Some of you constantly talk about Bantus being discriminated against, whilst ignoring the biggest scandal in Somalia; Madhibaan, Tumaal and Yibir discrimination

Who else was aghast and shocked, when you found out that Somalis discriminate against these groups because of their jobs?

Madhibaan apparently make shoes out of leather and Tumaal are iron workers/blacksmiths.
Sorry, but I don't believe the story of "Madhibaan ate bakhti and were kicked out", nor do I believe that they were kicked out of existing clans.

What's even more laughable and ironic, is that Somalis in the diaspora are not even skilled enough to carry out this work and many had to jobs which are considered inferior. At present, there is also a growing trend of Somalis learning how to work with their hands.

How can Somalis tackle this problem??

Last edited:
That's what I'm saying. Why are you parroting for, yes Muslim Somali nationals , when ignoring your own kinfolk's problems.... I never see anyone exposing the conditions that Tumaal Madibaan or Yibir face daily yet I see a huge amount on Bantus... It's honestly quite disheartening to see Somalis not even care about their kin.

That's what I'm saying. Why are you parroting for, yes Muslim Somali nationals , when ignoring your own kinfolk's problems.... I never see anyone exposing the conditions that Tumaal Madibaan or Yibir face daily yet I see a huge amount on Bantus... It's honestly quite disheartening to see Somalis not even care about their kin.

What kind of society looks down on people who are creative and patient enough to make something out of nothing. :gucciwhat:

I want SomaliSpot to start an anti-Madhibaan/Tumaal/Yibir discrimination movement.
Ban all mention of the words "Midgo" "Midgaan" and so forth.

What kind of society looks down on people who are creative and patient enough to make something out of nothing. :gucciwhat:

I want SomaliSpot to start an anti-Madhibaan/Tumaal/Yibir discrimination movement.
Madhibaan forged weapons for the Islamic invasion of Abyssinia. How can niggas look down at them when their own clans did nothing but cause strife and war for a few decades :damn:

Madhibaan forged weapons for the Islamic invasion of Abyssinia. How can niggas look down at them when their own clans did nothing but cause strife and war for a few decades :damn:

They are heroes.. it makes me sick to my stomach when I see an elderly Tumaal or Madhibaan man being mistreated. I saw a video about discrimination against them and I was horrified.

At least Bantus own most of Africa, whilst our own Madibaan, Tumaal and Yibir have nowhere else they call home.

Raali ahaada my people.
:stressed:

Shimbiris

Ψ¨Ω‰ΩŽΨ± ΨΊΩ‰ΩŽΩ„ Ψ₯ي؀ ΨΉΨ’Ω†Ψ€ Ω„Ψ€
VIP

Talked about this in length in another thread among others:

I doubt it. Why would one envy a tanner or a hunter? I can maybe get it a bit with a stonemason or blacksmith or merchant but still... You see stuff like this in many other societies outside of the Horn of Africa like East Asia, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The society just decides the work is "impure" and sometimes it makes sense like in the case of a tanner or latrine cleaner or a butcher so the society sees this person who constantly deals in "impure" work as inherently impure themselves and therefore ostracizes them.

In our ancestor's case, they probably in part looked down on how these groups were usually not self-sufficient. One thing a lot of people forget about agriculture (farming and animal husbandry) is that it facilitated the ability for specialization; classes of people who dedicate all their time to something other than acquiring or making food because the food-producers can give them food as payment for their specialized task like being a scholar or carpenter and therefore free them up. What we see with a lot of societies worldwide is that sometimes the specialized task is respected and revered like in the case of a priest or ruler or professional soldier but sometimes it is disdained due to some perceived "impurity" in the task or the fact there is no religious or social presitge in what the person is doing and they are therefore seen somewhat as a "leech" on the food-producers even though that's rather unfair. Then there's the fact that most pre-modern people were pretty ignorant and superstitious and probably viewed at least some of the specialized tasks with fear and suspicion like blacksmithing and soothsaying.

Lots of reasons, basically.

It's just a peculiar Horn African tradition that's somewhat found in a few other Afro-Asiatics like some Berbers from what I've noticed. But it should be stamped out and these people respected and humanized for their beautiful contributions to our cultures.

Talked about this in length in another thread among others:

It's just a peculiar Horn African tradition that's somewhat found in a few other Afro-Asiatics like some Berbers from what I've noticed. But it should be stamped out and these people respected and humanized for their beautiful contributions to our cultures.

That's a very informative breakdown and I believe it. I bet this has been going on since before Islam because it is deeply entrenched in Somali society.

I think the only way to reverse this crime is by empowering Madhibaan and Tumaal officially.
They need to form organisations similar to how Masons did in europe.

Furthermore, a shoe from China should not be cheaper than a shoe made by a Madhibaan tradesperson.

Somalis should also bring back wearing swords and spears with traditional dress, which will boost Tumaal productivity.

I think it would be good to call them "Farsamo yaqaan" or a similar name, to show that they are skilled and the most useful people in Somali society.

Finally, any discrimination against them should carry a humiliating punishment, such as being flogged in the city centre for all to see.

Shimbiris

Ψ¨Ω‰ΩŽΨ± ΨΊΩ‰ΩŽΩ„ Ψ₯ي؀ ΨΉΨ’Ω†Ψ€ Ω„Ψ€
VIP
That's a very informative breakdown and I believe it. I bet this has been going on since before Islam because it is deeply entrenched in Somali society.

It most likely has. It seems an ancient tradition in the Horn as a whole. Even Omotics practice it. That's why if you look up genetic samples of the "Ari" you will find both "Blacksmith" and "Cultivator" samples.

Some of you constantly talk about Bantus being discriminated against, whilst ignoring the biggest scandal in Somalia; Madhibaan, Tumaal and Yibir discrimination

Who else was aghast and shocked, when you found out that Somalis discriminate against these groups because of their jobs?

Madhibaan apparently make shoes out of leather and Tumaal are iron workers/blacksmiths.
Sorry, but I don't believe the story of "Madhibaan ate bakhti and were kicked out", nor do I believe that they were kicked out of existing clans.

What's even more laughable and ironic, is that Somalis in the diaspora are not even skilled enough to carry out this work and many had to jobs which are considered inferior. At present, there is also a growing trend of Somalis learning how to work with their hands.

How can Somalis tackle this problem??
Who the hell complains about Yibir's being discriminated against?

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
Whenever I see videos of bantus getting discriminated, I can’t feel complete empathy because deep down I know he’s different and i would be treated the same in his country but when I saw a video of a tuna AK family talking about mistreatment, it seriously pained me because that man looked like my uncle and anyone who sees him will know he’s somali straight away. These people are legit SOMALIS not some random minority shishiyes, they’re our people who just happen to have a different mythical lineage to us and are treated differently for it, disgusting wallahi befire we can tackle the Somali bantu issue we need to start with this, charity starts at home

I have a theory that they started the discrimination as they were more advanced then nomadic Somalis teamed up and overthrew them.
If there is any advanced ancient civilisation in Somalia it is likely from them.:manny:

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
58e2b9.jpg

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
I have a theory that they started the discrimination as they were more advanced then nomadic Somalis teamed up and overthrew them.
If there is any advanced ancient civilisation in Somalia it is likely from them.:manny:
nomadic somalis even look down on agricultural ones, they’re whole system is messed up

I suspect this also.

There are ancient underground tombs in Puntland and when your read about certain Cushitic groups from ancient history, I'm having a hard time picturing Geeljirre people running it by themselves.

Maybe in ancient history, these people were more prominent.