Life advices (Deep)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genie

The last suugo bender
A close friend of mine , and i mean close i knew her since we were 8 years old , we would attend the same mosque and same primary school. This girl was the definition of miskeen as a kid , but sh wasn't very bright. but then adolescence came in and she was the typical what you would call a tom boy she would dress like boy , play with the boys you name it she even listened to the type of music the boys liked not for attention or anything but because that was her personality as a teen. Anyways fast track to our final years of school she began practicing and we're talking all serious i mean my other close friends and i were already practising but nothing to her extent i'm talking strict!, she would haram police us , at first we appreciated it and took it as advice and guidance for example she would tell us not to gossip or listen to music then it became wear jilbabas and dump your abayas i mean i wear jilbaabs sometimes for example to prayer at mosque or quran lessons not to bloody school!. she would ask or shall i say demand the school to give us a prayer room, she would do dawah with little to no knowledge. But this was standard for what i call an obsessive practicing muslim who was paranoid at falling back to old haram habits.

Fast forward our years at sixth form and i was notified by my other friend one day at school break time in the cafeteria that the police caught her chatting to ISIS recruiters and booking plane tickets to turkey with another somali girl . A cold chill ran down my spine wallahi i was rooted to my spot wtf, just happened i thought. I would always always drop hints to her regarding extremism asking her leading questions like "Al qaeda and ISIS are all khawarijites who have lost the plot and have gone astray don't you think?" and she would agree strongly even quoting verses and mentioning hadiths. So i was incredibly confused as to what caused this to happen long story short, the few days leading up to this event we were at local cafe revising for upcoming exams and she seemed so at peace more like her normal caring self she was the definition of miskeen i mean she seemed very motherly and nurturing to everything and everyone be it a non muslim a muslim or an animal , so this was like smack in the face , i thought i knew this person , like i said at this point our friendship exceeded 10 years but she was willing to escape to a bunch of psychos whose ideal state would be that of oppression and slaughtering of innocent lives. I felt bertayed and almost terrified running through all the time i spent with this girl i thought "was that smile a mask . was she hidding something more sinister" wallahi i lost sleep for a few days. The police would also monitor her close friends ncluding me and a few others even questioning us about her behaviour around us , i told them everything above and they too found it scary to some extent how someone can change and do a complete 180.

Till this day things are a bit rocky between us i keep my distance respectively but reach out to her for social comfort because everyone else seems to have turned their backs ton her , no mother would let their daughter near her. She is now married an expecting a child (she is 19 ) and has slowly come back to her normal self she seems to practice but is not extreme at least i hope not. There are still times where she would drop a line about something being fitnah like showing your ankle or something which still kind creeps me out other than that , i still chat with her. Like i said our friendship is deep rooted i can't just abandon her when everyone else has.

Advice and lesson: You will never truly know someone EVER , there is a part of the human concealed deeply within them the part the shaytan whispers too a darker part, every person no matter how sweet they some is susceptible to becoming your worst nightmare be careful an follow your intuition. Don't rely on people too much as well, become your own teacher , your own bestfriend and your out psychiatrist have your own back and best interest at heart that way you can stay sane in this increasingly fucked up world.

P.S: Sorry is this was too long i think we all have stories with a lesson to learn from , y'all can drop your stories too lets give each other life advice, Insh'allah.

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
This touched me
raw (2).gif

I read the whole story. It looks like your friend was influenced by some terrorist guy in the past

Its very rare for someone to go from a tomboy to a terrorist with out being influenced.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
So your friend goes from tomboy to terrorist in high school

:mjlol:

Caku children

A close friend of mine , and i mean close i knew her since we were 8 years old , we would attend the same mosque and same primary school. This girl was the definition of miskeen as a kid , but sh wasn't very bright. but then adolescence came in and she was the typical what you would call a tom boy she would dress like boy , play with the boys you name it she even listened to the type of music the boys liked not for attention or anything but because that was her personality as a teen. Anyways fast track to our final years of school she began practicing and we're talking all serious i mean my other close friends and i were already practising but nothing to her extent i'm talking strict!, she would haram police us , at first we appreciated it and took it as advice and guidance for example she would tell us not to gossip or listen to music then it became wear jilbabas and dump your abayas i mean i wear jilbaabs sometimes for example to prayer at mosque or quran lessons not to bloody school!. she would ask or shall i say demand the school to give us a prayer room, she would do dawah with little to no knowledge. But this was standard for what i call an obsessive practicing muslim who was paranoid at falling back to old haram habits.

Fast forward our years at sixth form and i was notified by my other friend one day at school break time in the cafeteria that the police caught her chatting to ISIS recruiters and booking plane tickets to turkey with another somali girl . A cold chill ran down my spine wallahi i was rooted to my spot wtf, just happened i thought. I would always always drop hints to her regarding extremism asking her leading questions like "Al qaeda and ISIS are all khawarijites who have lost the plot and have gone astray don't you think?" and she would agree strongly even quoting verses and mentioning hadiths. So i was incredibly confused as to what caused this to happen long story short, the few days leading up to this event we were at local cafe revising for upcoming exams and she seemed so at peace more like her normal caring self she was the definition of miskeen i mean she seemed very motherly and nurturing to everything and everyone be it a non muslim a muslim or an animal , so this was like smack in the face , i thought i knew this person , like i said at this point our friendship exceeded 10 years but she was willing to escape to a bunch of psychos whose ideal state would be that of oppression and slaughtering of innocent lives. I felt bertayed and almost terrified running through all the time i spent with this girl i thought "was that smile a mask . was she hidding something more sinister" wallahi i lost sleep for a few days. The police would also monitor her close friends ncluding me and a few others even questioning us about her behaviour around us , i told them everything above and they too found it scary to some extent how someone can change and do a complete 180.

Till this day things are a bit rocky between us i keep my distance respectively but reach out to her for social comfort because everyone else seems to have turned their backs ton her , no mother would let their daughter near her. She is now married an expecting a child (she is 19 ) and has slowly come back to her normal self she seems to practice but is not extreme at least i hope not. There are still times where she would drop a line about something being fitnah like showing your ankle or something which still kind creeps me out other than that , i still chat with her. Like i said our friendship is deep rooted i can't just abandon her when everyone else has.

Advice and lesson: You will never truly know someone EVER , there is a part of the human concealed deeply within them the part the shaytan whispers too a darker part, every person no matter how sweet they some is susceptible to becoming your worst nightmare be careful an follow your intuition. Don't rely on people too much as well, become your own teacher , your own bestfriend and your out psychiatrist have your own back and best interest at heart that way you can stay sane in this increasingly fucked up world.

P.S: Sorry is this was too long i think we all have stories with a lesson to learn from , y'all can drop your stories too lets give each other life advice, Insh'allah.

Sad story. I often remember the words of ibn kathir when he said the following about the khawarij

They departed from among their fathers and mothers, uncles and aunts, leaving behind all their relatives. They believed, through their ignorance and their lack of knowledge, that this matter would please the Lord of the heavens and earth. They did not realize that it was from the gravest of Sins, and from the biggest acts of wrongdoing

Islam is all about the middle. There is an actual word in religion for extremism and it is called ghuluw. Fall in that and its hard to come out. Your friend unfortunately didnt have the right people around her. She needs good friends. OP you are doing well being in touch with her

Genie

The last suugo bender
Sad story. I often remember the words of ibn kathir when he said the following about the khawarij

They departed from among their fathers and mothers, uncles and aunts, leaving behind all their relatives. They believed, through their ignorance and their lack of knowledge, that this matter would please the Lord of the heavens and earth. They did not realize that it was from the gravest of Sins, and from the biggest acts of wrongdoing

Islam is all about the middle. There is an actual word in religion for extremism and it is called ghuluw. Fall in that and its hard to come out. Your friend unfortunately didnt have the right people around her. She needs good friends. OP you are doing well being in touch with her

Thanks , i understand that its tough to be in her position. But extremism is plaguing somalis now a days and i needed to address this , thanks for your input.

Genie

The last suugo bender
I read the whole story. It looks like your friend was influenced by some terrorist guy in the past

Its very rare for someone to go from a tomboy to a terrorist with out being influenced.

No one in past thats the scary part she started conversing with an isis recruiter via KIK and bam she's all extreme in her views.

Sounds like she fell head over heels for him. The power of

People usually adopt their partners habits and views when to make themselves more appealing.

Genie

The last suugo bender
Sounds like she fell head over heels for him. The power of

People usually adopt their partners habits and views when to make themselves more appealing.

Akhas! can't imagine an isis psycho being at all romantic to win her over. But i never thought of it like that before :ohhh:

Genie

The last suugo bender
You mentioned she was a tomboy, perhaps she had low self-esteem because of that.

I also mentioned she wasn't the brightest of people tbh wallahi i think her inability to make rational and logical decisions was her downfall or her near downfall in this case. Looking back though she was most definitely insecure.

Akhas! can't imagine an isis psycho being at all romantic to win her over. But i never thought of it like that before :ohhh:

I always thought you were male because of your username. You have used the male version. The female version is "Shan-futo-ley". Still an odd usename when one knows the meaning of it.

How did you come up with it?

:russ:

Genie

The last suugo bender
I always thought you were male because of your username. You have used the male version. The female version is "Shan-futo-ley". Still an odd usename when one knows the meaning of it.

How did you come up with it?

:russ:

Its a story , about a guy who had shan futo and the kids would call him shan futo le. Its like a somali folklore tale , Maybe that explains somali faraxs and their fat backs. :drakelaugh::chrisfreshhah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending