Lets talk about Somaliland!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I got back from Hargeisa a couple months back ago after living there for a while this is what I've noticed

People born in Somaliland after '88 are strictly taught that Somalia is an enemy state, just like what we consider Ethiopia. I'm sure not everyone believes that, lakiin the clear majority live by it and would die for it.

So I don't think there's any hope, especially when those who are almost 20 and under that were born there were never "united" with Somalia in the first place.

paragon

Keeping it Real Since 01/01/90
Khati + Cuqdad = Serious After Effects

kkkkk ain't all of Somali inhabited lands on khat now. Let's thank Ethiopia for growing a fresh supply of ddt laced chewing leaves that make the locals batshit crazy and complacent as fck.

The more important question is what do the people want as their rule of law??? Do they want secularism or Islamic rule?? Unity is a pipe dream and a unified Somali republic is reminiscent of the communist atheist government that collapsed and I say good riddance to that. Somalis have always been a group living under different governments and independent Islamic emirates. We have never had a government that ruled over all independent Somali regions and that will not happen anytime soon. Based on that I don't think many people would have issue with say the Islamic emirate of Somaliland. The only time Somali regions will ever be united under a single government is a future khilafah that consolidates power in the jaziratul arab and is upon the minhajul nabuwa and brings the Somali regions under its control either through willing consent or force by military means. That is when you will see true justice and peace and tranquility fill the lands when a rightly guided khalif who may even be the mahdi is ruling it from makkatul mukarramah.

Khathead

tfw no habesha gf
I got back from Hargeisa a couple months back ago after living there for a while this is what I've noticed

People born in Somaliland after '88 are strictly taught that Somalia is an enemy state, just like what we consider Ethiopia. I'm sure not everyone believes that, lakiin the clear majority live by it and would die for it.

So I don't think there's any hope, especially when those who are almost 20 and under that were born there were never "united" with Somalia in the first place.

Did you go to the best cafe in the city?

cake.png

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
God fucking damn who gives f*ck:trash:
I know one way to solve this whole problem carve the north between 3 countries give the gadubursi region to djbooty, give the isaaq regions to Ethiopia and keep the last few regions:stopit:
Everybody becomes a happy camper:nvjpqts:

Liibaan

And seek help in patience and prayers
Mercury,

Ok. Would be interesting if you could tell us your impression of Hargeisa. How's life there. Positives and negatives.

paragon

Somaliland needs people with fresh ideas who can make a judgement and call without emotional strings.

Reunify with the rest of somalia which isnt a bad idea

Makes sense. What would unifying with Somalia look like to you?

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Nothing a little counter programming wont change

siilaanyolaugh

CrazyWadaad

Prince of East Africa
Somalilands future path must be secured now.Somaliland politicians are not willing to make riskier choices in our policy toward Somalia,Ethiopia and wider world(West,China,Arabs etc).Isaaq have all ways been political geniuses but the status quo isn't working anymore.I suggest either we go back to negotiating table with Somalia and strong arm them for a special autonomous region similiar to Kurdistan.We will have our foreign embassies and diplomats,army stays the same aswell.We will basically stay the same except change currency or we mobilize,start training camps and hire as much youth as we can and march down and overwhelm those Bantu Amisom and burn villa Somalia to the ground.

New generation politicians must emerge to tackle our problems.We can outsmart the whole horn whether it's Xamar or Addis(especially Xamar).Somaliland can be lead to greatness.I thank God that Siilanyo will be gone by 2017

paragon

God fucking damn who gives f*ck:trash:
I know one way to solve this whole problem carve the north between 3 countries give the gadubursi region to djbooty, give the isaaq regions to Ethiopia and keep the last few regions:stopit:
Everybody becomes a happy camper:nvjpqts:

I disagree.

Djibouti and Ethiopia have a hard time governing their countries as is, they are laughing stocks. They can't even share power properly. Annexing those two regions won't do much for that country. The Issaq would be Ethiopia's even more than they are right now. The Gadabursi have little political participation in Djibouti its almost 50/50 Cisse and Afar in parliment. Funny because they disenfranchise their Dir brothers. The Gadabursi are chumps. No offense Rooble but them being anti-colonial cost them dearly. At least they have their integrity but that doesn't feed you. Somaliland is an Issaq state I don't consider it for Darood or Dir. They have some stability but like most Somali regions development is still poor. 8 storey buildings ain't shit to brag about, neither are airports we didn't even have the human capital to build. That shit was outsourced. My suggestions - take care of improving the health, education and job prospects of the people. Then tribe won't have as much bargaining power as it does for protecting the people.

Last edited:
The more important question is what do the people want as their rule of law??? Do they want secularism or Islamic rule?? Unity is a pipe dream and a unified Somali republic is reminiscent of the communist atheist government that collapsed and I say good riddance to that. Somalis have always been a group living under different governments and independent Islamic emirates. We have never had a government that ruled over all independent Somali regions and that will not happen anytime soon. Based on that I don't think many people would have issue with say the Islamic emirate of Somaliland. The only time Somali regions will ever be united under a single government is a future khilafah that consolidates power in the jaziratul arab and is upon the minhajul nabuwa and brings the Somali regions under its control either through willing consent or force by military means. That is when you will see true justice and peace and tranquility fill the lands when a rightly guided khalif who may even be the mahdi is ruling it from makkatul mukarramah.

your the type to promote arab unity, but be against somali unity, lol @ the unity of somali muslims reminding you of an atheist government. Wouldn't it make sense to first unite somalis before we unite with the greater muslim population.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
your the type to promote arab unity, but be against somali unity, lol @ the unity of somali muslims reminding you of an atheist government. Wouldn't it make sense to first unite somalis before we unite with the greater muslim population.

:drakelaugh:

How about we try 15 million Somalis first

paragon

@IssaqSultan prove me wrong. Your country can't manage to placate the few Daroods that live there and the Dir. Your Parliment is mostly Issaq so it's an Issaq country with or without Vice Presidency and Presidency belonging to other tribes and the token representation of other qabils. kkkkk Delude yourself into thinking its fair. You won't find any evidence to suggest otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending