Liido massacre deaths include diaspora tourists

Status
Not open for further replies.

McD30

Bored to death
I'm also reading siblings (2 girls and a boy) all died in the attack.

AUN. :(

Last edited:

afrosomali

closer to god we africans
at the end of the day liido beach was bound to be attacked eventually

maybe ppl will be wiser about where they vacation now:francis:

still AUN

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Are diaspora more important then local smh.

No, they're not but I think it's fair to assume that locals have a better understanding of the threat that Al-Shabaab still poses while much of the youth in the diaspora live in la la land and get all their information about Mogadishu from social media. Perception is reality to them and when people like Ugaaso gloss over these issues and focus on the amazing meal they had at a liido beach restaurant, can we really blame the naive diaspora for wanting to follow in their foot steps?

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
No, they're not but I think it's fair to assume that locals have a better understanding of the threat that Al-Shabaab still poses while much of the youth in the diaspora live in la la land and get all their information about Mogadishu from social media. Perception is reality to them and when people like Ugaaso gloss over these issues and focus on the amazing meal they had at a liido beach restaurant, can we really blame the naive diaspora for wanting to follow in their foot steps?

Lol most people are aware of the dangers of especially going near hotels/restaurants in xamar. I hope you're not blaming ugaasa. Somalis will still take the risk for the sake of their city and go in solidarity (see the hashtag of people going to lido right afterwards) Xamar isn't a vacay spot...........yet Inshallah.

Are they equal?

yes, the locals are the life blood of the economy and there were uni grads that would have contributed to somali society.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Lol most people are aware of the dangers of especially going near hotels/restaurants in xamar. I hope you're not blaming ugaasa. Somalis will still take the risk for the sake of their city and go in solidarity (see the hashtag of people going to lido right afterwards) Xamar isn't a vacay spot...........yet Inshallah.

yes, the locals are the life blood of the economy and there were United graduates that would have contributed to somali society.

I don't blame Ugaaso but she is part of the problem. How do you expect the diaspora to be as aware of the dangers as the locals when they're given a false sense of security on social media? My family went back summer '15 and they were given a rude awakening. Young or old, it doesn't matter. The diaspora are living in delusion and it takes going there and experiencing Mogadishu for yourself to know what's really up.

McD30

Bored to death

yes, the locals are the life blood of the economy and there were United graduates that would have contributed to somali society.
Are all lives equal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts