Marrying a man from Africa

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
Anyone have family who's been born in the west marry a man from somalia or Kenya? Not a fob, but someone who is educated?

I see a lot of girls in their mid 20's and early 30's marrying men from Africa. These women have lived in the west since childhood and some born in the west. But I don't understand how this works.

I know one girl married a doctor and she married him in Africa and brought him overseas. But I don't think his doctor degree would work here, we have different standards.

How do these type of marriage's work?

I can't relate to anyone from Africa, I am westernised in a way and also I have major trust issues. I'm not going to waste money on lawyer fees.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Yeah I know two girls who did personally

one brought him to Canada, he claimed to have a computer degree from Kenya or something- some issues with his status come up and he’s allowed to stay but can’t work for a period of a time. They are living off her income rn . she paid for the guys ticket, upkeep, all of that

One of my female cousins (much older than me, she got 15 on me lol) brought a dude to the US. Fast forward 7 years he has his own truck, alhamdullilah is a citizen, and they have two healthy and happy kids

Tbh it depends....but you Have to be okay with the fact that you’ll be supporting them for a long time from when paper are started to when they can work

PS
Any education from Kenya or Somalia is worth less than charmin toilet paper here sorry to say.

I’ve heard plenty of stories of dudes just dipping from the woman :damn:

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
Ain't nothing wrong with marrying niggas from Africa. Drop that false image that they are all backwards only slight cultural differences. The only reason it should be an issue is like @SOULSEARCHING said their degrees aren't recognized or sponsoring a spouse visa is too expensive or impossible to get.

If you can't find a suitable partner where you are from go for it its not a bad idea. Niggas do it all the time

I know 3 one got divorced before he came the other brought him here however he ended up marrying a second wife.i personally wouldn't do it, I already do a lot by nature as a woman i shouldn't have to bend over backwards for a dude. No thank you.
I would b too paranoid of being betrayed, i wouldn't want to live like that. Proceed with caution if you do decide.beat of luck.

Toriye

Sheekhaagu waa kuma?
Hello I fob frm Africa n speak gd ingiris wld u lik 2 merry?
I thought you were my fellow fob brother but here you are making fun of us

giphy.gif

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
I thought you were my fellow fob brother but here you are making fun of us

giphy.gif
Sorry sxb, it's just that these guys are so neck deep in prejudice I had no choice but to double down on this delution

Last edited:
I never understand those who call our people back home fobs like they never got on the boat. How are they a fobs?:faysalwtf:
Yes it doesn’t make sense.
besides FOB is a medieval term. No one gets on a boat to go to a different country anymore unless it is for leisure. FOP(fresh off the plane) is more accurate.