Lets be honest about Somaliland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I love my country but alot of people in here seem to think Im not from there simply cause I say negative things about it

Personally I think people should wake up and realize Somaliland isnt that great IF it was 99% of everyone in the west would move there in a heartbeat

Only reason Somaliland keep building stuff is thanks to private businesses government aint got shit to do with it at all And people sending money back home Government aint Done shit for 27 years

Any person who belives the government aint got funds enough is silly to believe such a lie

The government has failed the people yet they still support it blindly

Look at hargeisa

- isnt enough water
-sewage system
-not any roads
-infrastructure
-urban planning
-city planning
-waste management
-waste disposal
-high unemployment

The list goes on

^^^^
Does Somalia have all that you listed? While they have an internationally recognised government.

Btw Burco is mother of city planning, there's no single Somali city that can challenge Burco when it comes to city planning. Burco is also water rich city and 90% Burco residents use 24hrs tap water.

And Hargeisa will have enough water in the next 12 months.

Last edited:

Mercury

VIP
^^^^
Does Somalia have all that you listed? While they have an internationally recognised government.
Look at it this way Xamar got Al shabab , amisom and bombings that most likely isnt even from al shabab but Other people

Somaliland dont got any of those issues its peace but whats the point of a peaceful country when the government dont give a shit about the people?

Look at it this way Xamar got Al shabab , amisom and bombings that most likely isnt even from al shabab but Other people

Somaliland dont got any of those issues its peace but whats the point of a peaceful country when the government dont give a shit about the people?

Somaliland also got no recognition, because the recognition is what making everything possible, this will let us access the international markets, sign major investments, building major infrastructure in the country and many more things.

Mercury

VIP
Somaliland also got no recognition, because the recognition is what making everything possible, this will let us access the international markets, sign major investments, building major infrastructure in the country and many more things.
Recognition could change things but I doubt it especially with corruptiom going on and 0 accountability only reason leaders are striving for ictiraaf is to pocket it for their own gain

Instead of independence why not put all focus towards development?

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Recognition could change things but I doubt it especially with corruptiom going on and 0 accountability only reason leaders are striving for ictiraaf is to pocket it for their own gain

Instead of independence why not put all focus towards development?
Clearly you don't understand the issue when you say it like that because many of the things you said can't happen without the other.

Many of the reasons we don't have what you listed is partly due to corruption, lack of funds and not being able to to access international financial institutions to help with development etc.

Add to it the concerns that other countries have entering into trade deals with Somaliland because of the legal uncertainty of not being de-jure recognized... Independence and being able to develop the country go hand in hand.

Also we are way better off as it is, there are some accountability.. Our current situation beats re-joining a terrorist infested country where the terrorist and the higher-ups indirectly work together.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
I agree, OP is right, he doesn't beat around the bush. SL project is a failure

^^^^

Btw Burco is mother of city planning, there's no single Somali city that can challenge Burco when it comes to city planning. Burco is also water rich city and 90% Burco residents use 24hrs tap water.

And Hargeisa will have enough water in the next 12 months.

Tap water? From the tank on top of the house? That isn’t exactly running water is it?

Clearly you don't understand the issue when you say it like that because many of the things you said can't happen without the other.

Many of the reasons we don't have what you listed is partly due to corruption, lack of funds and not being able to to access international financial institutions to help with development etc.

Add to it the concerns that other countries have entering into trade deals with Somaliland because of the legal uncertainty of not being de-jure recognized... Independence and being able to develop the country go hand in hand.

Also we are way better off as it is, there are some accountability.. Our current situation beats re-joining a terrorist infested country where the terrorist and the higher-ups indirectly work together.

Who is way better off? Do you live in Somaliland all year round or are you living in comfort in the west or some other place?

I love my country but alot of people in here seem to think Im not from there simply cause I say negative things about it

Personally I think people should wake up and realize Somaliland isnt that great IF it was 99% of everyone in the west would move there in a heartbeat

Only reason Somaliland keep building stuff is thanks to private businesses government aint got shit to do with it at all And people sending money back home Government aint Done shit for 27 years

Any person who belives the government aint got funds enough is silly to believe such a lie

The government has failed the people yet they still support it blindly

Look at hargeisa

- isnt enough water
-sewage system
-not any roads
-infrastructure
-urban planning
-city planning
-waste management
-waste disposal
-high unemployment

The list goes on

Let’s be honest , you have little to no knowledge of Somaliland. Using your stupid logic nowhere in the fucking world outside of US/Canada/Europe/Australia is great because “99% of everyone in the West would move there in a heartbeat” :russ:

These Somaliland haters are fucking ridiculous :pachah1:

Mercury

VIP
Let’s be honest , you have little to no knowledge of Somaliland. Using your stupid logic nowhere in the fucking world outside of US/Canada/Europe/Australia is great because “99% of everyone in the West would move there in a heartbeat” :russ:

These Somaliland haters are fucking ridiculous :pachah1:

I been in SL many times when I was taking these pictures ppl asked me why you taking photos of this ugly places and not the nicer areas

Cause 80% roads look like this and this is the reality on the ground

The People are to prideful to admit the problems that exist
91F2D66E-A961-4A69-8A67-2CF082191401.jpeg
4343DDEC-6F5E-42F5-A4DF-5A1E27F32064.jpeg
FDAEB64F-50C3-4C8B-AA3A-F8426ABDA654.jpeg
1194C99D-49A8-48E8-89D8-B2B3CEF4CA41.jpeg
E31F571F-7149-4D2F-99FB-9F6B5BB77A6A.jpeg
17E46F2A-87A6-46A0-B6C2-D955DF9C4F08.jpeg
6199CE62-0E97-4D74-ABCA-DA6A86F66997.jpeg

Saalax Bidaar

Truthfulness so often goes with ruthlessness
I been in SL many times when I was taking these pictures ppl asked me why you taking photos of this ugly places and not the nicer areas

Cause 80% roads look like this and this is the reality on the ground

The People are to prideful to admit the problems that exist
View attachment 56809 View attachment 56810 View attachment 56811 View attachment 56812 View attachment 56813 View attachment 56814 View attachment 56815
What a shitty place
That is what an absence of a government looks like

Hargeisa 1970s
10ns6xh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.