Marrying your first cousin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
So in most Somali households parents or relatives give you marriage prospects but I was taken back when a relative suggested I should marry my first cousin :faysalwtf:

and than he throws in she comes from a poor family you would do her a favour by marrying her:drakewtf:

To me its just weird marrying cousin especially one you grew up with :vqbuyv0:

besides I would never marry a girl from back home due to compatibility And being raised different

Would you ever marry your cousin?

So in most Somali households parents or relatives give you marriage prospects but I was taken back when a relative suggested I should marry my first cousin :faysalwtf:

and than he throws in she comes from a poor family you would do her a favour by marrying her:drakewtf:

To me its just weird marrying cousin especially one you grew up with :vqbuyv0:

besides I would never marry a girl from back home due to compatibility And being raised different

Would you ever marry your cousin?

My first cousin wanted to marry me and when I said no, he got mad with me and my dad because my dad should not even ask my opinion and he should give me away. Logic!!!!

yikes!!! :susp:

am glad thats not a widely held view. whether or not i grew up with my cousins, the thought of thinking of them as anything other than my 'siblings' is just disgusting.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
yikes!!! :susp:

am glad thats not a widely held view. whether or not i grew up with my cousins, the thought of thinking of them as anything other than my 'siblings' is just disgusting.

Even worse when you were their babysitter

Vision

If its on mainstream media, don't believe it
The best human ever created married his cousin. You dont have to follow that particular sunnah but dont go calling it disgusting etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending