[MANCHESTER] Muslim community workers reported Salman to the authorities 5 years before the attack!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genie

The last suugo bender
http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/24/musli...out-manchester-bomber-five-years-ago-6659964/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/worried-friends-called-anti-terror-10492183

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-...ties-missed-warning-signs-leader-says/8559956

WHY????? the muslim community warned the authorities 5 times in the space of 5 years and the police and intelligence agency chose to do nothing ..... and now lives were lost and our community faces backlash i'm starting to think they let it happen ... nacala think of the lives they could have saved. :uCkf6mf::O27GWRK:

still the muslim community did their part in alerting the authorities of suspicious behaviour. :qri8gs7::qri8gs7:

Genie

The last suugo bender
I'm starting to think they were going to benefit by letting it happen perhaps you're right maybe advocate for a higher budget spending on the military like America did whatever it is its still fucked up.

I'm starting to think they were going to benefit by letting it happen perhaps you're right maybe advocate for a higher budget spending on the military like America did whatever it is its still fucked up.

Shan

If every reported person with Islamic radical views is to be arrested more than 70% of Somalis in the diaspora would have been jailed. A person shouldn't and can't be jailed for his/her views unless they give allegiances to a terrorist organisation, promote, encourage or are in the process of committing an act of violence. Ideas, regardless of how ugly and inhumane it might be expressed, it should never curtailed. I enjoy debating such people.

Shan

If every reported person with Islamic radical views is to be arrested more than 70% of Somalis in the diaspora would have been jailed. A person shouldn't and can't be jailed for his/her views unless they give allegiances to a terrorist organisation, promote, encourage or are in the process of committing an act of violence. Ideas, regardless of how ugly and inhumane it might be expressed, it should never curtailed. I enjoy debating such people.
How true!

How true!

Naissur

There is a video on social media about a dude asking young Somalis in Minnesota if they would prefer living in a Shariah Laws ruled country or in the United States, all of them stated a Shariah ruled country. Are they radical Muslims? I bet you not. I even met a drunk Somali in a club arguing for Shariah. Most Somalis in the diaspora, though they would never leave the West permanently and live in a country with strict Shariah Laws (as Shariah should be), then why the anomaly? Most will be labelled as Apostates if they admit it. Furthermore, they are taught and expected not to closely associate with non-Muslims and hang out with fellow Muslims. Why will they complain of racism in the job market when they voluntarily segregated themselves from the General community and therefore lack the skills be the trained or social in interacting with fellow non-Muslim beings? We should teach and encourage our children they are British, Americans or etc and not isolate themselves from their fellow citizens regardless of their race, religion or lack of it. These are the conversations that we need to have if we want to succeed as a community. If we do that, we can successfully counter radicalisation of young minds. Arresting these radicals would only enhance their credibility among the youth who are anti-authority by nature. Let's challenge and engage both sides.

Genie

The last suugo bender
Shan

Except if you read the articles that exactly what he did he pledged his allegiance to a group who just last summer allied with ISIS , he promoted suicide bombing and terrorism in general and would openly glorify it , he was captured along with one of his friend to be questioned by the police and intelligence agencies at least twice and yet here we are. And btw 70% in the diaspora???? isn't that a little bit of exaggeration.

Last edited:

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
Didn't you know? British police are useless!

How do you put someone on a watch list and not watch them? How was he in a watch list and allowed to travel freely? As soon as the reports came in of him agreeing with suicide bombing they should have arrested him I'm sure bugging his phone without his knowledge would have found them the evidence they need.

They are too focused on arresting innocent Muslims and let psychopaths through their radar. Do better UK Police!!

Except if you read the articles that exactly what he did he pledged his allegiance to a group who just last summer allied with ISIS , he promoted suicide bombing and terrorism in general and would openly glorify it , he was captured along with one of his friend to be questioned by the police and intelligence agencies at least twice and yet here we are. And btw 70% in the diaspora???? isn't that a little bit of exaggeration.

Shan

I didn't make laws relating to terrorism and if governments can get their way, they will stiffen these laws and expand beyond to what was intended. They will prosecute individuals and groups who expose and oppose them and have nothing to do with terrorism like environmental groups, unions, radical student organisations, investigative journalists and etc. This will dilute our democracy. Now, this person along with thousands of young men were on the radar of the security services and they determined him to be less dangerous than the others. How, I don't know, but what they know is that he never made allegiance publicly towards ISIS and nor called for violence. In politics alliances and bedfellows change all the time and there are jihadist groups like Al-Nusra and others who are viewed differently and favourably by the Western powers than ISIS. Is it a policy of my enemy's enemy is my friend and eliminate them one by one seperately? I don't know, but Al-Nusra and others aren't seen as dangerous to the western interests right now. There might come a time when they will be viewed as a hostile enemy entity or they might learn a lesson and moderate their philosophy like Sheikh Sharif and his group. Therefore, if he had given allegiances to such groups, he was determined to be of less a risk.

