Marrying your first cousin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
I consider all of my male cousins first cousin, second cousin all of them like my brothers. I can't imagine even thinking about them. I don't understand how people marry their cousins!

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
The best human ever created married his cousin. You dont have to follow that particular sunnah but dont go calling it disgusting etc.
Its not a sunnah. You don't get rewarded for it, it was just an action of the prophet saw in his lifetime with no religious meaning.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
1st cousin is impossible, they're like siblings. But marrying a cousin is a different story, i think it depends how close you guys are both in blood and socially.

Vision

If its on mainstream media, don't believe it
Its not a sunnah. You don't get rewarded for it, it was just an action of the prophet saw in his lifetime with no religious meaning.

Everything the prophet did is sunnah except what he specifically mentions not to do

Vision

If its on mainstream media, don't believe it
Linguistically yes, but im talking about what is considered a sunnah in our religion, something recommended by our prophet saw such as growing the beard.

Your saying only what he recommended but your wrong. What he said (and recommended) and what he did (actions) are sunnah except that which he specifically said not to do

RudeBoi

Feel my D in her abs call me Abdi
Marrying a Somali of the same clan or from different clans that live in a certain area is basically marrying a cousin.

So a Northern Harti marrying an HJ/HY = Inbreed child

Somalis need to mix with other folks(males only Ofcourse) in order to keep our Genepool healthy.Whether it's Oromo,Yemeni,Syrian,Indian or Amhara women.

Marrying a Somali of the same clan or from different clans that live in a certain area is basically marrying a cousin.

So a Northern Harti marrying an HJ/HY = Inbreed child

Somalis need to mix with other folks(males only Ofcourse) in order to keep our Genepool healthy.Whether it's Oromo,Yemeni,Syrian,Indian or Amhara women.
Bs my son most Hj Hy have a Dhulbahante grandmother.

angrycat

not so sad after all
I don't find it that weird but you might have some genetic disease gene or something and it's best to marry away from your relatives so you have more diversity

maestro

Cultural revolution
Don't marry your first cousins!! Just one generation of cousin marriage and the kids will be completely deformed and not normal. It messes with people's genes and brings out deadly traits that were buried inside your DNA. For the sake of your grandkids don't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.