Mawlid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Taraawiix a good bidca?
Taraweex was done at the time of the Prophet SAW, and he himself performed it. The Sahaba followed suit.

The Prophet didn't celebrate his birthday neither did he instruct others to. The Sahaba didn't celebrate his birthday after his passing.

For your information Tarawix was started by the Prophet himself and he stopped out of fear that it would be made obligatory on the people. When he passed Umar the best of the companians after Abu Bakr revived it.

The Prophet said in an authentic hadith. “The Jews split up into seventy-one sects, the Christians split up into seventy-two sects and this Ummah will split up into seventy-three sects; all of them are in the Fire except one.” Someone asked: “Which is that one O Messenger of Allah? salalahu alayhi wa salam. He replied: “Whoever is upon that which I am upon today and my companions."

We are permitted to follow the companions as anything they did was from the Sunnah.

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
I think I listened to a lecture not while ago about the Prophet saw used to pray tarweeh individually instead of leading or
Praying with a group of people because he didn't want to make tarweeh obligatory since taraweeh is Sunna not fard.

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
Magan why are you lying?.

Sayyiduna Umar (RA) as recorded by Imam Shafi' instructed that Taraweeh be done every night and in congregation, and when he was walking by the Masjid seeing everyone praying he said "What a good bid'ah this is!"

Don't make blatant lies about there being no concepts of a good bid'ah and a bad bid'ah.

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
I have to double post this as people might not read my initial post. Please read regarding using tusbax like things to read adhkar in this case it was little stones.

‘What are you doing?’ They said, ‘O Abu Abdur-Rahamn, (these are) stones that we count our Takbir, Tahil, tasbih, and Tah’mid (Alhumdu’lillah).’ Ibn Masood said, ‘Count your evil deeds, for I guarantee that none of your good deeds will be lost. What is the matter with you, O nation of Muhammad? How soon you come to your destruction! The companions (of Muhammad) are still many, these are his clothes still not worn out and his cookware did not break yet. By whom my soul is in His Hands, you are either following a religion better than Muhammad’s or followers of a way of evil.’ They said, ‘By Allah, O Abu Abdur-Rahman, we sought only what is good.’ Ibn Masood said, ‘Many people seek good, but they do not reach it. The Messenger told us some people who read the Qur’an will not have the Qur’an leave their throats (to their hearts). By Allah I do not know if most of you are from them.’ Then he left them. Amr Ibn Salamah said, ‘We saw most of those people fighting against us, in the battle of Nahrawan with the Khawarij.’" (Tirmidhi)

Okay since you decided to quote the opening Du'a that the Prophet (saw) often recited and most speakers recite today, " Wa kullu muhdathatin bid'a, wa kullu bid'atin dhalaalah, wa kullu dhalaalatil fil-nar"
You and anti_social specifically first need to understand what you're saying before I carry on.
You are indirectly accusing the Ummah from Senegal to the Islands of Indonesia of committing Shirk, and Bid'a Madhluumah, since the Prophet said every newly invented thing is in Hell, you are indirectly saying that the majority of the Ummah are heading to Jaheem (just reminding you of what you and you're ilk are actually saying).

Before I go deep into this, you must understand that there is a concept of Bid'a Mahmoodatan, and Bid'ah Madhluumatan, and there are even hadiths from the six Sunni books of Hadith to confirm this.

Imam Shaf'i (R.A) who lived in the time of the Salaf, who was a student of Imam Malik, and Imam Malik
was a student of Nafi', and Nafi' was a student of Abdullah ibn Umar, and Abdullah ibn Umar was a student
of the Prophet (SAW). This Imam Shafi', said regarding the Prophet's words:

Imaam Shaafi’s (رحمه الله) understanding of the hadeeth “Every innovation is misguidance [Kulla Bid’ah dalaalah] is enough to demonstrate this point. He said:

“There are two types of Innovation [bid’ah]: the praiseworthy and the blameworthy. Whatever is accordance with the Sunnah is praiseworthy and whatever vies with it is blameworthy…The new matters are of two: Whatever differs with the book of Allah, the Sunnah, the Athaar, or the Ijmaa’a, then that is an innovation of misguidance [bid’at ul-Dalaalah] and whatever new matter from amongst that which is good and does not differ with anything from that [Qur’an, Sunnah, Athaar, Ijmaa’a] then it is a new matter that is not blameworthy”

ibn 'Abdul Salam who was a renowned Shaf'i faqih and scholar (died in the 1200s) also said in his Qawaa'id:

“Innovation is of five types:

1. Al-Waajibah: Such as the study of ‘Arabic syntax which helps to understand the speech of Allah and His Messenger because the preservation of the Shari’ah is obligatory [waajib] and nothing comes to us except by that being from the foremost rank of the waajib. Such is the much needed explanation of what is difficult to understand, the codification of the science of Fiqh [Usul ul-Fiqh] and working to distinguish between the authentic and rejected traditions.
  2. Al-Muharramah: Whatever opposes the Sunnah such as the false innovated beliefs introduced by the Qadariyah, Murji’ah, and the Mushaabihah [and any other astray sect that has innovated something into the creed]
  3. Al-Mandub: Every excellent goodness that was not established during the lifetime of the Holy Prophet [for example], the gathering for the Taraweeh prayers, the building of schools, spiritual retreats, speeches regarding the praiseworthy aspects of tassawuf… and anything else done purely seeking the Face of Allah.
  4. Al-Mubah: Such as the shaking of hands after the Fajr and ‘Asr prayers, having an abundance of assorted foods, drinks, clothes, and a wide house…
  5. However some of the mentioned Mubah things can also fall into the 5th category which is disliked [Makruh] or even not preferred [Khilaaf ul-Awlaa]”

Ibn Al-Jawzi in his book Tablees Ibless

“Bid’ah…refers to something which did not exist and was then invented. And, in most cases, innovations conflict with divine law by implying a need for human additions or deletions. Even an invented practice which did not contradict the Sharee’ah or imply any change was disliked by the majority of early scholars. They used to avoid any innovation, even though some types were allowable…It is thus, clear that that the early generation of Muslims cautiously avoided all innovations which even had the remotest connection to the religion for fear of changing the religion to the slightest degree. However, there were some new practices which did not contradict the Sharee’ah or change it; these practices were allowed”

There are several Bid'ahs today in our Islam that you should all know. Your alarm clock waking you up for Fajr is bid'ah upon bid'ah. The decorated Masaahif (Qur'an covers) are bid'ah upon bid'ah. The minarets are bid'ah upon bid'ah. Speakers used to increase the volume of the adhan are bid'ah upon bid'ah. Reading Qur'an through an app on your phone is bid'ah upon bid'ah. But these are Bid'ah Mahmoodatan, they are in line with the Sunnah.

Even the scholar that all of the anti-Mawlid bid'ah yelling english speaking kids respect the most, that is Ibn Taymiyyah (RH) said regarding the Mawlid:

Imam Ibn Taymiyya's (opinion about Mawlid from: "the Collected Fatwas," ("Majma' Fatawi Ibn Taymiyya,") Vol. 23, p. 163: "fa-t'adheem al-Mawlid wat-tikhaadhuhu mawsiman qad yaf'alahu ba'ad an-naasi wa yakunu lahu feehi ajra `adheem lihusni qasdihi t'adheemihi li-Rasulillahi, salla-Allahu `alayhi wa sallam"

"To celebrate and to honor the birth of the Prophet (s) and to take it as an honored season, as some of the people are doing, is good and in it there is a great reward, because of their good intentions in honoring the Prophet (s)."

Ibn Al-Qayim Al Jawziyyah (RH) a famous scholar and a student of Ibn Taymiyya (RH) for his many books said about the Mawlid:

on page 498 of "Madarij as-Salikin,"

"Listening to a good voice celebrating the birthday of the Prophet (s) or celebrating any of the holy days in our history gives peace to the heart, and gives the listener light from the Prophet (s) to his heart, and he will drink more from the Muhammadan spring (`ayn al-Muhammadiyya)."

The link that anti-social posted from IslamQA has a english translation of the following hadith:

Madow ibn 'Abdullaah al-Bajali (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: "The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: 'Whoever starts a good thing and is followed by others, will have his own reward and a reward equal to that of those who follow him, without it detracting from their reward in any way. Whoever starts a bad thing and is followed by others, will bear the burden of his own sin and a burden equal to that of those who follow him, without it detracting from their burden in any way.'" (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, no. 2675. He said, This is a saheeh hasan hadeeth)

It seems something sinister and deliberate was done here by the Saudi scholar Salih Al Munajjid who runs this website,

the arabic says: "Man Sunnatun fil-Islami Sunnatul Hasanun, fa lahu ajruha.."

That is " Whoever begins a new Sunnah in ISLAM, then belongs to such a person the ajar" not "Whoever starts a good thing" it seems they deliberately translated it in this way in order to validify their claim, when in fact their claim stands on a soft foundation due to them altering translations in the first place.

The mawlid is a good sunnah as the prophet just stated, he (the prophet) made 'Aqeeqah for himself when he was 40 and was honored with apostleship. He also gave this reason for fasting on Monday, " It was the day in which I was born" giving importance to his birth. We also have references to verses in the Qur'an where Allah mentions the births of Prophets with the words "Salaam", however I know this might not be enough for you, Magan, and you might persist on declaring us, the majority of the Ummah as practitioners of Bid'ah Dhalalah, that will lead us, the majority of the Ummah into hell right?

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
-Continued

I'm sure you all know Imam Jalaluddin Suyuti the Shafi' scholar and author of the famous "Tafsir Jalalayn" used by millions today along with Tafsir ibn Kathir, and Tafsir Al-Qurtubi.

He said:

Hafidh as-Suyutiyy authored a treatise in support of the Mawlid. He called it Husn Al-Maqsad Fi ^Amal Al-Mawlid (The Good Endeavor of Celebrating the Mawlid).

In this book he replied to a question regarding the judgment of celebrating the Mawlid during the month of Rabi^ al-Awwal, and whether such practice is praised, dispraised, rewardable, or non-rewardable. His reply was: “I see the basis of the celebration, i.e., gathering the people, reciting Qur’an, narrating the story of the Mawlid and the wondrous signs accompanying it, offering food for people to eat --after which they leave--to be a good innovation. That is, it is rewardable for the one who does it, because it involves aggrandizing the status of the Prophet and it reflects one’s delight about the honorable birth of the Prophet. The first to innovate celebrating the Mawlid was the King of Irbil, the Mudhaffar, Abu Sa^id Kukbiriyy Ibn Zayn ad-Din ^Aliyy Ibn Buktakin. He was one of the glorious, grand, and generous kings with many good traces. He is the one who built the Mudhaffariyy Mosque on the pinnacle of Mount Qasiyun.”

As support for his pro-Mawlid stance, Al Suyuti (RH) makes reference to the Prince of Hadith and the author of Fath ul Bari, one of the most famous hadith commentaries.

“The basis for celebrating the Mawlid is an innovation that was not reported about any of the pious scholars who lived during the first three hundred years after the immigration of the Prophet (as-Salaf as-Salih). Even so, this celebration has merits and disadvantages. As such, the one who is keen to observe implementing the merits and avoiding the disadvantages during the celebration is performing a good innovation, otherwise one is not. (Ibn Hajar said) I found solid grounds for celebrating the Mawlid in the hadith of the Prophet reported by al-Bukhariyy and Muslim in their Sahihs:

<< إن النبى قدم المدينة فوجد اليهود يصومون يوم عاشوراء فسألهم فقالوا: هو يوم أغرق الله فيه فرعون ونجى موسى فنحن نصومه شكرًا لله تعالى فقال النبى أنا احق منكم بموسى فصامه وأمر بصيامه >>

This narration was also reported by Ibn Majah, Malik in his Muwatta’, and Ahmad Ibn Hanbal in his Musnad. It reports that the Prophet came to Madinah and found the Jews fasting the tenth day of Muharram. When he inquired about the reason, the Jews said, “This is the day on which Allah drowned Pharaoh and rescued Musa. We fast it every year to be thankful to Allah.” The Prophet said, “I am more deserving of Musa than you are,” and he fasted this day and ordered the Muslims to fast it also.

“From this incident, we benefit in understanding the permissibility of doing something on a specific day to show our thanks to Allah for an endowment that He bestowed upon us or a hardship he removed from us. Moreover, it shows the permissibility of repeating that action every year on that specific day. What reflect our thanking to Allah can be various acts of worship such as praying, fasting, giving charity, or reciting Qur’an. On what day do we find a grace or an endowment greater than the emergence of the Prophet, the Prophet of Mercy?”

Wallahi anti-social and Magan, it's safe for you to just not partake in the Mawlid, but to call it shirk and Bid'ah, after these giants that I've quoted, is to spout nothing but ignorance. As for my final proof, it is the Ummah itself.

The prophet (saw) said " My Ummah will never unite upon Dhalaalah"

The anti-Mawlidi would declare those who celebrate the Mawlid of comitting Dhalaalah, and those who celebrate the Mawlid are the vast majority of the Ummah, the 'Aamma and not the Khassa. Thus, the very words of the Prophet declaring that his Ummah in the general sense will not unite upon misguidance is a proof that what the Ummah was united upon and is now united upon (the Mawlid) is far from it (dhalaalah) and Allah only accepts that which is good for the Ummah.

I've quoted Ibn Taymiyya (RH), Ibn Qayyim (RH), Imam Shafi (RA), Imam Abdus Salam (RH), Imam Suyuti (RH) and there are many more that I could quote but I just wanted to point the idiocy of declaring "There is no such thing as a good bid'ah", do you set yourself up against men of the Salaf such as Imam Shafi' who said that there was indeed good bid'ah? It's safe for you to accept your wrongs and if you really hate the Mawlid, do not speak ill of us (the Ummah), there is no compulsion of you to partake in it.

P.S

أن إبليس رن أربع رنات حين لعن وحين أهبط وحين ولد رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم وحين أنزلت الفاتحة
Translation: Iblis cried loudly four times, first when Allah declared him as cursed, second when he was thrown out,Third When Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasalam) was born and fourth when Surah al-Fatiha was revealed [Ibn Kathir in Al Bidayah wan-Nihayah, Volume No. 2, Page No. 166]

So to those who are in a bad mood on the day on which Muhammad (saw) was born due to the fact that it is the day in which the Prophet was born, they are following sunnatul iblis wal 'iyadu billah.

@Zayd First those quotes of Ibn Qayyim & Ibn Taymiyyah sound fabricated and I highly they're true. I won't go back and forth with you as I am a jaahil and I don't want to create confusion. One thing I will say is, the majority is never proof. So if majority of Muslims are practicing this bidah it does not make it permissible.

If you really want to learn more I would suggest reading these series of articles, you can find the first part here: http://www.bidah.com/articles/ezaqa-the-notion-of-bidah-hasan-good-innovation-destroyed-part-1.cfm

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
@Zayd First those quotes of Ibn Qayyim & Ibn Taymiyyah sound fabricated and I highly they're true. I won't go back and forth with you as I am a jaahil and I don't want to create confusion. One thing I will say is, the majority is never proof. So if majority of Muslims are practicing this bidah it does not make it permissible.

If you really want to learn more I would suggest reading these series of articles, you can find the first part here: http://www.bidah.com/articles/ezaqa-the-notion-of-bidah-hasan-good-innovation-destroyed-part-1.cfm

How can you claim something is fabricated without bringing proof of your claims?

So you are calling the Prophet a liar (ma'adallah) and saying that you know more when he said " My Ummah will NEVER unite upon misguidance" ???

You are placing yourself in a dangerous position Magan!

You bypass all of the proofs I brought forth and you respond with an article by a graduate from the University of Medina. Wow, subhanallah, the author of that piece knows more regarding this than the likes of Imam Shafi'i.. get your priorities straight and pick your scholars wisely.

People like you claim to be of the Salaf but brush the Salaf (Imam Shafi') for the likes of a graduate of the University of Medina.. I'm done.:drakewtf:

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
This is why I said I won't go back and forth. Bro please refrain from saying things like this so casually.

This is my last post in this thread.

Why are you fleeing? You said " Majority isn't a proof" when the Prophet said " My Ummah will never unite upon misguidance" in Sahih Bukhari.
The Ummah united upon the Mawlid for 9 centuries, you are openly saying it is a misguidance and therefore you are also saying the Ummah is upon misguidance, this goes against what the Prophet said.

The prophet also said in Sahih Bukhari " I do not fear you will commit shirk after me, rather I fear you will divide amongst yourselves".

Magan, seriously reconsider your position. May the curse of Allah be upon the one who has lied against the Prophet, and the curse of the Prophet and the Prophets, and all of mankind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending