Marriage across the diaspora

Some diaspora communities have forsaken marriage completely. I think the Somali Canadians are part of this group. The few that get married tend to do it later in life. The case is completely different in the UK. I see many of them getting married before college or while still studying. Why have certain diaspora communities forsaken marriage?

Some diaspora communities have forsaken marriage completely. I think the Somali Canadians are part of this group. The few that get married tend to do it later in life. The case is completely different in the UK. I see many of them getting married before college or while still studying. Why have certain diaspora communities forsaken marriage?
Not completely. There are other priorities that need to be met first. Many are choosing to marry in their late 20's and early-mid 30's. Nothing wrong with that.

Not completely. There are other priorities that need to be met first. Many are choosing to marry in their late 20's and early-mid 30's. Nothing wrong with that.
Yes there is, marriage is a shield, there’s a reason the Prophet extolled young people to get marry early. If not shamelessness , mixing between genders, and zina will increase.

Yes there is, marriage is a shield, there’s a reason the Prophet extolled young people to get marry early. If not shamelessness , mixing between genders, and zina will increase.
Everyone is different. For some, marriage is compulsory. For others, its a choice. Don't paint everyone with the same brush.

Also the prophet was fully aware of financial constraints real people and how they are less established but still Allah says in Surah Noor “If they be poor, Allah will enrich them out of His Bounty” [an-Noor 24:32]. The Prophet would even tell slaves to get married, marriage increase in barakah

Cuz women focus on their education more and think they aren’t on a fertility clock. It’s hard being a virgin when ur 30+ so they definitely got it in. so in a nutshell. mix of being old for a girl +non virgin+ them having high requirements so that leaves little to no somali men who will marry them. Men their age go for much younger women while a 35 year old women wouldn’t marry a 24 year old men

This is happening to everyone in the west, Muslim and non-Muslim alike, people are barely surviving as it is thanks to being saddled with debt. Meanwhile wages have not risen while productivity has been climbing since the 80's, hence why some are dropping out, no point in trying in a society that wants to fleece you every opportunity it gets.

Housing markets a bust, taxes increasing daily, half your paycheck reducted by rent etc STEM degrees can't even guarantee a decent income anymore and most that are employed get through via nepotism or diversity hires, with all this going on its no wonder most people are putting marriage on the backburner.

Cuz women focus on their education more and think they aren’t on a fertility clock. It’s hard being a virgin when ur 30+ so they definitely got it in. so in a nutshell. mix of being old for a girl +non virgin+ them having high requirements so that leaves little to no somali men who will marry them. Men their age go for much younger women while a 35 year old women wouldn’t marry a 24 year old men
I believe it is very hard to be a virgin till 30. Most of us are getting freaky by 16-17. We might even f*ck foreigners and try to settle down with our own. It’s why the divorce rates are high. I remember my dugsi macalin preaching about how zina is powerful portion. It gets more sweeter every time you partake in it. Most of the diaspora who aren’t married by 30 have had a one night stand. I didn’t believe him then but now I do.

Zina is way cheaper than all the hustles of a western marriage. I couldn’t part with my money and forget my aspirations/dreams. Some of the older heads in the community have nothing to show for after putting all their resources in their wives and kids. Some don’t even have a nest egg and are still working past 65.

Last edited:
This is happening to everyone in the west, Muslim and non-Muslim alike, people are barely surviving as it is thanks to being saddled with debt. Meanwhile wages have not risen while productivity has been climbing since the 80's, hence why some are dropping out, no point in trying in a society that wants to fleece you every opportunity it gets.

Housing markets a bust, taxes increasing daily, half your paycheck reducted by rent etc STEM degrees can't even guarantee a decent income anymore and most that are employed get through via nepotism or diversity hires, with all this going on its no wonder most people are putting marriage on the backburner.
Nepotism is HUGE in the corporate world whether your work public or private sector it’s about who you know.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I believe it is very hard to be a virgin till 30. Most of us are getting freaky by 16-17. We might even f*ck foreigners and try to settle down with our own. It’s why the divorce rates are high. I remember my dugsi macalin preaching about how zina is powerful portion. It gets more sweeter every time you partake in it. Most of the diaspora who aren’t married by 30 have had a one night stand. I didn’t believe him then but now I do.

Zina is way cheaper than all the hustles of a western marriage. I couldn’t part with my money and forget my aspirations/dreams. Some of the older heads in the community have nothing to show for after putting all their resources in their wives and kids. Some don’t even have a nest egg and are still working past 65.
It's not hard if you don't put yourself in a situation where your alone with a female your advised to stay far away from zina and its very unlikely you will commit zina if your out in public in a cafe,restaurant with the opposite gender but the chances are very high if you in a car alone or meet at an apartment alone besides the divorce rate is high because of other issue like incompatibility, not sharing same expectations of marriage and you never truly know someone until you live with them

Trending