Medical benefits of weed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marijuana slows and stops cancer cells from spreading.

Prevents Alzheimer’s.

Treats Glaucoma.

Relieves Arthritis.

Controls Epileptic seizure.

Eases the pain of multiple sclerosis.

Soothes tremors for people with Parkinson’s disease.

Helps with Crohn’s disease.

Decreases the symptoms of Dravet’s Syndrome.

Lessens side effects from treating Hepatitis C, and increases treatment effectiveness.

Decreases anxiety.

Improves symptoms of Lupus, an autoimmune disorder.

Protects brain after a stroke.

Controls other types of muscle spasms.

Treats inflammatary bowel diseases.

Helps eliminate nightmares.

Protects the brain from concussion, and trauma.

Marijuana slows and stops cancer cells from spreading.

Prevents Alzheimer’s.

Treats Glaucoma.

Relieves Arthritis.

Controls Epileptic seizure.

Eases the pain of multiple sclerosis.

Soothes tremors for people with Parkinson’s disease.

Helps with Crohn’s disease.

Decreases the symptoms of Dravet’s Syndrome.

Lessens side effects from treating Hepatitis C, and increases treatment effectiveness.

Decreases anxiety.

Improves symptoms of Lupus, an autoimmune disorder.

Protects brain after a stroke.

Controls other types of muscle spasms.

Treats inflammatary bowel diseases.

Helps eliminate nightmares.

Protects the brain from concussion, and trauma.
Is it the same substance that is on the streets for a couple bucks? Surely it's not.

Yeah bro blaze up.
I don't think you get it. Not one of those so called benefits is in the marijuana being sold on the streets.

What is Weed?
Marijuana (Weed) is a mixture of the dried and shredded leaves, stems, seeds, and flowers of Cannabis sativa—the hemp plant.

Of the more than 500 chemicals in marijuana, delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, known as THC, is responsible for many of the drug’s psychotropic (mind-altering) effects. It’s this chemical that changes brain activity, distorting how the mind perceives the world.

How does it affect the brain?
When marijuana is smoked or vaporized, its effects begin almost immediately and can last from 1 to 3 hours. Decision making, concentration, and memory can suffer for days after use, especially in regular users.

Long-term, regular use of marijuana—starting in the teen years—may impair brain development and lower IQ, meaning the brain may not reach its full potential.

Can you die?
It is very unlikely for a person to overdose and die from marijuana use. However, people can and do injure themselves and die because of marijuana’s effects on judgment, perception, and coordination, for example, when driving under the influence of the drug.

People can experience extreme anxiety (panic attacks), agitation, aggression, suicidal thoughts or psychotic reactions (where they lose touch with reality and may become paranoid).

Is weed addictive?
Yes, marijuana can be addictive. A user may feel the urge to smoke marijuana again and again to re-create the “high.” Repeated use could lead to addiction—which means the person has trouble controlling their drug use and often cannot stop even though they want to.

An estimated 30 percent of users may develop some degree of problem use—use that causes problems with a person’s health, school, or other aspects of life, also known as a marijuana use disorder.

Myths & Facts
Smoking marijuana leads to some changes in the brain similar to those caused by cocaine, heroin and alcohol. Here are a few more facts.

“It is a natural plant…so it can’t be that bad.”

Sure, it can’t directly kill you – but that doesn’t mean that pot is risk-free. Regular marijuana use has been shown to be associated with long-term problems, including poor academic performance, memory loss and lung cancer. To a developing brain, like those of teenagers, marijuana can be especially toxic — using pot can lead to panic attacks, depression and other mental health problems, not to mention increased anxiety.

“Driving while high is safer than driving drunk.”

Hardly. In a study reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, even a moderate dose of marijuana was shown to impair driving performance, since it affects alertness, concentration, perception coordination and reaction time – essential skills required for safe driving. Researchers also found that 17% (1 in 5) of crash victims under the age of 18 tested positive for marijuana.

“I Can Smoke Pot and Still Get Straight A’s”

Hey, anything is possible – but there has been a lot of research done that states the opposite. Researchers have found that heavy marijuana use may be especially problematic during teens’ peak learning years, when the brain is still developing, since smoking pot can impair your ability to concentrate and retain information. This can cause poor academic performance. You might think you’re doing well in school – but you’ll never know if smoking pot is inhibiting your true academic potential.

Weed is harmless?

Large population studies show that the younger you start and the higher amount of weed used will increase your risk of developing psychosis. People who use marijuana while using alcohol, cocaine or other drugs could be at greater risk from overdosing from those drugs.

Become addicted

1 in 2 heavy users will develop a dependance on marijuana. That’s 50%!

50% MORE toxins

A joint contains 50 per cent more cancer-causing toxins than cigarettes.

Research

What the research shows:

ARTICLE #1: http://weedmyths.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Wilkinson_2016_CB-public-health.pdf
ARTICLE #2: http://weedmyths.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Filloux_2015_cb-for-pediatric-epilepsy.pdf
ARTICLE #3: http://weedmyths.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/EvaluationOfDriversInRelationToPerSeReport.pdf
ARTICLE #4: http://weedmyths.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Ammerman_2015_tech-report-cb-and-youth.pdf

For information regarding the health effects of marijuana, please contact your physician or the Nova Scotia Early Psychosis Program.

Copied from: http://weedmyths.ca/#Weed

Some of us don't know that cannabis has a good effect in our life, some think its just a drug that you may feel high as you want, but it's wrong. Because i am one of the people who prove that cannabis helps me in many ways like for medical purpose. I used CBD oil for my legs for how many months now because i have sprain when i play basketball last January. And i know not only me who used this there are a lot of people out there that can prove that marijuana has good benefits. Just read this and you may know more about it https://www.worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com/blogs/marijuana-news/marijuana-the-best-solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending