• This website is being maintained/upgraded and may have some downtime or errors. Report any problems to the admin.

Medellin's 23&Me Results

Warsangeli's seems to have a lot of sheegato's. R is not a Somali haplogroup. Seems like your folks were Indians or Turks who were assimilated.
I recently had a talk with a warsan odey and asked him why they have many sheegatos. He answered me that minorities who used to pay blood money with them and aid in times of war got incorporated into Warsangeli.

Plo_Koon

❇Geeljire of the Cosmos❇
My guy has a white grandpa :drakelaugh:
probably of Persian or Anatolian ancestry.

I have an Ayrab great great awoowe , J1 :ayaanswag:
Not surprising results. Sultan (Garaad Mohamud Ali Shire) was also Indian with Somali mum.

You can tell from this picture he has Indian adxmiture.

That's bullcrap, where did you get that ?
He was reer Garaad , he came from a long line of Garaads , his mom might been ogayslabe,."some people say they are of indian origin. "

Apollo

Staff Member
Not surprising results. Sultan (Garaad Mohamud Ali Shire) was also Indian with Somali mum.

You can tell from this picture he has Indian adxmiture.

Is that even true? Sounds like fake news to me. If he had an Indian father he would not be Warsangeli. Clan membership is passed down through the father.

I know a Warsangeli who is subclan-wise closesly related to their royal subclan and he scored the Somali E version.

Bohol

I ❤️Sanaag
Staff Member
Is that even true? Sounds like fake news to me. If he had an Indian father he would not be Warsangeli. Clan membership is passed down through the father.

I know a Warsangeli who is subclan-wise closesly related to their royal subclan and he scored the Somali E version.

Nah it is true (it is common knowledge among northerners). Mohamud Ali Shire wasn't Somali but Indian with Somali mum, however his step father Ali Shire was Somali.

Apollo

Staff Member
Nah it is true (it is common knowledge among northerners). Mohamud Ali Shire wasn't Somali but Indian with Somali, however his step father Ali Shire was Somali.
WTF? Hmm, interesting, so he claims to be Warsangeli or not? Because then he isn't. And how could Warsans allow themselves to be cuckolded by an outsider MALE into their royal family. I have my doubts. It seems like a slur against him.

Bohol

I ❤️Sanaag
Staff Member
WTF? Hmm, interesting, so he claims to be Warsangeli or not? Because then he isn't. And how could Warsans allow themselves to be cuckolded by an outsider into their royal family. I have my doubts. It seems like a slur against him.
Laasqoray was the seat of diverse people (lots of Indian fishermen in the past). They were absorbed into the local community and some became to be known as Ugaaslabe.

Look at that Indian hair. It is easy to tell a Somali from a Indian/or someone with Indian admixture.
upload_2020-2-20_15-46-9.png

Apollo

Staff Member
Laasqoray was the seat of diverse people (lots of Indians). They were absorbed and some became to be known as Ugaaslabe.

Look at that Indian hair. It is easy to tell a Somali from a Indian/or someone with Indian admixture.
View attachment 95168

To be honest, I have seen some weird paternal lineages in Warsangelis (J and R), but I have never seen Indian autosomal results in them so far.

However, I have seen 3-4% South Asian autosomal in a few SLers from Zeila.

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
Must be an Indian/Turk who was trading with Somalis during the Warsangeli Sultanate who has assimilated.
The Warsangeli sultanate was not a thing; the myth goes back to the Goebbels of the Kacaan regime - Idaajaa. Don't squeeze in historical revisionism.
Laasqoray was the seat of diverse people (lots of Indian fishermen in the past). They were absorbed into the local community and some became to be known as Ugaaslabe.

View attachment 95168

The Northern coast is very diverse as it is. There's a subclan called Reer Dood of Indian origin that confederated with us Maxamed Abokar.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
Staff Member

View attachment 95168

I know a Samaroon guy with that type of hair lol does that men’s he’s Hindi? :drakelaugh:And no he ain’t a dark skin with soft hair.:pachah1:

WTF? Hmm, interesting, so he claims to be Warsangeli or not? Because then he isn't. And how could Warsans allow themselves to be cuckolded by an outsider MALE into their royal family. I have my doubts. It seems like a slur against him.
Its all just hearsay bs. Its simply a personal attack on Mohamud Ali Shire because they think he doesn't look like a "typical Somali".

View attachment 95168

he looks like farmaajo and farmaajo is not warsangeli but marexaan so does that mean farmaajo is Indian

Here are my 23&me results. Majerteen mother & Warsangeli father. Paternal Haplogroup R-P25_1, Maternal Haplogroup N1. Looked at some of my other relatives results and realized the Ethiopian & Eritrean is from my mother’s side and the trace ancestry is from my father’s. I also had 104 Neanderthal variants which is more than anyone I’m related to according to the app.
Mudug
:rejoice:

Latest posts