Meaning of these Somali words

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
nah, Mayd doesn’t mean dead muslim it just means corpse/carcass of a human in general. Bakhti is for dead animals. Most Somalis are muslims so when do they even differentiate between mayd and bakhti for gaals and muslims? In that case they’d be using mayd on almost all somalis and never get to use Bakhti on a human.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
nah, Mayd doesn’t mean dead muslim it just means corpse/carcass of a human in general. Bakhti is for dead animals. Most Somalis are muslims so when do they even differentiate between mayd and bakhti for gaals and muslims? In that case they’d be using mayd on almost all somalis and never get to use Bakhti on a human.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Bakhti is an insult for living people. No one insults a dead person with "bakhti" unless they really hate them. So that still doesn't make sense. I'm just asking how you can make this difference, did you hear someone call a dead gaal a "bakhti" then hear someone call a dead muslim "mayd"? How do you know it wasnt a coincidence and they just happened to be using it interchangeably?

Trending