Long term boyfriend/girlfriend culture exists among diaspora Somalis

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOMALIKNIGHT

Golan Heights belong to Syria
I was told today that a girl I went to school with has been secretly dating another Somali guy since Year 10. That is over a 5 year relationship. They are now this week done the meher. They confessed to friends that they have been in a serious relationship for that long after people were surprised that they never acknowledged each other in school or outside and thought they didnt know each other. They did it privately.

:gucciwhat:

Forget about the half decade long zina that has probably been taking place but this is what the gaalo do (boyfriend and girlfriend for years and then get married). I am shocked they kept it a secret.

Anyways I don't care about this but the takeaway of this story is the deep gaalo culture that has entered our community should be fought against. Don't do unIslamic acts like long term dating. A few months of chatting over text and with other friends is more Islamic before entering a marriage.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
When @SOMALIKNIGHT dies

*** in the grave***

Who was your Lord?

Somali-knight-- ummm ummm, can I tell you something, I once chased down a Somali girl who was an atheist, she said she didn't believe in God.

What is your religion?

Somali-knight-- ummm ummm I once saw a Somali girl, I didn't lower my gaze instead I tried to lecture her, turns out she was Ethiopian.

SOMALIKNIGHT

Golan Heights belong to Syria
Dude mind your own fucking business you weirdo.

Islam is weird? Me asking people to remember their diin is weird? Prophet Muhammad pbuh said Islam started as something strange and it will return being strange. I am happy to be called a weirdo for reminding people of the diin!

I actually heard that this is starting to become common amongst older Somalis (those in their late 30's and up).

Personally, I think its better to get married and receive Allah's mercy and blessings.

:mjkkk::mjlol: what a creepy freak.

You know those types of people end up having death due us part marriages and create loving tightknit families, right? They end up raising kids that can hold a stable relationship when they get to their mating years.

My parents knew each other since elementary school. How worse is that in your eyes than that couple you spoke about?

TheChauvinist

Men are better than Women.
I was told today that a girl I went to school with has been secretly dating another Somali guy since Year 10. That is over a 5 year relationship. They are now this week done the meher. They confessed to friends that they have been in a serious relationship for that long after people were surprised that they never acknowledged each other in school or outside and thought they didnt know each other. They did it privately.

Forget about the half decade long zina that has probably been taking place but this is what the gaalo do (boyfriend and girlfriend for years and then get married). I am shocked they kept it a secret.

Anyways I don't care about this but the takeaway of this story is the deep gaalo culture that has entered our community should be fought against. Don't do unIslamic acts like long term dating. A few months of chatting over text and with other friends is more Islamic before entering a marriage.

A lot of muslims in the west live double lives. But at least he did the right thing in the end and married her.

Why would you be shocked? They obviously kept it a secret because they didn't want to attract shame and attention from the community.

Somalis avoid long term relationships. Most somali relationships outside marriage are toxic and end in bastard babies and single mothers

I know a Somali couple that started 'dating' in their teens. Broke it off a couple times, but ended up together ans married a few years back. They're the best Somali couple I know.

where u there while they had this supposed zina your seemingly braindead or slow people date loser doesnt mean sex

look at this wasteman talking bad about them, ain't no one trying to marry someone after 3 months. Always the uber religious people as well , but they all live in gaalo countries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending