Madoows come for zoe saldana for playing dark skin character.

Read the comments of these AA haters. They dont see zoe saldana as black because shes latina with long nose and good hair, i guess they dont see somalis as black then. The jealousy is unreal!

They're destroying her career because she's not dark ( Madow) enough to play nina simone.

Madness!

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Only this time i agree with the black thoots

7Rinx

Somalia Hanoolato
First of all I want to say that I never found Zoe Saldana to be pretty or even cute. She looks like a normal office employee I don't get the hype about her at all.

Now that that's out of the way they are 100% right about her being the wrong person to cast for this role. Nina Simone was famous for having very dark skin and a very wide nose and the thick afro. Her career was made difficult because of her appearance because she did not have the typical black star look of having lighter skin and straighten hair. She overcome a lot of obstacles and she became a figure of empowerment for black and African women with these features and she embraced this role.

Even with the extra makeup Zoe Saldana looks nothing like Nina Simone. There are so many other actresses they could have chosen if they want to get closer to Nina's phenotype. Black women have a right to be mad about this because Nina Simone was a black woman and she wasn't one of those to try to distance herself from her blackness she embraced who she was people called her ugly and she didn't care. Even her family is against this movie because they know the casting is wrong.

If this was anyone else no one would question why people didn't think this was a good fit. If they cast a dark skin afro Latin actress to play Selena you think Hispanic people would let that go? It's just that people expect black women to be happy with whatever scraps they get from Hollywood. They have a right to be upset and I would be too if I were them.

Last edited:

7Rinx

Somalia Hanoolato
First of all I want to say that I never found Zoe Saldana to be pretty or even cute. She looks like a normal office employee I don't get the hype about her at all.

Now that that's out of the way they are 100% right about her being the wrong person to cast for this role. Nina Simone was famous for having very dark skin and a very wide nose and the thick afro. Her career was made difficult because of her appearance because she did not have the typical black star look of having lighter skin and straighten hair. She overcome a lot of obstacles and she became a figure of empowerment for black and African women with these features and she embraced this role.

Even with the extra makeup Zoe Saldana looks nothing like Nina Simone. There are so many other actresses they could have chosen if they want to get closer to Nina's phenotype. black women have a right to be mad about this because Nina Simone was a black woman and she wasn't one of those to try to distance herself from her blackness she embraced to she was people called her ugly and she didn't care. Even her family is against this movie because they know the casting is wrong. If this was anyone else no one would question why people didn't think this was a good fit. If they cast a dark skin actress to play Selena you think Hispanic people would let that go? It's just that people expect black women to be happy with whatever scraps they get from Hollywood. They have a right to be upset and I would be too if I were them. Her makeup looks so horrible because they're trying so hard but it's extremely unrealistic.

We all know there's different kinds of blacks it's funny how when light skinned women are being praised everyone's okay with noticing the difference between them and dark-skinned black women with broader features. But when it comes to getting a roll it's okay for light skin women to act like there's no difference between them and other black woman that is a lie. This woman is mixed she's Caribbean or some sort of South American so she should be playing a Brazilian character she should never be cast to play someone that looks like Nina Simone.

If there is no problem with Zoe Saldana playing Nina Simone could the opposite be true? Could Danielle Brooks play Lauren London in her life story? Hey the are both black!
danielle-brooks-lit-2.jpg
Lauren-London-1024x904.jpg

Last edited:
Read the comments of these AA haters. They dont see zoe saldana as black because shes latina with long nose and good hair, i guess they dont see somalis as black then. The jealousy is unreal!

They're destroying her career because she's not dark ( madow) enough to play nina simone.

Madness!

EezJy-eU4AEb9SV.jpg

They have an inferiority complex, they dont complain if the Black actor is half white.

Kamala Harris also isn't seen as Black because shes half Indian. Obama? His white side never gets mentioned. Ancient Egyptians. .Fully Black.. Ancient Israel.. Fully Black..

They'll denigrate Somalis but create websites and use images of Cushites to claim Egypt..
EW3piouWkAIhILM.jpg

6113f525f66d901b4268f1eb17443b7c.jpg

Tbh she doesn’t look like Nina and she isn’t African American so if they’re upset they have the right to

and Latinos don’t want to see celia Cruz Being played by an African American (whoopi Goldberg)

Trending

Latest posts