Don't read too much to what the Daily Mail and other Alt-Right papers write, their demographic readers are mainly angry white blue collar workers. Their worldview (like most of us Somalis) is black and white and they simply believe that their lives will vastly improve if Muslims (all refugees) were deported back to their countries. Don't pay much attention to them.

They arrest a terrorist everyday, on average, in the UK.

There are 3,500 extremists who are suspected soon-to-be terrorists in the country just roaming free.

I'm sure they are stretched out in resources. Budgets for security and intelligence must increase about 5 times what they are right now. They can easily afford it but there is a lot of government waste. London has like 50 local governments; each borough acts like its own city and is responsible for roads, schools, social services, etc. How many billions of pounds could be saved each year and allocated to security and intelligence if only one authority was responsible for all that for the city?

Western politicians are not serious in defeating terrorism. Maybe they will be accused of racism or something.

Genie

The last suugo bender
Shan

I didn't make laws relating to terrorism and if governments can get their way, they will stiffen these laws and expand beyond to what was intended. They will prosecute individuals and groups who expose and oppose them and have nothing to do with terrorism like environmental groups, unions, radical student organisations, investigative journalists and etc. This will dilute our democracy. Now, this person along with thousands of young men were on the radar of the security services and they determined him to be less dangerous than the others. How, I don't know, but what they know is that he never made allegiance publicly towards ISIS and nor called for violence. In politics alliances and bedfellows change all the time and there are jihadist groups like Al-Nusra and others who are viewed differently and favourably by the Western powers than ISIS. Is it a policy of my enemy's enemy is my friend and eliminate them one by one seperately? I don't know, but Al-Nusra and others aren't seen as dangerous to the western interests right now. There might come a time when they will be viewed as a hostile enemy entity or they might learn a lesson and moderate their philosophy like Sheikh Sharif and his group. Therefore, if he had given allegiances to such groups, he was determined to be of less a risk.

Don't read too much to what the Daily Mail and other Alt-Right papers write, their demographic readers are mainly angry white blue collar workers. Their worldview (like most of us Somalis) is black and white and they simply believe that their lives will vastly improve if Muslims (all refugees) were deported back to their countries. Don't pay much attention to them.

Trust me i don't i was however replying to your previous claim that he didn't do anything of suspicion or terror related hence why i said what i said , they did put him on a watch list but like you insinuated that could mean anything , i understand what you mean but my point was they brought this on to themselves at the end of the day since they knew of him and what he was capable off , i mean he can't have been completely innocent at the time of his reprimandation , in other words the muslims did what they had to do and warned the authorities and they failed to take action therefore we don't deserve collective and generalised hate because Tommy Tobinson and all the hate mongers of Islam always bring up the fact that we the muslim community don't do enough to stop radicalisation and extremism when this is a perfect example of muslims doing just that, btw i don't read the daily mail thats garbage.

Genie

The last suugo bender
They arrest a terrorist everyday, on average, in the UK.

There are 3,500 extremists who are suspected soon-to-be terrorists in the country just roaming free.

I'm sure they are stretched out in resources. Budgets for security and intelligence must increase about 5 times what they are right now. They can easily afford it but there is a lot of government waste. London has like 50 local governments; each borough acts like its own city and is responsible for roads, schools, social services, etc. How many billions of pounds could be saved each year and allocated to security and intelligence if only one authority was responsible for all that for the city?

Western politicians are not serious in defeating terrorism. Maybe they will be accused of racism or something.

Racism or something????

These people would happily go to war and dismantle a foreign nation for cheaper gas , their moral compass doesn't extend to what others perceive of them , its more than that i think they are using terrorism as a leverage a reasoning for something to come i just don't know what , mass deportation? , perhaps another war (Iran?) who knows. Just like America they need an enemy much like communism was for the cold war they need something to blame and that something has to be constant and consistent (think social conformity) if they stop ALL potential terrorist attacks they won't achieve their goals , they need these attack to increase fear in the masses and with this fear they can propagate war , budget increase for military expansion and otherwise immoral foreign meddling etc etc. At least thats how i see it.

Racism or something????

These people would happily go to war and dismantle a foreign nation for cheaper gas , their moral compass doesn't extend to what others perceive of them , its more than that i think they are using terrorism as a leverage a reasoning for something to come i just don't know what , mass deportation? , perhaps another war (Iran?) who knows. Just like America they need an enemy much like communism was for the cold war they need something to blame and that something has to be constant and consistent (think social conformity) if they stop ALL potential terrorist attacks they won't achieve their goals , they need these attack to increase fear in the masses and with this fear they can propagate war , budget increase for military expansion and otherwise immoral foreign meddling etc etc. At least thats how i see it.

Well you're seeing it very wrong.

The reason why you're not back in Somalia today is because they'll be labelled as bigots and racists; these words make you unelectable.

Europeans are still very sensitive about WW2. Call a German or Brit a racist or Nazi and the former will start to cry uncontrollably while the latter will be very offended. Europeans will prove they are not racists by continuing to bring foreigners by the millions every year and just hold vigils when they are attacked. They will do the absolute bare minimum when it comes to their security because they don't want to be called these things.

There is a city in England where over 1000 white girls were raped and the social workers, the police, lawyers and judges, the victims parents and neighbours kept it all hush hush because, yes you guessed it, they'd be called racist.

Genie

The last suugo bender

The reason why you're not back in Somalia today is because they'll be labelled as bigots and racists; these words make you unelectable.

Europeans are still very sensitive about WW2. Call a German or Brit a racist or Nazi and the former will start to cry uncontrollably while the latter will be very offended. Europeans will prove they are not racists by continuing to bring foreigners by the millions every year and just hold vigils when they are attacked. They will do the absolute bare minimum when it comes to their security because they don't want to be called these things.

There is a city in England where over 1000 white girls were raped and the social workers, the police, lawyers and judges, the victims parents and neighbours kept it all hush hush because, yes you guessed it, they'd be called racist.

I highly disagree with this simplistic view not he issue surely they wouldn't put up with terrorism because they're afraid of being perceived as racist , if so why did they not sit out on the iraqi invasion in 2003 they could've just ... you know not go... cuz racism and what not :ayaanswag::siilaanyolaugh:

Can u blame them, they nearly wiped each other from the face of the earth, ww1 and ww2 claimed 100million lives, that's alot of population to make up for

Shan

You delved us into a conspiratorial world. We all know that Salafism is the dominant sect in Sunni Islam and most Somalis (younger jeel) in the diaspora were educated in the mosques by Saudi trained Imams and follow them. Though, most of them are now Salafi jadiids, but they still believe in the Salafi doctrine of hadiths lke a "Muslim" fellow is more closer to you than an infidel. Sidaas darteed, people knew his plan. Why else will you have a Somali guy complaining about the British security services pressuring him to become a "snitch" and supported by the community only to be caught red-handed coordinating attacks between alshabab and alqaeda. He pleaded guilty in a New York court when the evidence against him was overwhelming. We (including all tolerant people) are between a rock and a hard place. Religious Zealots Vs political zealots. With due respect, spare me the crocodile tears.

Genie

The last suugo bender
Shan

You delved us into a conspiratorial world. We all know that Salafism is the dominant sect in Sunni Islam and most Somalis (younger jeel) in the diaspora were educated in the mosques by Saudi trained Imams and follow them. Though, most of them are now Salafi jadiids, but they still believe in the Salafi doctrine of hadiths lke a "Muslim" fellow is more closer to you than an infidel. Sidaas darteed, people knew his plan. Why else will you have a Somali guy complaining about the British security services pressuring him to become a "snitch" and supported by the community only to be caught red-handed coordinating attacks between alshabab and alqaeda. He pleaded guilty in a New York court when the evidence against him was overwhelming. We (including all tolerant people) are between a rock and a hard place. Religious Zealots Vs political zealots. With due respect, spare me the crocodile tears.

Tears... what on earth are you talking about of course the people we are around play a huge role the muslims around me say no such thing and so i wouldn't have a clue on what you're talking about perhaps in Minnesota and even then they can't be representative of ALL the Somali diaspora , again one guy?? i do agree with you that we are in hard place and between Religious and political radicals however i don't see why my outlook on it is considered a conspiracy meanwhile you generalising millions of people based on a few is considered okay in any way , to each his own i guess i disagree with some of what you're saying and you disagree with mine , That really all there is to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.