money with hawiye regions, the hawiye regions and marehans in galgauud will used the money to attack us,

eley will also use the money to build more suicide bombers to send to jubaland and putnalnd,

jubaland and puntland have the most potential for oil, so in a reality and if we chat real politik xamar, fgs, hawiye and maybe even marehan will sue the money to attack us

hence why we should keep it 90/10 10% to fgs, or 80/20 worst case scenario

and ideally let xamar give her share to the non oil states,

remmebr the civil war in somalia is not over in the mined of many central reer somali, it aint over until they exterinate daroods and marehan sadly will be used to kill their own cousins as they work for hawiye

so lets starve the fgs of as much money as possible as we all know there is no fgs,

recently i heard a hawiye threatening to ecterminate jubaland and puntland, who are they? waa Ogaden adn Mj, the only two who really stand up for darood affairs

also OG and MJ waa the only doqomo who die and care about somali issues, have yall noticed how we bend over backwards for somalinimo/ daroodnimo

sorry, just dont trust marehan or hawiye with our oil money

remember in jubaland the oil money comes from oil in badade and ras kamboni just in case some are thinking it comes from gedo , marehans half of gedo,

never ever will i trust central somalis with oil money, they will eat us alive

in an ideal world, we give xamar zero, zilch, nada, sufur, or we control how they sue that money in case it falls under hawiye warlords who will sue it to buy weapons

keep in mine, the west will sell weapons to any shaytan with money,

Waryaa keep Hawiye out of your mouth. Are you trying to equate a Sub-clan like OG or MX and MJ to Hawiye? And you speak like every Hawiye is After your dusty tuulo. Its been almost 30 years and Hawiye boogey man still terrorises ur cuqdad ridden mind.
When has sellout OG ever done anything for Soomalinimo? The only OG I respect are those who live in kilil 5 fighting the qotis and Xabash. Rest of you are ***** useless. While you babble about JL which behaves like its extension of NFD. The only Hawiyes you share border are Degodia, Garre, Ajuuraan and Gaaljecel and none of them is Hawiye by blood but allegiance. The only one you fight with is HG. So keep your filthy mouth out of Hawiye this and Hawiye that. Abgaals have never fought OG, Wadalaan had never fought OG Silcis has never fought OG etc, and majority of Hawiye yar yars.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Waryaa keep Hawiye out of your mouth. Are you trying to equate a Sub-clan like OG or MX and MJ to Hawiye? And you speak like every Hawiye is After your dusty tuulo. Its been almost 30 years and Hawiye boogey man still terrorises ur cuqdad ridden mind.
When has sellout OG ever done anything for Soomalinimo? The only OG I respect are those who live in kilil 5 fighting the qotis and Xabash. Rest of you are ***** useless. While you babble about JL which behaves like its extension of NFD. The only Hawiyes you share border are Degodia, Garre, Ajuuraan and Gaaljecel and none of them is Hawiye by blood but allegiance. The only one you fight with is HG. So keep your filthy mouth out of Hawiye this and Hawiye that. Abgaals have never fought OG, Wadalaan had never fought OG Silcis has never fought OG etc, and majority of Hawiye yar yars.

Are you Abgaal sxb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending