Marriage statistics among the Diaspora?

I've been wondering, do we have any statistics among the Somali Diasporas as to how many Somali men and women marry out? I do see quite a lot of interracial Somali couples, online and IRL. Obviously, the majority of Somalis will intermarry, and I do expect more Somali women to marry out than men, but I am curious as to EXACTLY how many of us marry out.

In all honesty, I do believe the Somali race will mostly die out in the next century or so, Diaspora people won't go back to Somalia and trade the 1st World for the 3rd World, and as already a lot of 1st gen immigrants can't speak the language, how can we expect their children to speak it?

Bleak times ahead, I'm afraid

Last edited:
In America close to zero :manny:
In America half breed wit Somali mother are treated wit hostility compared to vice verse the males get policed but not as much they have bastard kids but don't believe in marrying foreigners:manny:
I know Including my relatives off top 5 :manny:

It's rare to see a Somali marrying out although it exists. Most Somalis even in the diaspora marry their own.

strawberrii

#ArthurGang
I feel like being on the internet a lot makes you overestimate how many interracial couples there truly are.

But yeah, it seems to me women marry out more often? I don't know.

Obviously, the majority of Somalis will intermarry, and I do expect more Somali women to marry out than men, but I am curious as to EXACTLY how many of us marry out

Bleak times ahead, I'm afraid
Nah im pretty sure more men do, the women that do marry out are just a loud minority and talked about A LOT more. Just look at the amount of post that are made when a women marries out compared to men, and look at the tone in the comments.

Nobody cares if they marry out since its not haram as long as they marry an muslim ajnabi.

The Diaspora is temporary anyway.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Men deffo get with interracial women more in America at least, but they do rarely marry them.

a growing trend in my area, which I think is in response to fear of 35 year old unmarried, are that young folks out of uni are getting married at 23, 24.

for all our jokes truth is vast majority of Xalimos if not all will marry a faraax.

interestingly, though, some unmarried established women with education are bringing husbands from Somalia to where they are in diaspora.

VixR

Veritas
No diaspora is anything like its natives, nor should they be. I’m not sure why the expectation is there, especially since they flee their native country by definition. The bleak element is whatever caused them to flee, and not want to go back, whatever dysfunction or misfortune that makes the native land unfavorable.

There will be some form of integration with certain individuals when living in a western country that’s a given state when it comes to a multicultural society. I don’t see how that notion is alien. You’re exposed to so many different types of people that mutual attraction is bound to happen to a few people.

Online representation of dozens of couples on YouTube is somehow to be rationalised as something to be worried about is disingenuous to say the least. The stuff that gets popular are only popular because it undermines what you believe to be true or not. Don’t let that warp your perception on the actual numbers of interracial marriages.

Also a century you figure we will be wiped out, my man do you know how many years are in a century?
100 years for a race of around 15 million will be wiped out due to interracial marriages. Dang let me know when Somalia imports non natives that quadruple the population size. Then the fear mongerin begins

Trending