Local businessmen in Somalia investing in the tourism sector as security improves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very unwise investment. Al shabab are still running wild & setting of bombs nearly every two or three weeks. Foreign tourists won't be taking holidays in Somalia any time soon.

Last edited:
Yes there is potential, but Somali politics & Al shabab combined will prolong instability. So he won't be seeing a return for a long time.

You need to have a perspective longer than 2 years :bell: Al-shabbab used to own that city and now they have been removed from it.

The process is now to remove them from the surrounding areas :ivers:

You need to have a perspective longer than 2 years :bell: Al-shabbab used to own that city and now they have been removed from it.

The process is now to remove them from the surrounding areas :ivers:
When shabab is removed from the equation, there still going to be instability due to clan politics.
:francis:
Qabiil needs to be eradicated, however that will take decades under a credible gov't & will require a lot of social engineering & real economic development.
:reallymaury:

When shabab is removed from the equation, there still going to be instability due to clan politics.
:francis:
Qabiil needs to be eradicated, however that will take decades under a credible gov't & will require a lot of social engineering & real economic development.
:reallymaury:

Al-shabbab is the main enemy for now and the exstential one, only they blow themselves up and destroy for the sake of destroying :mugshotman: I think Farmaajo took a great step by nominating Hassan as hails from the same clan that swore alligance to Al-shabbab because they weren't allocated power, and it will weaken their base. Also why the command last week felt the need to speak out:farole:

Qabil have more sprodadic violence and can be adressed trough mediation with our elders until proper courts are build, which will won't take long. Allowing local governances and creating goverment services such as school and healthcare will also lessens their impact and cause for violence, which at the heart is about ressources. :yacadiim:

Somalia is going into a brighter future and I will be a part of generation who will rebuild it :salute:

Gojo Satoru

Staff Member
Will that stretch of beach land be open to the public?

Whilst any development should be welcomed, it's not wise to follow the foot steps of developing countries who have turned their land into enclaves for foreign tourists whist locals are shut out.
I'm with you. We need to build somalia first for somalis only. The tourists can wait.

I'm with you. We need to build somalia first for somalis only. The tourists can wait.

Some countries barely have any beach front left for the public but the average Somali doesn't see the danger of these multi-million dollar hotels.
They think they will get employed and that they will get to chill on the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending